Forums Kongregate

Card game/challenge idea

6 posts

Flag Post

This may not be a popul;ar suggestion, but as things are going now, people will virtually have the same decks for the card games. Maybe next challenge if like the top 500 scores on challenge got a card or top __ people would be good because then there would be variety in decks. tell me what you think

Flag Post

From what I understand, people having mostly the same cards is no big deal. It doesn’t leave a lot of room for metagaming in the sense of deck construction, this is true. However, from what I’ve read of Sirlin’s comments and just general hunches say the game wont focus on metagaming and deck construction but instead yomi — anticipation of the opponent’s next action and unequal risks/rewards in what cards you play and when.

Erm, but then who am I to say? Just what I picked up on from the general comments on the game and the fact it’s being made by David Sirlin, heh.

Flag Post

pictish: that’s a very accurate assessment of the game. You have read the runes correctly…

Flag Post

I’d just like to add that each card has a ton of stats that we’re not even showing yet, and each card grants the player several options regarding how to use it. You only get to bring a few cards into each game, and the cards are designed so that they’re all roughly equal in power, even if their strengths and weaknesses differ greatly.

Flag Post

Depending on how many cards are already ready, would it be possible to put out a number of cards for each challenge (maybe 3 or 4) and completing the challenge earns you a random one of those cards? After a while the cards could be reused so people can get the cards they missed, or get more of the same card for trading, or even have long running challenges set up for those individual cards. Just a few suggestions.

Also, are these cards being directed in general at long term members and players, or long term members and players with a certain level of playing skill? Just wondering how many people the cards are being aimed at

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator