Forums Kongregate

What does the "R1" on the new card mean?

30 posts

Flag Post

I just completed the current challenge, and I noticed that there is a blue box in the upper right-hand corner of it with the text “R1” in it.

Does anybody know what this means?

Flag Post

It means that the card is a replay card, they already launched that card… so this is a replay

Flag Post

It’s basically like a “2nd edition” card. It does the exact same thing as the first one, but it’s not as cool.

Flag Post

R1 means Replay 1 from what I see.

Flag Post

Or Re-release 1… And I guess you can get these ones even if you have the original card.

Flag Post

So….when was the first Deadly Poison released and what was the challenge?

Flag Post

So….when was the first Deadly Poison released and what was the challenge?

Generic Defense Game, back in June 2007.

Flag Post

So you guys are starting to release old cards now!?!?!? Super YAY!!!

Flag Post

Generic Defense Game, back in June 2007.

A bit of a coincidence, especially with both games related to defense or something :o.

Flag Post

wait if there is an R1 then are you planning any more Rs?

Flag Post

Yes. That’s what the Replay cards are for. From what I gather, all the cards in the set have been sed for a challenge already, and most people (apart from the ones who’ve been here forever) won’t hjave the earliest card. It gives new people and anyone who missed it first time another chance to get the card. Of course, people who already have the card can get it, which simply means that they have two of them. I don’t know the rules of the card game, so they may or may not be able to use both versions at the same time.

Flag Post

R2 might be the version that you get in Kongai.

Flag Post

Kongai’s cards would just be named with a red letter K over there at the corner :D.

Flag Post

Maybe. You never know.

Flag Post

Haha, I believe this was the card that was here when I first joined, but didn’t like the game so I didn’t bother getting it ;_;

Ah, the inhumanity!

Flag Post

So, are there any cards that won’t be getting released again? I think there should be at least one card that is rare ;D

Flag Post

Sweet, thanks. I didn’t get the card on the first run. <3 Kongai.

Flag Post

I remember Generic Defense Game. That card came out on the first month that I had been on Kongregate. The only card I missed while I was here was Death Mask. Other than that, I just missed the really early cards.

Flag Post

Same at most… I started during the Dophin Olympics one.

Flag Post

Lol Malachi. I think Rumiko might not be released XD

Flag Post

A bit of a coincidence, especially with both games related to defense or something :o.

I think both cards are related to poison stuffs (i don’t really know what game in generic defense game was related, but i think it was the picnic attack. And in the protector game you have to make 5 poison mage)

Flag Post

I played a game on the playstation and it had a picture of a potion and playstations have R1 buttons.

Flag Post

I played a game on the playstation and it had a picture of a potion and playstations have R1 buttons.

Brilliant!

Flag Post

We’ve got a lawsuit.

Flag Post

how profound of you!