Forums Kongregate

games save files.

8 posts

Flag Post

i couldnt think of a good title for this thread so heres my story.

me and my brother both play on this website. but whenever i play a game that he polayed and he got a badge or beat a level in the game, it automatically takes me there or gives me the points. i dont like that. i want to beat the games for my self. how do find the save files or whatever tells the game where it is so i can delete them and start from the beginning?

Flag Post

Clear Flash Cookies. But that will erase all games..

Flag Post

A good solution is to create a separate Windows profile, that will save your cookies separately.

If you cant do that and just want to delete your files, the easiest way is to use the manager http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and delete Kongregate related cookies (or right click a game and choose settings to use the internal manager).

Otherwise, they are stored in your C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\ folder if you want to back them up or do it by hand.

Flag Post

This is the perfect excuse to take to your parents and demand another computer. :)

Flag Post

Or just use Firefox for Kongregate.

Flag Post

Otherwise, they are stored in your C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\ folder if you want to back them up or do it by hand.

In the case of Vista, the guys at windows decided to rename Application Data to AppData; that gave me some trouble, took me a while to find it when I first looked a while back :P

So incase you are going to take that route and have Vista, be aware ;)

Flag Post

>Or just use Firefox for Kongregate.

Firefox uses the same folder for the save file. So it’s not a solution. :(

Flag Post

FireFox has profiles however :)