Forums Kongregate

[Suggestion] My suggestion that could stop spammers

14 posts

Flag Post

Well, heres an idea. What about a report button that would tell moderators about an abusive user? Most sites have it, so you know it is effective. For example, if you clicked the “report” button, there would be a message in a special “moderator only” chat room. . The mod could then look at the recent (not the full) chat log of that player and decide what action shall be taken.
I have made a (rubbish) draft of what it would look like, here:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg19/danstrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz/report-1.jpg

EDIT: Yet another update to it!
________________________________________________________________________________
Please take this idea into consideration!
Danhazzer.

Flag Post

#THAT WAS HORRIBLE….for a Vice Prez you sure make crappy edits

Flag Post

Like i said, it was a crappy draft.

Flag Post

#i know#

Flag Post

could be good if you join elements with this guy’s idea

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/5284

there does need to be a better way to inform mods other than just running from room to room looking for one.

Flag Post

This is pretty much the same thing as standard reporting and pretty much a duplicate of the basic principle of the suggestion that was posted yesterday. The difference is, this suggestion only has one element that doesn’t make it practical. Reporting systems are not a novel idea, so its something thats been thought of over and over; its the details of how exactly to work out of report system that are needed to make it practical.

Additionally, reporting a user in this manner doesn’t really work out, since you can do it for any reason. Reporting by clicking on a message is more practical, since this would allow a moderator to see the reasons for the report.

There is a thread with a more fleshed out version of the idea here.

Flag Post

kk ill edit it a bit then lets see what will be ok.

Flag Post

Done. Tell me what you think of it now please :)

Flag Post

hey hazzer, the picture’s better now, as is the idea but i think if you want them to take notice you need to think through the entire system not just the basic idea.

Flag Post

My ideas for future user moderation (still in an early conceptual phase) would also address this: http://www.geocities.com/gregloire/FutureUserModeration.doc

Flag Post

Editing the picture doesn’t really change much.

the mod could then look at the recent chat log of that player

Mods don’t look through chat logs.

I suggest you comment on Greg’s plan here or comment on the thread that was made yesterday here. Trying to create an almost duplicate spin off idea with less substance doesn’t get us anywhere. If your add you ideas to the ones already in place, then we’d probably get further.

Flag Post

It would show them a temporary chat log of what’s been said.

Flag Post

I can’t really believe we dont have that… Full support. =D

Flag Post

I can’t really believe we dont have that

You’re on a BETA site ;)