Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version with New Payment Methods (CR 2010.02.03)

60 posts

Flag Post

This new release may look like it only has a few features, but we’re very excited about the new possibilities that it opens up. We can now accept a whole range of payment methods for kreds. In addition to our previous methods of Paypal and credit cards, we have also integrated payments via SMS messages through Zong, Ultimate Game Card retail cards, and even OfferPal offers for free or highly discounted kreds.

Zong allows users who don’t have access to Paypal or credit cards to easily pay via mobile phone. We currently can accept phone payments from 26 different countries, and we hope the service will offer a lot of convenience for many of our users.

Ultimate Game Cards are prepaid cards that you can purchase at many US and Canadian retail stores, including Walmart, Blockbuster, and Gamestop. This is a great solution for players who don’t have credit cards but could go get a prepaid card from the mall. Prepaid debit cards have had problems on our site in the past, but Ultimate Game Cards will fix this problem entirely.

Finally, Offerpal provides both free and paid offers that can generate lots of kreds for trying out new products or filling out surveys. We picked Offerpal as it is one of the most trusted offer providers. I can personally vouch for the Gamefly offer for new US members: for under $9, you can get a month of Gamefly and about $25 worth of kreds. My kreds appears within a few minutes and Bayonetta is in the mail to my house as we speak. :)

We also fixed a bug with updating .swf’s for devs, and made it to that prohibited phrases in shouts/whispers don’t automatically clear the whole whisper.

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

Flag Post

CR 2010.02.03

Developers:

- Fixed a bug in which games were not updating to new versions. You still may need to clear a local cache, but the games should update properly now.

Users:

- If a shout or whisper on a profile page is rejected for containing prohibited text, it no longer clears itself, and instead allows you to edit the message and not have to retype the whole thing.

- We can now accept phone payments through Zong in 26 countries.

- We’ve added Ultimate Game Card payments, which you can go out to many local retailers to purchase. This is a great alternative to users who don’t have credit cards and for whom prepaid debit cards weren’t working on our site.

- We have support for Offerpal offers, allowing free and highly-discounted kred purchases. Additionally, you’ll be notified in chat, as well as through a profile whisper, of completed offers.

Flag Post

Cool update.

I might use this new Kred payment method someday.

Flag Post

- If a shout or whisper on a profile page is rejected for containing prohibited text, it no longer clears itself, and instead allows you to edit the message and not have to retype the whole thing.

THANK YOU.

And finally, I can actually be able to get kreds on my account without having to ask my mother or someone related >.>

Flag Post

Meh, you should accept cash.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

Meh, you should accept cash.

I know (hope?) you were joking, but Ultimate Game Cards actually let us accept cash, albeit through a third party. Take cash to Gamestop, buy a UGC, and then use it here. Voila! :)

Flag Post

Is there somehow a way to get revenue to your credit card instead of check/paypal?

Flag Post

Awesome. :D Especially since getting ultimate game cards are like a 10 minute drive for me.

Flag Post

Vegard20 – I’m afraid not. I’m not even sure how that would work – I don’t think you can generally pay to a credit card. Refunds are doable, but I don’t think people usually pay to credit cards. Sorry!

Flag Post

oh, uhm…I got a check from kong but the tax rate was so high that it would cost ME twice the money the check was worth to withdraw the money from the check to my bank account, so I didn’t do it, and it’s been more than 3 months since I got it, so what happens now?

Flag Post

Though it was already said by the Fuzzy-Lj….

“If a shout or whisper on a profile page is rejected for containing prohibited text, it no longer clears itself, and instead allows you to edit the message and not have to retype the whole thing.”

<3

It got to the point where I had to copy the entire shout/whisper before posting it, in fear I’d lose them like I used to. Pity that I’ve gotten used to taking this precaution by now.

Flag Post

Vegard – Email me using the Developer Support option on the Contact Us page. I can talk to you about options. But if the check was never cashed there are certainly ways we can credit it back to your account to be paid out later in a different method.

Cryptosporidian – Yeah, I used to do that too, haha. Fortunately it should be better now. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

oh, uhm…I got a check from kong but the tax rate was so high that it would cost ME twice the money the check was worth to withdraw the money from the check to my bank account, so I didn’t do it, and it’s been more than 3 months since I got it, so what happens now?

Paypal might be a better option for you than check, then. I’m not sure where you are but even if you can’t easily withdraw it to a bank account you’ll be able to use that money to pay for things online as if it were a credit card. Send an email to support@kongregate.com and we can see about canceling your check and switching your payment to paypal.

Flag Post

Um, this is what happens when I press FUND YOUR ACCOUNT on the kreds page:

Flag Post

I spotted your problem:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”

Flag Post

Why not try diagnosing your connection problems?

Or getting more information?

Or Firefox?

The second one is the real post, the other two are humor debris.

Flag Post

It’s not loading for me also- just shows the spinner.

Flag Post

Yup – looks like we threw something off. We’re fixing it up now, should be better shortly. Thanks for catching that, everyone!

EDIT: Make that “should be fixed now”. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

Why not try diagnosing your connection problems?

Or getting more information?

Or Firefox?

The second one is the real post, the other two are humor debris.

Clicking More info gives you things that could have caused it, and it could be caused by something that’s not in the list.

Clicking Diagnosing Connection Problems does not work on a popup screen like this.

And haha no other browsers. :P

Flag Post

Get one.

Flag Post

Bayonetta♥

Flag Post

Woot, now I can buy kreds through my phone :).

Flag Post

Can someone tell me why these surveys never work for me? :(

Flag Post

They tell you exactly what you must do to ensure they work when you scroll-over.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Yup – looks like we threw something off. We’re fixing it up now, should be better shortly. Thanks for catching that, everyone!

EDIT: Make that “should be fixed now”. :)

I can get to the Normal Kreds page, but i’m getting the “Cannot Display” error on the Offerpage, and the offer status page…