Forums Kongregate

Challenge Names Puns?

19 posts

Flag Post

Alright,this is a wierd one.What the heck’s the pun for the challenge ‘Diablo Training’?I mean…

Story Time – Pun of ‘Story Mode’ in the game.

More Clicking – Pun on ‘Clicking’

Vicious Attacks – Pun on the amount of damage caused,about 1/4.

Relentless Attacks – Pun on repeating attacks

I will Survive – Pun on Survival Mode

Challenge Challenge – Pun on the Challenge Mode being a Challenge.

Bad Guys Too – Pun on the two bad guys you get in the shop.

So,what’s the pun on the Diablo thing?It’s probably gonna kill me if you people didn’t select a pun in it,which is bad.

Flag Post

Those aren’t exactly puns…

But perhaps Diablo Training refers to this

Flag Post

I think it refers to Diablo’s mindless clicking nature.
You don’t really do much besides clicking on baddies.

Flag Post

Yes, that sounds like a more likely connection.

Flag Post

dosent that mean something about a fighting chicken??

Flag Post

I think it refers to Diablo’s mindless clicking nature. You don’t really do much besides clicking on baddies.

Yeah, that’s what I was going for. Last week was pretty record-breaking in how many culture references I slipped into the challenge task names, but I restrained myself a bit more this week.

Last week’s “Stayin’ Alive” was meant to reference the song, “Boom! Headshot” was a reference to the Counter-Strike thing and Pure Pwnage fad, and “One Shot, One Kill” was a reference to the night elf archers from Warcraft 3 (who, by the way, took WAY more than one shot to kill ANYTHING).

So this week’s Diablo Training and “I Will Survive” weren’t so bad, were they?

Flag Post

Lol – I thought Diablo Training was pretty obvious, personally. But then again, I played a lot of Diablo and Diablo II. Redsnake – are you talking about Diablo the Chicken from the cartoon Goats?? That’s an awesome webcomic! Though he didn’t really fight much…

Flag Post

So can we make this the official ‘Refrence/Pun’ spotting thread?

Flag Post

I liked the diablo reference lol.

Flag Post

To Greg: Eh,don’t stop with the puns/refrences.I kinda like them.

Flag Post

Yeah, I liked the Diablo thing. Reminds me of a joke on 1up yours. “Yeah, Diablo’s gameplay is called Windows Desktop.”

Flag Post

…Has Greg been watching A Bug’s Life, asking a ninja and watching Terminator again?

Flag Post

He was pondering the names for the challenge when I suggested Bug’s Life, and Mario suggested Axe A Ninja.

/truestory

Flag Post

He was pondering the names for the challenge when I suggested Bug’s Life, and Mario suggested Axe A Ninja. /truestory

This is indeed true. It was 1:00 a.m. and I was very tired.

Flag Post

So,were you gonna wish us bad luck?Darn it!That’s why I can’t win that challenge!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Puns “N” Guns. Fast are ever lasting.

Flag Post

http://prntscr.com/50dmke just see this

Flag Post