Forums Kongregate

unregister?

14 posts

Flag Post

Most of the games are frustrating the hell out of me so I would like to close my account. How?

Flag Post

Just don’t use it. Easy.

Flag Post

Actually we DO need an option to delete our account. But I figure it’s probably only something they’d consider for when they build up the new forums. And if they go with some of the best forums, that option will be there automatically.

Flag Post

With as far as I know, no other major social networking sites having the option to delete an account, we’d be trying a first here.

I think they’d have their reasons.

Flag Post

If you by major social networking sites mean communities, pretty much all the ones I know and use have that option, presumably because they all use vBulletin and phpBB. So it would hardly be a first.

Flag Post

I disagree with the remove account. I think that only admins can delete your account, not you. There is 2 reasons why people can’t delete their own accounts.

1. If someone else knows the password, he could delete the account.

2. Kongregate doesn’t wanna broken links.

Flag Post

Broken links aren’t a problem, but people hacking and deleting accounts is.

Also, once an account is deleted it can never be recovered for any reason, which means that people making emotional choices could regret it later, and then not want to come back to the site because they lost all their points, badges, and cards.

However, for some circumstances and if you truly, really, want your account deleted we can have it done if requested. You’ll need to send an email to support@kongregate.com

In most cases if you do not want to access your account we would rather permanently ban it, since that is a way to turn off access but allow it to reopened at some point in the future.

Flag Post

They’re building new forums?!?

Flag Post

Yes they are, Henry. Well, maybe not now but that’s the plan.

And I have to ask, and this is going to sound harsh even though it isn’t meant like it, but have any of you actually BEEN on any other communities/forums?

First of all, if hacking into accounts and deleting them would be a big problem, then how come this seems to be the only community I know of, that is worried about that? And this is even a very new community at that.

Secondly, yes usually when you delete an account, it’s gone for good, but it IS possible to just, say, deactivate it, like for instance Hotmail does. Then, if you have deactivated it yourself, you can always come back later, or your account could possibly be deleted after a certain number of days of not having logged in after the deactivation, again like Hotmail.

Flag Post

giantitp.com is where I used to go. I had quite a few osts, my first forum experience.

Flag Post

Facebook allows you to close your account.

If you need a time-out because you are constantly distracted, you could get a GreaseMonkey script that does not allow you to go to Kongregate.

Flag Post

How do you undo greasemonkey script?

Flag Post

bottum right corner, theres the monkey, click him. YOU MADE THE MONKEY SAD!!! but then goto the page.

Flag Post

Also, I think un-registering would be great. Some people might have alts where they look like an idiot or somethng.