Forums Kongregate

banning people

32 posts

Flag Post

I think banning people from any site is so stupid because people can come back with a new nickname.
I was thinking how this can be done on kongregate, the admin could take away badges and cards, but first you get a warning.
This is just an idea so what are peoples views on this. I don’t want to upset people.

Flag Post

Uh-huh, then make another account.

Flag Post

Mods can also IP-ban, so they can’t make new accounts.

Flag Post

Who told you that un-belivable fake lie?

Flag Post

Taking badges and cards away would be ridiculous. It also wouldn’t work if the person doesn’t have any.

Flag Post

Mods can’t IP ban.

Flag Post

Also, IP bans are not effective on most computers, for example, my IP changes each time I reconnect to the internet, being a laptop, very often. Some countries(second hand info this time) have a law you must have an “ever-changing” IP as I call it. However, there are more… permanent ways.

Flag Post

I think the point of banning is usually because of obscene-ness…if the stupid person doesn’t get the point after being banned the first time…well they’ll usually end up banned again..

Flag Post

Yea banning takes one click when making an account requires a lot more.

Flag Post

You’ll notice that when banned you can’t make new accounts for an hour or so. I believe that this is a hostmask ban, and something you can only avoid with a proxy or by changing Tor nodes (assuming that all the nodes haven’t been banned before)

Flag Post

@ Crushproof

However, some trolls fool this system by making accounts BEFORE getting banned, so they can cause a spam/flame fest without having to make a new account after 1 hour, and eventually getting that banned too. Most trolls don’t do this since they are not smart enough to think of it.

Flag Post

The answer is a lie.

Most trolls don’t do this since they are not smart enough to think of it.

No smart trolls = no-brainer.

Flag Post

ban the sub-net!

Flag Post

Trolls are infact the smartest subspecies out there. Trained in psyops and the art of pissing off a monk. What you mostly deal with is spammers.

And yes, I have about 7 or 8 accounts ;)

Flag Post

I’ve never been banned, whats it like?

Flag Post

I’ve never been banned, whats it like?

It is a white, empty, desolate place where you are tied to a chair and forced to play NathRoxxCo’s games for all eternity.

Flag Post

Ouch, I actually need to be banned from kongregate. One day I hit greg in the stomach. Through brain waves.

Flag Post

Being banned is like disconnecting from Kong or having a server conflict. You get a screen that says “You have been banned from Kongregate… blah blah blah”

Flag Post

We need IP bans anyway, for the places that don’t change IP, y’know, just in case.

Flag Post

Yeah, but you know that one day an admin will get really drunk and ban every IP range; which will basically mean we’re all f*cked

Flag Post

Why would the admin wait to get drunk first?

After being banned, I went outside. There was like, people and trees and stuff. I got arrested for trying to steal a box of boy scout badges.

(Hey Severe, why don’t you suggest making accounts before getting banned? Oh wait… :)

Flag Post

I was banned a long time ago, it was weird I tried to login and it wouldn’t let me, I had to look around to find out what happened. I could also see the forums, just not post. I was also banned for trolling, and apparently the parameters for trolling have been heightened. i wasn’t given a warning… maybe I was, i don’t remember too well, anyone wanna dig that up for me?

Flag Post

On a side note, Henry now has 1000 posts the way I see it.

Let’s see.. when I got banned I, wait.

Never being banned doesn’t help in this thread = (

Flag Post

when you find out you have been banned, you get pissed. I have never been told i was getting banned, i was left to find out on my next visit.

Flag Post

Never been banned :) I can change my IP in about 1 minute as well…