Forums Kongregate

Forum Idea

27 posts

Flag Post

what if we get some points when we post then it would be a fast level up

Flag Post

it would create mountains and mountains of spam. It is preferable to have people post when they have something they want to say instead of having them post because they want the points involved.

Flag Post

AC is correct.

=]

Flag Post

I think we should have points for posting. I don’t play any more games on kongregate so I’m not earning any points. If kongregate did have a point for every time you post or people should have a choice of exchanging their number posts to points. For example: If someone had 200 posts, they could exchange 100 number points or something like that.

Flag Post

You couldn’t just exchange posts for points, because that would involve actually deleting the posts (the current system tallies the number of non deleted posts you have) and randomly deleting 200 posts to give somebody 100 points is a bad idea. Plus, that would encourage spam (clearly Da1King wants to do that, he only has 5 posts, and one of them is about getting fast points by posting for points), ruin our fairly decent forums, and give people easy level ups. PLAY GAMES FOR POINTS!

Flag Post

I think we should have points for posting. I don’t play any more games on kongregate so I’m not earning any points.

Considering this site is for gaming with a big dash of socializing, and not just for socializing, why would you reward some for not fulfilling the websites main prerogative. besides….

If kongregate did have a point for every time you post or people should have a choice of exchanging their number posts to points. For example: If someone had 200 posts, they could exchange 100 number points or something like that.

My anwser

it would create mountains and mountains of spam. It is preferable to have people post when they have something they want to say instead of having them post because they want the points involved.

Flag Post

The only way points would work is if there was some restriction or qualification on the rewards. For example, you could get points only after so many people rate your post as great. It would still be difficult to balance and may encourage spamming, unless there were negative results involved. Without it, there would definitely be too much spamming as AC pointed out.

Flag Post

For example, you could get points only after so many people rate your post as great.

ugh that just paves the way for digg style comment systems, and I really don’t like that.

Flag Post

And of course, there is the problem where mods and people posting popular opinions would get extremely highly rated posts, while people who are not mods, post well thought out but controversial, overtly long, blunt, and maybe even slightly rude posts don’t get any.

That second part wasn’t about me. >.>

Flag Post

Not all mod postings are popular. Mods often face more prejudice than normal users due to grudges, jealousy and other disagreements.

Flag Post

people posting popular opinions would get extremely highly rated posts

Mob Law

Not all mod postings are popular. Mods often face more prejudice than normal users due to grudges, jealousy and other disagreements.

sounds like the words of a man whos been there.

Flag Post

Yeah, trolls and their alts just love me :)

Flag Post

True. It depends on the site, really. Arcanecoder takes a lot of flak on Kongregate, but if you were on, say, Runescape, then if you were a Mod people would practically be throwing money at you. And of course everybody loves Greg.

Flag Post

please don’t turn this into a discussion about mods ><

Flag Post

It seemed relevant.

Flag Post

walford – if you wants points, play some games, i dont understand how you could want points, yet not play games?

ehh spam in for teh loss, mods do have it harder, even though i’m not one.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t even risk any of it. The person could just post a ton of times and get a few friends to come rate it high or somethin. And anyways, how many people are gonna actually rate a post? I think the forums are fine how they are, and points on a gaming website are not the biggest thing in the world, but talking with friends and other people means something. I wouldn’t even wanna take a chance at ruining that with trying to mix points and the forums. Good idea, but concequences could be a severe blow to this fabulous website.

Flag Post

I don’t see what the problem is if there was a zero-tolerance or three strikes or something small like that system in place. You gain 1/2 or a smaller fraction thereof of a point per post; however, if the mods ever have to delete your posts or lock a thread you started, you get a black mark. Get either one or enough of these, and you will never gain points from forum posts again, possibly subject to appeal for good behavior. Irritate the mods enough about your appeals and you won’t be able to appeal any more.

Flag Post

i wouldn’t want it in place, but an idea supposing it would be to stop spamming.

Have the minimum for cash-in like 250 or so.

Flag Post

I will have an idea: After posting, you have 1-2 minute delay after you can post again. After posting, you will get 1 point. That should make it…

Flag Post

1 point? Too easy. You could post 60 times for a impossible badge…but according to you, Juze, that’ll take an hour…

Flag Post

arcaneCoder’s idea is the best but only those who are level 5 or above can vote stuff. I think it’s reasonable enough.

Flag Post

Well, if the delay would be 2 minutes, then it would take 2 hours.

Flag Post

if it was 3 minutes it would take 3 hours! omg I’m a maths genius =0. I don’t like the idea by the way, as it would lead to spam as other people have said, no matter if you put any time restriction on the posts. Rating posts → alts rating posts. I can’t see a way for it to work that wouldn’t be abused.

Flag Post

I think the forums need like a live updater of posts so you dont have to refresh to see if new people have posted