Forums Kongregate

Badge Modification

50 posts

Flag Post

Which badges should be tweaked. For instance, maybe you think you should have to get 600 head shots on The Last Stand instead of 500. Or maybe you think a medium badge should be changed to a hard. This is not badge suggestions.

Flag Post

I think the best modification would be greg to be fired and me to become badge picker.

Flag Post

Meh. I think they’re all rated correct difficulties for the most part. The difficulty may depend heavily on your skill with certain types of games / or the amount of luck you have. Example: for me the impossible Dolphin olympics badge and the impossible streamline badge were wicked easy… but I’ll never ever get that impossible hexiom badge. And I’ve just given up getting badges that are on games I don’t enjoy playing that much.

Flag Post

This thread is actually pretty helpful for me, since I’m always aiming to improve the difficulty tuning of the badges. Please suggest away, guys! I probably won’t change any of them, but it will at least give me an idea about some that could have been designed better.

Flag Post

maybe you think you should have to get 600 head shots on The Last Stand instead of 500

Wasn’t that what the old badge was like untill greg found the replay bug? Yeah we should go back to 600 and everyone can say the headshoted 600 zombies fair and square like I did.

Flag Post

I think the medium badge for Draw Play 2 should be changed. I’ve had a much harder time on that badge than on many of the hard badges. Infact, I think this is about the same difficulty as the Streamline impossible badges.

Wasn’t that what the old badge was like untill greg found the replay bug? Yeah we should go back to 600 and everyone can say the headshoted 600 zombies fair and square like I did.

That was just an example.

Flag Post

I didn’t mean it, Greg = (

Now,

Draw Play 2 = Hard Badge. If not freaking impossible

RPN = Impossible

Flag Post

Please… To modify badges is definately not a good idea. As Greg said, he’s probably not going to change a thing.

But, of course that feedback is very important for him to make future badges.

There’s a topic called “Papa’s Pizzeria – Inadequate Points” with basically the same discussion.

As I said there, sincerely… I like it the way it is. I consider the actual system reasonable.

There will always be complaints, whether it changes or not.

Difficulty and Lenght are subjective factors and nothing will change that.

I repeat: feedback is important! But, 99% of the time people complain! Feedback is about saying what someone is doing right too! So, in my opinion, it’s all good.

Flag Post

Well, I also got that 700 headshot badge, but i prefer to keep it at 500. If we go any higher and up the difficulty, everyone would pretty much exploit it and earn an easy impossible badge.

Ring Pass Not is really tough as well, but does it really merit an impossible badge? I mean, sure, it took me 2 days of nonstop playing to earn it, but the badge itself only requires you to beat the main story. Since RPN continues forever, a true impossible badge for RPN would be like, “Beat level 50” or something. Other impossible badges all test the limits of the game; you’ve probably completed 100% of other games to earn those impossible badges. Hard badges mostly require you to just beat the “basic” mode. To award an impossible badge for beating RPN just doesn’t seem right.

I think Greg is doing fine with the badge difficulty, except i think that more points should be awarded to hard badges that take the time of an impossible badge (granted, this is subjective, but clearly something that would take ~7hours of meticulous playing should be awarded more points than a hard badge that takes an hour.) As of now, the only game that does this would be papa’s pizzeria, since you HAVE to invest that time in order to get the badge. I would just award an extra 15 points or something for the pizzeria badge. Since Papa’s Pizzeria is the only game i think needs this type of tuning, another difficulty level would be wasted.

Flag Post

The Sniper badge used to be impossible, and it used to be awarded for 700 kills. I wish that glitch wasn’t there so other people would have a chance at 60 points again…

Flag Post

I think the medium badge for Draw Play 2 should be changed. I’ve had a much harder time on that badge than on many of the hard badges.

Yeah, Draw Play 2 is hard to beat! 15 points is not enough…

Flag Post

I find that most of the badges are what there titled as but there are the odd ones that are hard when there titled as a medium.

Flag Post

orboros badges need to be tweaked… I was able to get the hard badge, before I beat the challenge for the card, but Is still can’t get the easy badge I mean come on….

Flag Post

Draw play 2 was EASY! With a touchpad, of course, it all depends if you know the “elevator” trick.

Anyway, I think Heximpossible should be given much longer time limit, personally.

Also, beat level 75 in RPN would be a decent impossible badge. Might be kinda easy though…

Flag Post

The Hexium was hard, but not impossible, it wouldn’t be an impossible if it was easy CC :P

Flag Post

I have to disagree, i didn’t think draw play 2 was hard at all. I actually recall thinking it should be an easy badge heh, but that’s just my opinion. The Dolphin Olympics 2 restaurant badge should be a ‘double-impossible’ badge – 120 pts. lolll, but no really, it should. I swear, I’ve spent more time on that game going for that damn badge.

’Mark

Flag Post

I was able to get the hard badge, before I beat the challenge for the card, but Is still can’t get the easy badge I mean come on….

I am actually open to making easy badges easier if some are too hard… I might reduce it to 3 or something for this one. I like to use “add” stats for some easy badges because you can chip away at them even if you keep dying, since the stats carry over. It’s not my intention to make them long badges so much as it’s my intention to make them virtually guaranteed for people who keep trying. I did, however, greatly reduce the easy Bloons badge because I felt that it was too long.

Draw play 2 was EASY! With a touchpad, of course, it all depends if you know the “elevator” trick.

I have to disagree, i didn’t think draw play 2 was hard at all. I actually recall thinking it should be an easy badge heh, but that’s just my opinion.

Whether you know the elevator trick definitely makes a big difference. The main reason that the Draw Play 2 badge isn’t hard is that you can keep retrying the same level until you get it, and levels are rarely much longer than 10 or 15 seconds. I’ll admit that I had a few frustrating moments getting through Draw Play 2, but it still only took me about 15 minutes or so, so I wasn’t sure if I could really justify making it a “hard” badge.

Another problem is that the game itself is a bit glitchy. I’ve been trying to convince Eggy to clean up a few bugs in the game (I even offered him a bit of money), but no luck so far… maybe we could get a petition together or something.

Flag Post

Hexiom impossible sounds about right (I have it after a lot of trying), don’t edit that.

Dolphin Olympics 2 impossible sounds about right (I also have it after HEAPS of trying), don’t edit that one either :P

RPN Hard is good too, it isn’t like some crazily difficult game (as long as you plan ahead).

The Fold impossible badge seemed a bit easy (well I remember it as being easy)..

Yeah that’s all I have to comment for the moment.

Flag Post

I think there should be badges for every game on kong. It would make it more interesting, even for the boring games.

Flag Post

Walforking, I disagree. Also, that’s not possible. Only games that have API can have badges. And the a game can get only badges if it is good.

I would change this: Fold Impossible badge —> Hard. It was too easy.

Flag Post

Draw Play 2 would be medium (or even easy for you crazy people) if the game’s hitTest wasn’t complete bull. You have to be careful, especially on the levels where you have the big pens, because you need to be exact on about 3 pixels, or the terrible hitTest kills you. Elevator trick does NOTHING on the horizontal levels, again, the big pens.

Fold Impossible should STAY impossible. You know what should be hard? Orbular badge. It was too easy, left it on level 8 overnight, then finished it the next morning. Way too easy. DTD impossible took me 4 overnight tries, and it was ENDLESS.

Flag Post

Medium Badge for fold should definitely be changed to an easy. The Hard Badge could be changed to medium, and the Impossible could be changed to a hard. Though, I think the medium should be changed the most.

Flag Post

Want me to pester Eggy some? He wants me to do some coding for him, perhaps I could nag him whilst I do it :P

Flag Post

20 snail combo on fancy pants to a medium =/

“But you’d lose points..”

shush you.. and… hexiom badge to… super impossible, because I can’t get it.. yet.

Flag Post

20 snail combo on fancy pants to a medium =/

Ah, when you tried it you lost your sanity.