Forums Kongregate

Point-Level relation

19 posts

Flag Post

I was just wondering what is the relationship (on Kong) of points and levels. I mean to say is there any mathematical formula that you can use to calculate how many points are needed for a certain level? Thanks.

Flag Post

Yeah, um, let me find Zantier’s thread…

In the mean time, I made this cool calculator for it =D:

http://kongreguide.com/levelCalculator.html

Edit: Sorry, I can’t find his thread (I tried!) =(

Flag Post

Here’s the link ;)

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/4523

Read both pages.

Flag Post

Yeah that calculator is pretty cool. Is it based off of Zantier’s work?

Flag Post

This calculating thing is ridiculous.

It would be much better if kongregate just fixed this with a simple formula.

This limit of 64… Man, why???

Please, Kongregate, fix it. Even if the change implies in reestabilishing levels to a new formula, no problem, because it would affect everybody proportionaly.

I don’t see why people waste their time inventing formulas.

Flag Post

Aw.. that sucks theres actually a max level.

Flag Post

You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Only two people on the site got to level 64, and the nearest user to get there is level 58. I’ve been in this site since June 2007, I’m a normal user (with normal user I mean: I rate games, get badges, only four referrals, and I have a life like going to school and doing homework) and it took me that long to get to 28.

Xuxu, you are on Level 1, so I don’t see you are getting capped anytime soon. What’s the real problem with the level limit? Capping at 100 would only affect two people. Even making the level limit 999 it would affect two people.

Flag Post

Only two people on the site got to level 64, and the nearest user to get there is level 58. I’ve been in this site since June 2007, I’m a normal user (with normal user I mean: I rate games, get badges, only four referrals, and I have a life like going to school and doing homework) and it took me that long to get to 28.

Haha… I’ve been here since late May… but I never rated games in the beginning! I missed a fast, easy chance to get a bunch of points when rated got you 5 points!

Flag Post

Yes :(

When I joined, voting games was still worth 5 points. Two weeks later they changed it. And I was busy all week getting points challenge, (usually 60 points) when voting 12 games would make it… sigh. Voting 60 games doesn’t sound that sweet now.

Flag Post

your level calculator is wrong on upper levels. at level 30, the formula changes as to how hard it is to level up… it becomes increasingly harder. it is no longer +10 the previous amount of points. i’m working out a complete list, but i’m still missing some in the 50s. I have everything from 1-48, and then 53-59 and 64.

Flag Post

Is there a specific formula for level 30 and up?

Flag Post

Kongreguide = ExtremePopcorn

My calculator is not wrong.

Because it isn’t mine.

Flag Post

I think he was talking to me.

Flag Post

Ahh, ehmm… when I clicked on this topic you still were writing your post.

Flag Post

A constant refresher is a happy poster.

Flag Post

A busy worker is a happy worker!

Flag Post

Aw.. that sucks theres actually a max level.

You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

I think the max level should be 128 (Though JIG would probably reach that), Eventually more and more people will be higherer levels. Maybe if anyone else reaches level 64 they could do that.

Haha… I’ve been here since late May… but I never rated games in the beginning! I missed a fast, easy chance to get a bunch of points when rated got you 5 points!

Eventually people might regret not voting back when voting got you points!

Flag Post

They aren’t losing anything. When the level gets capped to, let’s say, 128, JG and OML will level up what they didn’t when they were capped. So we would have level 80s in no time.

Flag Post

there is a new specific pattern from 31-50. after that, i’m still trying to figure it out. because it changes again. 1-30 is +10 from the level before. 31-35 is +15. 36-40 is +20. 41-45 is +25. 46-50 is +30. so it’s still a pattern, just a new one.

edit: also, Zantier’s thread is updated to reflect my data that I listed… before I posted in that thread, his information was wrong. So, yea…