Forums Kongregate

Abusive mods? (locked)

17 posts

Flag Post

Has anyone else had a problem with the mod “Crushproof”? It seems most of my encounters with him have been abusive and condescending, and not just directed at me. I’ve seen many random users be bullied and threatened by him, and I’ve finally grown tired of watching it.

You can go to http://www.kongregate.com/feedbacks/new?type=GameSuggestion and choose “Abusive user” to send your complaint directly to Kongregate, or post your opinion here.

Flag Post

I’m fine with this thread, but if you have a problem with a moderator on Kongregate, the absolute best thing to do would be to email me at greg@kongregate.com with the room name and the TIME (PDT) that the behavior occurred. I’m far more comfortable making decisions based on chat history than accusations, regardless of whether they might hold merit.

Flag Post

He was told that..and my input for what its worth, is public bashing on a forum is not appropriate.

Flag Post

Thanks Greg. I really enjoy the community that is developing here, and my concern is that over-zealous moderation will diminish that feeling. My only reason for posting this was to find out if I was the only one that has this problem with this particular mod. If that’s the case, I’ll just put him back on my mute list, and move on.

Flag Post

Yeah,to all mods who have witnessed/one of those involved in the incident,discuss it @ the secret mod forums.Not here,it’s too public.

Flag Post

Hmm… Checked your e-mail yet?

Flag Post

That was a misunderstanding and you know it.

Flag Post

Ahh, so that’s the incident. Don’t worry about Crushproof. Just e-mail Greg’s spammy e-mail.

Flag Post

So I was just inexplicably banned (from The Lair at 7:15PM CST) for mere MENTION of this (http://kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/13?page=14&window_size=10) thread. When asked to drop it, I did.

When told that a formal complaint by a user (who is also moderator named koko) was brought up against me, I asked why and was told “this is your last warning” (once again, by koko) and then when I asked how I could go about making my own complaint, I was given an administrator email address and banned.

I do not know know by who or why.

At no time did I violate the TOS or go against anything in the Behaviour Guidelines. There was no verbal abuse, profanity, etc. The only violation I can see is that a moderator did not like a particular viewpoint of mine and instead of handling professionally, chose to act exceedingly heavy-handed.

To Powers That Be:
Please do not let Kongregate turn into one of those “communities” where elitism is rampant and there is a constant battle by moderators over users for complete superiority. That’s no fun and depressing.

Flag Post

I saw the chat log after the incident and you were banned for 1 hour for what I imagine is harassment. 1 hour is not a big deal, its basically nothing more than a stronger warning to take a break and chill out.

The chat log has been posted in the moderator forums for discussion. If there was any injustice then it will be dealt with. Seeing how that went, I can say that’s very unlikely.

I suggest you be more respectful and considerate of other users of this site. Your ban was not do to an ‘elitist’ attitude on the part of koko or cmurda, or an attempt to show themselves superior; it was due to your own constant actions and your failure to heed many warnings to drop the harassment. To insinuate that elitism is the case is ignorant. Its also insulting towards these users who have worked hard to keep this site pleasant and who are well liked in this community.

Flag Post

I’m unclear as to what (if anything) I said could be misconstrued as “harassment”.

Since you’ve stated you have the logs, please show me at least one example.

AT NO TIME, was I verbally abusive towards any user. AT NO TIME did I use profanity. Clearly, my only violation was disagreeing with a moderator.

I see nothing in the TOS or BG that says “moderators are infallible. their will is law.” Until such time, I WILL question their motives and report their abuse (as this so obviously was).

It amuses me that one of the founders of the site has posted a reply to my original suggestions, agreeing with me on several points. Rather than immediately blast me, she took the time to actually read what I said. Thanks Emily.

Flag Post

I’m unclear as to what (if anything) I said could be misconstrued as “harassment”.

You are an intelligent person, please examine your own actions.

I see nothing in the TOS or BG that says “moderators are infallible. their will is law.” Until such time, I WILL question their motives and report their abuse (as this so obviously was).

No one is claiming that. But it certainly wasnt abuse.

It amuses me that one of the founders of the site has posted a reply to my original suggestions, agreeing with me on several points. Rather than immediately blast me, she took the time to actually read what I said. Thanks Emily.

In case you forgot, I agreed with you more than once on the same points Emily agreed on (FYI I know emily personally) but I guess you didnt notice that. I just happened to agree with Koko that a positive attitude is needed. No one ‘blasted’ you. It was you who continued to drag the issue out and make a mountain out of a molehill. All you seemed to be able to focus on was that someone didnt like your attitude so much, or agree with you. If anything, your action have embodied exactly what it is you are complaining about.

If you are truly 31 years old then I suggest you act like an adult and deal with the situation a little different. Koko had no grudge against you, she simply asked you to drop it and stop ruining her experience as a user. I dont understand why you have to continue with this like some horrible injustice is going on? Its absurd. These users contributions to this community have been immeasurable, but so far yours has been filled with complaining and insinuations of dirty behavior on the part of Kongregate. Act like a grown up and leave it be. Move on. Its such a horribly minor thing to complain about, particularly to start a vendetta over.

This is getting so silly I’m almost starting to laugh over it.

Flag Post

you addressed everything I said EXCEPT the part where I asked you to show me an example of said “harassment”.

Kudos.

Flag Post

And actually, koko banned me. Thereby substantiating everything I said.

Cheers.

Flag Post

bq. you addressed everything I said EXCEPT the part where I asked you to show me an example of said “harassment”.

I dont owe you an explanation. I am not your mother, and I didnt ban you. I told you to examine your own actions. You need to learn it yourself otherwise your are just going to make more people upset at you. I’m merely responding to your comments, even though I dont have to.

Additionally, you addressed pretty much nothing I just said. You just responded in a ‘smart-alec’ manner once again.

bq. And actually, koko banned me. Thereby substantiating everything I said.

Actually, cmurda and koko banned you at the same time. Regardless, it substantiates nothing.

Flag Post

I think you should examine your own. You’ve taken this personally and way too far. What a shame you don’t take your moderating responsibilities more seriously.

My tone is meant to be sarcastic at times. Thanks for letting me know that this is coming across correctly.

Then both koko and cmurda were in the wrong.

At no time have I been immature and I think it’s deplorable that you would pull the age card anyway.

I never asked you to be my mother, I only asked you for some sort of proof of this so-called “harassment”

It’s amusing that you stated “for what I imagine is harassment”. That exactly what it was. Pure imagination. And not the fun Willy Wonka kind.

I’ve sent an email to Greg with the details and have had corespondence with Emily. Why don’t you just let cooler heads prevail and let it be handled by others who are above your pay grade.

Flag Post

I think you should examine your own. You’ve taken this personally and way too far. What a shame you don’t take your moderating responsibilities more seriously.

Thats a silly comment. How can I take it personally? I didnt do anything :D. In fact I take my moderating responsibilities very seriously. Such a comment is insulting and ignorant. Its consistent with the jabs you are taking, however.

I’ve tried to reason with you but all you do is come back with insults, so I’m done.

FYI I’m part of the original staff that helped put this site together, so please dont insult me with comments about my ‘pay grade’. I’ve tried to contribute a lot to Kongregate, and your treatment is uncalled for.