Forums Kongregate

Help Chat issues and Challege Issues

9 posts

Flag Post

So all week ive been playing the challege and it wont register that i have completed any of the tasks and also when im currently playing games there is no chat box. Any ideas anyone?

Flag Post

the chat error is probably because all the traffic this site has seen/getting. It got dugg a couple of times and brought new users. As for the completed tasks not giving you the cards/points take a screen shot of your highscore and send it to the staff. And they will reward you which ever one you achieved sorry about the trouble. You can also help the staff by reporting bugs via typing /bug Im not recieveing my points or cards in the chat box in the same session you played the game. Of course you have to have a chat box to do this. Hope this helps!! Cheers

Flag Post

uggh i usually play at work and i dont have a way to take a screen shot crap

Flag Post

To Yaq:Don’t worry,if you can’t access chat,use the ‘Feedback’ button on the top of the screen.

Edit:Whoa,same time posts.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/feedbacks/new?type=otherfeedback use that maybe mike aka damijin will be able to hook you up :)

Flag Post

If you’re playing from work there’s a good chance that the firewall set up by your network administrator is blocking chat. Usually places of business will block almost every port except for 80 (the web) and a few other important ones. Our chat operates on port 5222.

Have you ever been able to connect to chat while at work? If not then it’s probably the firewall issue, and since our challenges are updated through our chat system, that would be why everything is breaking on you.

If you HAVE been able to connect to chat in the past, but can’t now, then take a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen key on your keyboard, open up MS Paint, and press ctrl+v to paste it there. Save that picture and send it as an attachment to feedback@kongregate.com and we’ll see what might be happening.

Flag Post

Oh and I’ll manually award any challenges to your account if you take screenshots of your scores, if you can’t get chat working.

Flag Post

Is your flash player up to date?

Flag Post

Thanks for all the replies guys and yeah i’ve played online at work ever since i signed up my account and i have always been able to chat up until i believe it was last monday or whenever the new challege came around, so i dunno what to do about that. I’ll try signing on when i get home today and see how it acts there.

Thanks for the info on the screen shots