Forums Kongregate

Better Kongregate Firefox Add-on [UPDATED: Oct 23, 2012] page 17

435 posts

Flag Post

Thanks for the update skyboy!
We’ll be waiting patiently, if I understood anything of the scripts I’d help, I’m a programmer myself =)

Flag Post

I’ve updated the Fullscreen Chat script. I’ll talk to musicdemon about making a new BK release later this week.

*sigh* it would be nice if 3rd party script developers had advanced warning and access to a testing area.

Last I heard was that something like this should actually happen. That was a few months ago though, so I’d assume whoever would be responsible for this forgot about it.

Flag Post

Thanks for the fast update, very much appreciated =)

Flag Post

Thankyou^^=)

Flag Post

NEW VERSION

Version 4.1 (January 13, 2011)

• Addon’s icon is now in the toolbar, not the statusbar. You can put it back in the statusbar, if you wish, by right-clicking the icon and choosing “Customize”

• A link to every script’s description page has been inserted next to it in the Options dialog for convenience

• The navigation tabs have been given a bit more style

• Added GrateGuy’s Mute List script

• Added Vara’s Roomwatch and Superior Friends scripts

• Added Ventero’s Forum Muting script

• Fixed: Scripts that added entries to the chat actions dropdown (Fullscreen Chat)

• Removed Modcaller (web app returns error)

• Removed Recently Played script (broken)

• All scripts updated to their latest versions

• Changed maxVersion to 9.*

• Known Bugs
    • Menu commands are occasionally duplicated after refreshing a page that isn’t fully loaded yet

• Menu commands occasionally disappear after using the browser’s “Back” button
  • Note: We don’t usually post builds that have bugs, but these were very minor, and fixing them won’t be trivial. We figured you guys would rather have the fixed scripts since the Kong+ update before too much more time went by.

Flag Post

:O Wow, finally an update :D

Flag Post

Thanks a lot guys, installing right now =D

Flag Post

Just bumping this for anyone who hasn’t gotten it yet.
I’d highly recommend it if you’re using Firefox!
I just noticed the “Mute List” button under Chat Actions too.
That’s quite a useful addition for the people who put the mute feature to good use.

Flag Post

Yay! An update

Flag Post

Hey guys, first time poster on the subject but long time user of the add-on. One quick question about the compatibility issue with Firefox’s new release of version 10, will there be an update released soon to fix this?

Thanks.

Flag Post

There shouldn’t be any compatibility issues with Firefox 10 (especially because starting with FF10, extensions are marked compatible by default).
If you’re experiencing any specific problems, please report them here.

Flag Post

I think when I said compatibility issue I may have confused you, what I really meant was that Better Kongregate the add-on is not available for Firefox 10, according to add-on page.

Flag Post

Just click the install button and you’ll be able to install it anyway.

Flag Post

You’re still using Firefox 10?

I’m using FF13.

http://nightly.mozilla.org

Flag Post

please update again, it’s not compatible with 10.0.1

Flag Post

Just install anyway, it will work.

Flag Post

I must profess my love for this add-on again.
Even something as simple as changing the color of names of your friends in the chat, is quite nice.

Flag Post

It’d be nice to be able to change the colours of your friends so each friend has a dedicated colour. (I only have 7 friends but having 100+ would take a while to designate them)

Flag Post

New BK for new profile page?

Flag Post

I’ve installed it, but can’t access any options. I’ve got a “K” symbol in the top right, with a drop down menu, the drop down menu often having nothing in it. How do I change things?

Flag Post
Originally posted by jmhoffer:

I’ve installed it, but can’t access any options. I’ve got a “K” symbol in the top right, with a drop down menu, the drop down menu often having nothing in it. How do I change things?

Just go to Tools → Add-ons, and it should be in there, and that’s where you can change the options for it.

Flag Post

How the heck do I play games full-screen? I’m on Firefox 15.0.1.

Flag Post

So.. how do you open the menu thing with all the other features? :3

Flag Post

in your addons tab.
click the fireffox dropdown in the left top corner, then addons, then the settings for the better kongregate addon.

Flag Post

So, I’m curious if it’s just me, but does anyone else have any issues with Better Kong since the updates to Kong went through? For the past 4 or 5 days, however long ago since they implemented the changes, I couldn’t see any chat messages, whether it be PM or otherwise. It just dawned on me to look to Better Kong and so I disabled it and suddenly I could see messages again. Anyone know if it’s just a certain option in Better Kong or is it just Better Kong in general? Anyone else experiencing / experienced this? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.