Forums Kongregate

Idea For A System To Filter Spammers (Second Draft Complete-Suggestions For Final?)

17 posts

Flag Post

I was thinking while playing Protector, “What’s a good way to get rid of spammers?” Then it hit me. A voting system where players would “nominate” a player to be placed under moderator watch. When a player was voted upon as a nuisance, then the moderator would watch this player. If then the moderator found this person to be a nuisance or a violator of rules, then they would ban the player from the room. This brings up a secondary point. Would a room for “tempra-banned” players be a possibility? I want suggestions for this idea before submitting a final idea to Kongregate. Please take the time to leave your opinions.

Flag Post

I only glanced over this, but I actually kind of like elements of this idea so far.

Flag Post

Any suggestions to it?

Flag Post

I kinda think your idea has a general idea that could work, maybe there should be a ‘flag as inappropriate’ function on a players account, but then if you did that I think you should have to give your reason to why you flagged so random flags aren’t accepted.

Flag Post

This is somewhat like Gregs plan…. here’s the link if you wish to see it bengal http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/3460

Flag Post

Alright. After a few more suggestions, I will write a second draft. So please voice your opinion so it can be included.

Flag Post

Maybe along with flagging someone as being inappropriate you can personally bug a certain mod to ban him until you yourself gets banned(joke).

Flag Post

people would abuse this power.

Flag Post

Hence the moderator secondary check.

Flag Post

Sounds like that greg guy.

It pretty much sounds like NG’s whistle thing. I’ll go for it.

Flag Post

sound’s like a good idea but what about if people keep on abusing it and loads of people end up on moderator watch?

Flag Post

if this were to happen id have every mod and staff member looking at me so NO

Flag Post

Afraid for your “freedom” to annoy the hell out of people KingKyd?
Anyway, this idea is great. Also, if a player gets banned in multiple rooms, they should be banned from Kongregate altogether.

Flag Post

this would be good, but often room end up without mods. What would you do then?

Flag Post

Often, Katsu? Hell, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mod intervention in a Kong chat room.

However, I’m guessing that a flag would call in mods from other rooms.

Flag Post

SECOND DRAFT:

-Voting Based System
-If A Player Receives A Majority Of Votes, Player Would Be Placed Under A List Of Players For The Room Moderator To Watch
-If Then, The Watched Player Is Found To Be A Spammer, Or To Be A Nuisance To The Other Players, He Would Be Booted From The Room
-If A Previously Booted Player Proceeds With To Annoy More Gamers And Is Booted From Multiple Rooms, A Temporary Ban From Kongregate Would Be Recommended
-Subsequent Offenses, Greater Consequences
-Players May Submit Suggestions To Ban Players ONLY IF A VALID REASON IS SUPPLIED
-Finally, If A Player Under Moderator Watch Was Seen To Have Calmed Down, He Would Be Removed From Moderator Watch

Flag Post

Accoch63, thats brilliant
Definitely will be added to final draft
this idea is really taking shape