Forums Kongregate

What is this red/green dot for?

12 posts

Flag Post

Title.
I saw this red/green dot beside the highscore, help and bug report sign in the chat.
Can anybody explain this?
Screen shots: http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtffl9.jpg and http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtf2wq1.jpg

Flag Post

This was added to help debug challenge issues. It will show up in games that have implemented the statistics/challenges API implemented. When the dot is red it means that the game is not communicating with our servers yet, when it is yellow it means the connection is being established, and when it is green it means everything is functioning properly.

If you are doing a challenge and the dot is staying red, it likely means your progress is not being recorded and you should submit a report using the bug icon.

Flag Post

And the white box?

Flag Post

Sshh!!The White Box is for Mods only!(BenV,I think you should explain the white box in Mod Forums.)

Flag Post

I don’t think I have access to the mods forum! Anyway, the white box was added (mostly for myself) for moderators/admins, and it displays the latency to the server in milliseconds. This will prevent me from having to type “.” to see if chat is lagging ;) If it is bothering moderators by generally being ugly and out-of-place, I can make it an admin-only feature.

Flag Post

lol i like it makes me feel important =)

Flag Post

Cmurda hurry up and post something! else please!

Flag Post

like lol?

Flag Post

Phew! That was a cloooossse one! Lets just say that there are a few numbers that I don’t like to see. Like 13 and ….the one right before 70, and 666, and others… Some numbers scare me…I don’t know why but sometimes I think I can see numbers…or something its weird..

Flag Post

Hey Phatcat. Have you read or heard about the Revelation? That’s maybe why you are scared of 666, since that is the man who is going to destroy the world.

Flag Post

666 bullets? What about 555, and 444?…

Flag Post

Urm , I don’t think thread is necessory ? and besides , I don’t think its correct to say that people is stupid ? O_o