Forums Kongregate

should kong have music and video?

9 posts

Flag Post

answer the question. duh.

i think kongregae should as long as its reviewed by a mod/staff who feel up to it to make sure its suitible

Flag Post

*kongregate

Flag Post

you know you can edit posts by pressing edit post on your post?

i agree with the posters below me

kongregate = games

newgrounds = videos/music

Flag Post

This is a gaming site… I think it’s fine with only games… in fact, I think putting music and video would make the site messier.

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

I think you might be looking for Newgrounds?

Flag Post

I think you might be looking for Newgrounds?

If you’re a little lost, Newgrounds … I actually like Oldgrounds a lot better, though.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/57

Bleedingblade don’t take what everyone’s saying to harshly kong’s past is rich with troublesome folk who have made things difficult and some of our users aren’t going to respond so kindly. SInce we were trolled a lot, and it just kept coming.

From the Faq
(on the requirements for uploads)

First, it must be a game. Kongregate does not allow Flash movies, regardless of how great they might be. There has to be some level of interaction with the player.

Flag Post

A common difficulty companies can run into in business is not focusing on their core competancy (take Microsoft for example: core competancy is (or was) operating systems, yet they’ve spread themselves out and look at the result). Kongregate, as has been said previously, is a gaming site, and is very good at that. They have geared themselves to beat out the competition in that regard and have been doing very well. I wouldn’t have a problem if the staff wanted to spin off and start a music site and a videos site, but for now, especially while still in beta, it makes sense to focus on what they do best.