Forums Kongregate

Better Kongregate Firefox Add-on [UPDATED: Oct 23, 2012] page 15

437 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kranix:

For some reason, chat is completely blank for me when i have BK enabled…
I’ll try to track down which script causes it.

Edit: Found out it’s the full profile linker that causes this!

For what it’s worth, I have this problem with the Firefox 4 nightlies. Mozilla is in the process of rolling out Javascript compartmentalization and are still tweaking their implementation, so, as the script’s author, I’ve been waiting for the dust to settle before resuming work on it. That, and Firebug only just recently started working on Minefield again.

I’ll give the script a check next week after I check in on the Jaegermonkey rollout to make sure I’m not wasting any effort.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

For what it’s worth, I have this problem with the Firefox 4 nightlies. Mozilla is in the process of rolling out Javascript compartmentalization and are still tweaking their implementation, so, as the script’s author, I’ve been waiting for the dust to settle before resuming work on it. That, and Firebug only just recently started working on Minefield again.

I’ll give the script a check next week after I check in on the Jaegermonkey rollout to make sure I’m not wasting any effort.

Just got an email from the mozilla team that beta 7 is out, and Firefox 4 is now in a feature freeze. This means it’s now ‘safe’ to work on compatibility for FF 4.0, since it’s almost here :) For script authors who were waiting until the FF 4 betas stabilized, the time has come! With that said, please post any present issues with scripts in FF 4.0 (excluding Full Profile Linker) so that Ventero and I can iron out any compatibility issues before the big 4 drops ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by musicdemon:
Originally posted by MrSpontaneous:

Just got an email from the mozilla team that beta 7 is out, and Firefox 4 is now in a feature freeze. This means it’s now ‘safe’ to work on compatibility for FF 4.0, since it’s almost here :) For script authors who were waiting until the FF 4 betas stabilized, the time has come! With that said, please post any present issues with scripts in FF 4.0 (excluding Full Profile Linker) so that Ventero and I can iron out any compatibility issues before the big 4 drops ;)

Yes, there’s a feature freeze. That doesn’t mean there aren’t showstopping bugs, and, going by the Moz Dev blogs I read, there are plenty of updates to Jaegermonkey (including compartmentalization modifications) that are still to come and not in Beta 7. I’m not touching my scripts until FF goes RC.

Flag Post

Yeah, I feel you on that one. I’m not too thrilled with FF 4 at the moment, what with the need for the orange button css hack, default link text location (light grey on bluish-grey…seriously?), etc. I’m going to be relying on even more addons & scripts than in the past to fix some of the design goofs in this version.

Flag Post

Thanks for this.
Installed.

Flag Post

The forum link fixer script misbehaves sometimes. It doesn’t remove the linkfixed=x part of the url after loading, so I try to refresh or go a previous page and it just goes to the last page again and I have to change the url manually. It doesn’t always do that though.

Flag Post

Thanks for the report :) My last 3 final exams are tomorrow, so I’ll finally have more time to make an update before the New Year. MrSpontaneous’ newest version of the View Link Fixer script will be in that update.

Flag Post

Thanks for the report :) My last 3 final exams are tomorrow, so I’ll finally have more time to make an update before the New Year. MrSpontaneous’ newest version of the View Link Fixer script will be in that update.

Yay!

Flag Post

Oh, and any reports about weird script behavior with Firefox 4 would be much appreciated! I will have more time to look at it after finals, but the growing list of scripts sometimes means that finding which scripts are the ones causing problems can be a long affair.

Flag Post

Firefox 4 actually can’t be supported until some remaining huge (mostly compartment-related) bugs are fixed. So, as Spont already said, before FF4 has a RC, it’s not worth the time trying to fix up everything.

Flag Post

Chat never loads when im using this script. I use FF 4.0 Beta 8

Flag Post

o_O weird. I have half of trhe scripts that are there in the list. XD also, you seem to have forgotten Ventero’s chatscript framework. without it it shouldn’t work. o_O

Flag Post
Originally posted by an_alien:

o_O weird. I have half of trhe scripts that are there in the list. XD also, you seem to have forgotten Ventero’s chatscript framework. without it it shouldn’t work. o_O

Original post is from 2009, things have changed.

Flag Post

NEEDS INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS INSTALLABLE FOR CHROME.

Flag Post

This is still an amazing add-on.
If you don’t have it yet, I’d recommend it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Conquerer95:

Does this by any chance happen to work for internet explorer?

nobody uses that anymore

Flag Post

Come on, why no support for the released FF4 yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by stellarvortex:

Come on, why no support for the released FF4 yet?

He just said it a few pages ago. A few things have to be fixed.

Flag Post

Do y’all have an ETA yet, now that the RC is out? o:

Flag Post

Yeah, we’re workin’ on it :) I’m not dead, I swear! 15 credits + work has decreased my free time substantially, but Ventero has been on top of things, and I’m going to try to squeeze out a version by the end of the weekend. My badge borders script has also been fixed, so you guys can download that in the meantime.

Flag Post

Fixing my scripts is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I’m just too frustrated with this right now to work on it any more, so it’ll probably be another week or two before I have time to look at it again.

Flag Post

Fixing my scripts is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I’m just too frustrated with this right now to work on it any more, so it’ll probably be another week or two before I have time to look at it again.

No worries, music. Take your time. :D
The major scripts we all love are working just fine anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Live2Die:

The major scripts we all love are working just fine anyway.

Interesting. Which ones aren’t working?

Flag Post

for my friend his FF claims that its not compatible with 4.0 i havent updated yet but i get script error everytime i go into the chat first it was for 7 of the script but they all worked now i get the error message around 20 times but they all still work

Flag Post

New version is still being worked on :) I had a problem with my VM manager, but I moved to VirtualBox and everything’s running smoothly again.

Just to whet appetites: addon startup times should be ~60-75% faster when new version rolls around (hopefully this weekend).