Forums Kongregate

Next challenge feedback!

22 posts

Flag Post

It’s not 100% finalized yet, but it’s looking like tomorrow’s challenge will be in Luminara, Madness Reaction Time and Line Game. Leave some suggestions and numbers for what you think the challenge should be!

Flag Post

Are you basing the Line Game on total time? If so, I got about 3000 with mouse, and the majority of people got around 5000 seconds, so I suggest 4000-3000 seconds because challenges aren’t meant to be too easy.

Flag Post

First reaction: YAY!!!!!!! I’ll get back toyou on the feedback. =)

Flag Post

Can’t say anything bout’ the Line Game though,because…more specific please?

Card Challenge

Luminara:300,000 points.

MRT:-Later-

Points Challenge

Luminaria:600,000 points.(Only completeble via losing no lives or by dumb luck)

MRT:-Later-

Flag Post

Wow, Line Game is really good, I hadn’t played it before. I’m guessing a total time target would be good for that one, because that means you have to complete all the courses. I’ll have to finish the game before I suggest a score.

Flag Post

What I liked about the previous challenges was that none of the games had unchangeable QWERTY controls (with W,A,S and D to move). Luminara will be a problem for foreign users like me. It should be taken into account.

Flag Post

To Malmoth:You can also use the arrow keys.

Flag Post

Thank you Silicas. I hadn’t noticed that. It should be fine then. I apologize for my useless remark.

Flag Post

Not a useless remark at all. While not applicable in this situation, it’s a fact that I think many web developers tend to ignore. So, perhaps not useful in this forum, but I do think it’s important info. And I don’t like the arrow keys as much anyway – tends to cramp my hands together.

Also, just for ease of navigation (and is the search block having problems? I could get it to find anything…), the games are:

I’ll make some score suggestions later, but right now I need to go to work. :-)

Flag Post

Luminara: I think 300k is a little too low for luminara. 2nd time I’ve played it (first time was when it first was uploaded), I got ~370k, losing 3 lives due to the arcing lasers. I’m sure people would be able to get 400k even on their second go when they realise what the enemies can do. Perhaps 450k for the card?

The line game: completion for the points (or 1000 seconds?). From the high scores, only the creator has done all eight levels, though I’m not convinced by the system – I think it records the number of levels you have done, not the number of different levels i.e. 8 could mean doing level A 8 times. I’m recorded as having done 8 levels, but I have still got c,e and g to do. For the card, completion of 6 of 8 levels (75%), so 2-3ks (killerseconds :P)

Madness Reaction Time: best human reaction time is 0.125s I think. Doing that consistently would be impossible unless on an extremely unhealthy dose of caffeine, so getting up to the last level where more than 0.2s is required for the points. 0.3 for the card. Haven’t got there myself, but do those level numbers times 1500, so no false starts

Flag Post

Line Game :
I can’t beat all 8 levels in Line Game. I have only beaten 3 of them so far. :(
Electric Bar seem to be a bit easier than Line Game. Because my people can beat it. (But have the bad score,though)

And Line Game has a BIG problem : You have to finish all the stage in row, or all the best will reset to 999 on next play. :-(

(Haven’t got ideas yet.)

Madness Reaction Time :
My best time in MRT is 1.78. And I think it should add a “Fastest reaction” rank list. :-)

Card : 0.25 sec
Point : 0.2 sec

By the way,I found a bug that would make the challenge unfair. So I send the bug report to the author.

Luminara :
I haven’t beat it because my PC said that the CPU temperature is too high when playing this game! >_<

(No suggestion)

Flag Post

Madness Reaction Time : My best time in MRT is 1.78. And I think it should add a “Fastest reaction” rank list. :-)

Card : 0.25 sec Point : 0.2 sec

By the way,I found a bug that would make the challenge unfair. So I send the bug report to the author.

I doubt you can do just fastest reaction. There’s nothing to stop people from hammering their mouse button and ignoring points (especially the first level)

Flag Post

Re: Line Game.

I just got a total time of 161.1, without replaying any for a better time. However, it would be hard I think to shave much off this time. Also, maybe the target for the card could be much higher, ie around 1160. This gives a player leeway to skip one of the courses, level e for example took me quite a few tries to complete. Also, Everybody Panic has updated the game to save course times, which means players wont have to do it all in one sitting.

Flag Post

Thanks guys, any more suggestions / changes / bug reports are welcome, and I will act on them asap.

I recommend using the Mouse Mode – Total Time, and having a target of about 1500 for the card, basically meaning they must complete 7 out of the 8 levels, and about 150 for the points – complete all levels in a very good time.

You have to finish all the stage in row, or all the best will reset to 999 on next play. :-(

I have now updated the game so that your personal best times are saved – you dont have to do it all in one sitting.

From the high scores, only the creator has done all eight levels, though I’m not convinced by the system – I think it records the number of levels you have done, not the number of different levels i.e. 8 could mean doing level A 8 times.

Correct, they are not strictly speaking a proper highscore – only a tally of how many times you have hit the green finish.

Flag Post

Query: What is the total time for completing all the levels of the line game with ‘high scores’?

Some of the high scores just seem insane, such as level ‘a’. I was a whole second off it, and I thought I went as fast as possible. I’ve only managed to do h’s high score, and am finding e impossible. Also, would it be possible to add something in to adjust the mouse’s sensitivity?

Flag Post

Query: What is the total time for completing all the levels of the line game with ‘high scores’?

In mouse mode, a total time of around 150-200 seconds is a good time, which can be acheived with a bit of work.

To get onto our own highscore lists (not the kongregate ones, all of your stats are automatically submitted to and managed by Kongregate) you must get into the top 50 for that level for today, and we are aware some scores do seem a little too good, but we dont know of any cheats / bugs atm.

Flag Post

Change of plans, everyone! Disregard this topic — Line Game and Madness Reaction Time, due to technical difficulties, will NOT be in today’s challenge.

The primary reason for this is the fact that “min” values are not currently supported in our challenge system. In other words, we can’t get our challenge system to recognize lower values actually being better in terms of faster times.

My apologies to everyone for the confusion, especially EverybodyPanic here. You implemented the APIs correctly and we’d love to do a Line Game challenge in the future, but we just can’t quite yet. Sorry again!

Flag Post

No problem greg, thanks for the kind apology!

Flag Post

So,we’ll have only Luminara today?

Flag Post

I think the challenge this week was a lot easier compared to last week. Last week we had rotazion’s score which took a few tries, same goes for Particles. This week both games were easily completed in one try each. I think the card challenge was spot on, but the points challenges should be harder, something that takes most of the week.

Flag Post

What I like in new challenges is that you got to play different games.
Thanks Kongregate, I’m having real fun! =)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator