Forums Kongregate

New (mini) Kongregate Version: CR 2009.09.23

51 posts

Flag Post

So, this really isn’t a full version release like we usually have, but we had a number of bug fixes that we didn’t want to have to wait on so we went ahead and pulled together this collection of tweaks. Most notable are the moved threads in the game forums and hopefully fixing up a bug that was causing some issues with stat submissions (especially in Frantic 2 – big thanks for PolymerRabbit for working with us and helping debug the problem!). Oh, and mods can now post in non-featured game forums. They’re so picky!

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

Flag Post

CR 2009.09.24

Developers:

- Fixed the upload help text to now correctly show the game size limit as 800 pixels wide, not 700.

Users:

- Moved all the game-specific threads that we could find from the main forums to their respective game forum. The winner was Kongai with about 650 threads, with Platform Racing 2 in second at 450 threads, and Sonny 2 pulling up third with about 200 threads.

- Ran a script to properly count all of the threads and posts in the game forums, so the counts should be accurate at this point.

- Fixed a bug that was causing issues with the rewards page either giving an error or having mixed up badges.

- Changed our credit card form to accept cards that expire more than 4 years from now.

- Fixed a bug that was preventing some stats in some games (including Frantic 2 and Storm The House 3) from submitting.

- Moderators can now post in non-featured game forums. Sorry ’bout that! :)

- Fixed a few more security issues.

- Patched up a bug that was causing game referrals and social share links to have the wrong name in them.

- Fixed the styling on the page links in collabs comments.

- Added protection to keep long strings of characters from overrunning the forum posts on game pages.

- Prevented an occasional issue that would show a negative number for a “best so far” in some scores.

- Fixed a small bug that was creating extra stat submissions in some cases. This will hopefully help our servers and speed up response time on stat submissions on the user end.

- Corrected the “How Do I Earn Points” link on the home page so it now goes where it should.

- OCD Fix: Updated the text on the Contact Us page so that it refers to a green plug instead of a green light.

Flag Post

Woo~ Updates! ♥

Flag Post

I love you, man. LOVE. ♥

Flag Post

GREAT! I (L) Updates :D

Flag Post

- Moderators can now post in non-featured game forums. Sorry ’bout that! :)

<3

It’s a small update, but great nonetheless

Flag Post

Please fix gemcraft chapter 0

its never loaded, NEVER for me.. all the other games are fine

Flag Post
Originally posted by Markyyy:

Please fix gemcraft chapter 0

its never loaded, NEVER for me.. all the other games are fine

Kongregate DOES NOT have any control about the games (exept they resize it sometimes)!

Flag Post

oh, damn :(

Flag Post

Will there come a new game for kongregate(like Kongai) or a new developer tutorial in later updates?

Flag Post

Awesome! :)

Flag Post

Cool update. ♥

Flag Post

Fantastic! Nice update.

Flag Post

OCD Fix: Updated the text on the Contact Us page so that it refers to a green plug instead of a green light.

I told you about that one. ;)

Flag Post

Woooo updates ♥♥♥

Flag Post

I’ve had 2 games w/ bugs since the update.

Wooden Path crashed a couple times.
Music Catch 2 tells me there’s a sound conflict w/ flash and won’t play.

I think the game forum posts 2 versions ago was better.

Love the site – but this latest patch shoulda waited

Flag Post

That’s great, now if only I was a moderator : P.

Flag Post

Music Catch 2 tells me there’s a sound conflict w/ flash and won’t play.

Your fault. Close every open video, music, etc

Wooden Path crashed a couple times.

Your computer’s/browser’s or game’s fault.

Flag Post

Nice, mini Update.

Flag Post

Me sorta like the updates.

Flag Post

Mhm. Because every problem someone else expeirences that you don’t is automatically their fault.

See above.
(they probably are both your “fault”, but…you know)

Also, OCD fixes :)

Flag Post

Actually, this happened to me when I had no tabs or windows up(except FF). You just have to keep refreshing the page. If that doesn’t work, keep going to the games page and try again.

Flag Post

Mhm. Because every problem someone else expeirences that you don’t is automatically their fault.

Their?

computer’s/browser’s or game’s fault.

computer’s browser’s game’s

computer browser game

I don’t see the word “your” in that sentence you quoted.

Flag Post

I don’t see the word “your” in that sentence you quoted.

Say what?!

Also note your last quote is completely differnet from what’s above. You fail.
We start with “computer’s/browser’s or game’s fault” and end up with “computer browser game”
I mean, i c wat u did thar, but where’d the plurals go? (and the forward slash? What’s up with that?)

Flag Post

Say what?!

Hm?

Was an answer to:

Which doesn’t says it was his fault, but something on his computer OR a fault from the game.
You need to learn how to read properly.

We start with “computer’s/browser’s or game’s fault” and end up with “computer browser game”
I mean, i c wat u did thar, but where’d the plurals go? (and the forward slash? What’s up with that?)

Plural? I was just focusing on the words that said it wasn’t his fault, but something on his computer OR a fault from the game.