Forums Kongregate

Badge Modification page 2

50 posts

Flag Post

i think the hard badge on filler should be changed to impossible, since lvl 11 is impossible

Flag Post

oops, i meant areas

Flag Post

Just a general note, can we stick to suggesting modifications to badges already obtained?

Re: Areas – Hard is fine, all it is is time consuming.

Flag Post

20 snail combo on fancy pants to a medium =/ “But you’d lose points..”

Actually, if the difficulties are changed, no one loses points if they already got it. The only people who get screwed are the people who already earned a badge if it’s made HARDER, since they won’t get the additional points and can’t earn the badge again.

Also, I almost made the combo 10 (I really suck at it), but Brad convinced me to make it 20. I thought that was too hard, but I guess not!

Flag Post

Also, I almost made the combo 10 (I really suck at it), but Brad convinced me to make it 20. I thought that was too hard, but I guess not!

Yeah, the right choice was definitely made. In my opinion, 20 is the perfect number for a hard badge; anything under would be too easy, and anything over would be too hard

Flag Post

Once you get the hang of it, you can just sit there and keep doing it.

Flag Post

OK. Mah turn :)

Hexiompossible (Hexiom – Impossible) – The setting is great, because I tended to be almost done by 2:30 (3 or so pieces wrong) but almost never finished under 3 min.

Black Hole Escape Artist (Fold – Impossible) – This one WAS a bit easy. My only major problem was figuring out how to do Pole Vault, and the rest were much easier (to me). Yeah, hard may be a better setting.

Balloon Fighter (Bloons Tower Defense – Hard) – Easy. Spam Darts.

General’s Slaughter (Shield Defense – Hard) – With the antimatter shield this game just becomes time consuming and not really all that hard.

Flag Post

That snail badge is really just a matter of getting the hang of it. More than 20 seems tedious >.>

Flag Post

More than 20 seems tedious >.>

So, so true.

Flag Post

I got maybe a good idea… What about destroy the Pizza Adict Badge, and make the Pizza Psychopath an impossible badge!? This shall make some people stop complaining, about making the both badges impossibles and not hard…

Flag Post

It will make people stop complaining…

Flag Post

Totaly true :P. And it would simplify a lot the both badges, because they are almost the same, and to reach from Pizza Addict Badge to the Pizza Psychopath Badge it’s too much easy!

Flag Post

I think the Hard badge on Fancy pants world 2 should be changed to medium or the req. should be bumped up to at least 30. It’s is very easy to get 20; once you practice it, making the badge very easy to get. once you get to 30 your chances of getting to 20 are a lot easier, but getting to thirty again is hard. think about it please greg :)

your hopeful friend -phatcat

Flag Post

Phatcat, the very fact you have to practice makes it a hard badge. Easy badges should take almost no time and skill, medium badges should take a little bit of time and maybe some skill, but not much (see caravaneer’s medium badge) and hard badges should take skill, time, and/or practice. This one takes a lot of practice and some skill, so it should still be hard.

Flag Post

For all the complaints about Draw Play 2…. The right mouse button is your friend.

Flag Post

it took me 20 minutes to get the hard fancy pants badge but an hour to get the medium dtd badge, so time shouldn’t can’t determine what a badges difficulty is, I think hitting the ball 20 times is way to easy for it to be worth 30 points, 30 times seems more appropriate, effectively making it hard.

Flag Post

Draw Play 2 is definitely among the hardest of the medium badges, but I don’t think it merits a hard badge. All it really requires is patience and the ability to not be furious with the game (maybe a badge all on it’s own)

For The Last Stand, I got the 700 Headshot-Imp badge without utilising the glitches, but I think it would deserve to be put back to Impossible if only those glitches were eliminated.

I very strongly agree with the merge-Pizzaria-to-one suggestion.

Maybe the Thing-Thing-3 badge could be downgraded to medium. Once you get the key card, it’s really fairly easy to finish the levels, as the bosses are quite disappointing. Certainly one of the easier ‘Hard’ badge.

Finally, I still think the Hover Bot Arena badge needs to either be eliminated or upgraded to Hard, just because of the terrible lag that turns timed 10 minute rounds into half an hour. With the timer-lag it takes about 1.5 hours of nonstop mindless gaming to beat.

Toodles ^^

Flag Post

Im thinking that there should be a badge that goes in between the medium and hard badge because there are alot of games that have that kind of difficulty. Would be nice to see in the future! :)

Flag Post

i don’t know man… the badges are good just the way it’s

new kind of badges will take this site into a war or something like that…

Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy Hard Badge = Papa’s pizzeria Hard Badge (and i still think that both papa’s pizzeria hard badges should become just one impossible badge, people would stop in just a second to complain about the hard work to just receive 30 points …)

Flag Post

A few suggestions, even though I know probably nothing will get changed…Enjoy =D

Protector Hard badge to Impossible, it took me 3 weekends of playing nothing but that to get it…And wave 38 of 40 on hard marathon my internet debugged itself…fun fun

Areas Hard badge to Impossible as well, I’m stuck on level 70, but a few weekends of a lot of that (and other stuff) and I’m still having quite a bit of trouble.

Platform Racing Badge Hard to Medium, just because even though it may take a little bit of time, it’s really quite easy (but not 5-points easy).

Grid16 Hard badge to Medium, got it on my second try in maybe 10 minutes? You just bring it down to on game that you’re really good at and it repeats itself over and over.

Pillage the Village Hard badge to Impossible. I’ve heard of people beating this game like 4 to 5 times just to get a strategy to get this badge. I haven’t given a second effort to it because I know it’s ridiculously hard.

Orboros Hard badge to Medium. I beat it on my first try without much effort. I stretched at some parts, closed the curtains and forgot to pause once. One level I played with my toes to relieve my boredom…Not too difficult of a badge. (Also I know this isn’t the right thread, but maybe level 10 in endurance could be a hard badge? Lost at level 12 =O Took forever it was so hard! and got nothing out of it…)

Boxhead: 2Play Rooms Medium badge to Hard. I’ve tried it multiple times, but I often get cornered a single time around levels 25-30 and lose immediately, having to repley the whole game for a simple madium badge.

Rings Medium badge to Hard. This might just be that I suck at this game, but I can hardly to to even 60,000-70,000. Maybe medium is OK, but I just have terrible trouble with this game.

Four Second Frenzy Hard badge to Medium, because even though I had trouble with it the first couple times, I got the hang of most the games and beat it without much strain. Also, when comparing it to hard badges like Protector and Areas, does it really measure up?

Well, that’s all I got everyone. I hope you all appreciate my suggestions, even though it probably won’t put a dent in anything. My main overall suggestion is that you should maybe put some of the short and sweet hard badges down to medium, and the freaky impossible and month-long hard badges up to expert. This is also where a new badge difficulty (45 points probably?) would come in handy. Games like Areas, Protector, and Papa’s Pizzaria take loads of time to complete, and when compared to games like RotaZion, Particles, and Balance Balls 2, they’re just not the same difficulty. Sure, the shorter hard badges might end up taking quite a bit of time, they’re not anything like the long, stretched out “complete the forever on-going impossible game” hard badges.

Flag Post

Protector Hard badge to Impossible

This was quite easy for me.

Areas Hard badge to Impossible

No… I actually think it is a good hard badge, you’re having a “hard” time!

Platform Racing Badge Hard to Medium

I agree with this, I had an extremely easy time with this.

Pillage the Village Hard badge to Impossible

Look at “areas”.

Orboros Hard badge to Medium

Well… actually… yes, I like that idea!

Boxhead: 2Play Rooms Medium badge to Hard

If you start on ‘nightmare’ you start at level 36 (or 35, can’t remember)

Rings Medium badge to Hard

I had a hard time getting this too… it seems like a good hard to me!

Four Second Frenzy Hard badge to Medium

I had a hard time getting this, I got it, but it took me many tries, and I had to get a feel for the game.

Flag Post

boxhead actually once was hard until they found out about that nightmare mode thing lol

Flag Post

boxhead actually once was hard until they found out about that nightmare mode thing lol

Yeah, same for me.

Flag Post

Who’s “they”? I always knew about the nightmare thing, but the badge used to be much different, and much more glitchy. I changed the requirements to get rid of some bugs, but people complained that the new requirements were too easy for a hard badge, and I agreed enough to change it to normal. Follow the advice in the badge description if you really want to get it: Set it to nightmare and turn on all the cheats. I promise it’s not very difficult.

Platform Racing Badge Hard to Medium, just because even though it may take a little bit of time, it’s really quite easy (but not 5-points easy).

I was originally thinking of just making the hard badge “reach rank 300” and making it an endurance badge. I’ve mentioned in a few threads that the hard badge in Platform Racing is intentionally a little easier than usual just because I want to encourage people to play in real games, rather than forcing them to play by themselves to get a near-perfect time. None of the requirements for the hard badge in Platform Racing are unreasonable to achieve in games filled with other players. I could’ve easily set the requirements to be much more difficult, but then I’d essentially be forcing people to play a great multiplayer game by themselves, and that doesn’t sound like much fun to me. Believe it or not, I try to make the path to earning badges as enjoyable as possible (though I’m sure holders of the Papa’s Pizzeria and Balloon Invasion badges might have issues with this statement…).

Flag Post

Thanks guys, that helps a ton! But let’s quit talkin about this and get back on the real topic because I don’t wanna be an uber thread stealer. XD