Forums Kongregate

Thing-Thing 2 badge

30 posts

Flag Post

I don’t know if anyone else thinks this, but should the Thing-Thing 2 badge be a hard badge instead of a medium badge?

That is all. Discuss

Flag Post

yes

Flag Post

What?

I think Medium is fine for it. It’s a little tough for an easy badge, but far too easy to be Hard.

Flag Post

well ihate the thing thing series

Flag Post

The badge was easy in my opinion, but for the general group medium is fine.

Flag Post

Thing-Thing 3 was a pretty easy hard, and that’s far harder than Thing-Thing 2.

Flag Post

Hard? Just shoot and run.. it should be easy… but Medium is fine.

Flag Post

Yea its pretty simple just keep on shooting. Mediums good

Flag Post

Could have been an easy badge, but it takes to much of ur time, so it’s a medium

Flag Post

I think its easy..but if Greg wants to award 15 points instead Im ok with it.

Flag Post

Personally I agree with hard for the sole reason of the huge recoil. Then again, I suck at shooters so it’s probably just me.

Flag Post

This def. isn’t Hard, Medium is fitting — the shooting just takes some getting used to.

Flag Post

Medium for time taken.

Flag Post

Medium is fine. Are you just trying to get another 15 points? No deal. Medium is fine.

Flag Post

>Personally I agree with hard for the sole reason of the huge recoil. Then again, I suck at shooters so it’s probably just me.

It’s so not just you. While I agree that it should be a medium badge the glitches in the game and the recoil are driving me insane. When I aim at their head I do not wish to shoot behind me.

Flag Post

Compared to other ‘Hard’ badges (Balloon Invasion’s, Platform Racing, Rings Not Passed, and the 801 kills in Starfighter) it definitely classes as a medium badge. I just saved up the uberpistol bullets for the last boss.

The 90’ recoil on the machine gun is slightly daft, mind you.

Moochy, beating the system in a way that no-one cares.

Flag Post

I hate this badge… I tried, but I just can’t do it. I keep running out of ammo on the Pyramids level >_<.

Flag Post

It’s medium at most… the recoil makes a supposedly easy game a bit harder.

Flag Post

I haven’t done it yet… but here is what I think: If it is harder than the Thing-Thing 3 Hard Badge, make it a hard. If it is the same or easier than the TT3 Hard Badge, medium is fine.

Flag Post

I think the difficulty is about the same gameplay wise (just got both thing thing badges), However, I think the main thing that pushes Thing Thing 3 to a hard is finding that dang key-card (which I used a guide for, but those aren’t accounted for in badges). Aside from that, I died about the same amount of times (in TT2 it was mostly because of those dang jumps), but again I don’t know how hard finding the key card was =P

You could argue that in TT3 the enemies have guns, but you can run past them all (I think I got like 15 total kills, not to mention you have unlimited stamina), where as in TT2 you have to kill all the enemies =P

EDIT: On second thought TT2 kinda reminds of of Caravaner. If you can get past the re-coil, the rest of it is fairly easy, since you just fight tons of zombies.

Flag Post

However, I think the main thing that pushes Thing Thing 3 to a hard is finding that dang key-card

That was pathetically easy for me… anyways…

I actually find TT2 harder than TT3… I can get most medium badges… but I can’t get this (for now)

(EDIT: Got it! Took me a while… phew)

Flag Post

If your using shift while jumping you shouldn’t fall off..

Flag Post

The fact of that if you die on the boss….you don’t have to start form begining again(yh i am crap i know =P)….which is (in my eyes) the main reason for why its a medium. Plus its only the bosss, who has a GUN to shoot back at you.

Flag Post

However, I think the main thing that pushes Thing Thing 3 to a hard is finding that dang key-card (which I used a guide for, but those aren’t accounted for in badges).

Bingo. Hence the name/description of the badge.

Flag Post

The badge for Thing-Thing 2, I think, is perfect as a medium.

For those of you having trouble, the M10 Upgrade of the Submachine Gun (Secret Weapon of level three) is pretty neat for taking down grunts and the Desert Eagle is a prime weapon for bringing down the final boss. Of course, the best weapon is the super pistol. When you get it, you automatically swap to it, but you can swap to different weapons and save the rounds for later.