Forums Kongregate

Goodbye points challenges! How will we remember you?

26 posts

Flag Post

It’s likely (but not guaranteed) that this week’s points challenge will be the LAST ONE! So let us take a look back. Which ones did you like? Which ones did you hate? How difficult were certain ones? Were some too easy or too hard?

This, uh, may or may not have anything to do with achievements being launched next week…

Flag Post

this weeks challenge is hard >.>

Flag Post

The Circles of death challenge was arguably the toughest for me, and I think lots of people wh were at it for several days.

I’m a bit sad I no longer have a way of getting points short of rating games and making poor-quality flash games, but I guess only time will tell if it gets any better.

Flag Post

Achievements will actually award points in much greater quantity than points challenges, as there will be more of them and they won’t be time-limited. They’ll also award little badges in your profile — some with custom artwork from the developers.

Flag Post

To help refresh your memories, here are some of the past challenges:

Technicolor Migraine & Brainfreeze
Generic Defense Challenge
Kongregate vs. Newgrounds
Zombie Rave / Lights & Death
Circles of Life & Death
More Bloons
Four Second Mastery
P.O.D.

Flag Post

Four Second Mastery – Too hard. I couldn’t get the card.
More Baloons: Justice for Evil Balloons – Too hard. I put in a LOT of time but still couldn’t get the points.

Flag Post

Easily Circles was the hardest

Flag Post

PARTICLES I DISLIKE PARTICLES IT MADE ME CRAZY… but on a lighter not i did manage to get 240 seconds _

Flag Post

well I completed the last ever points challenge and will admit, it was satisfying =]

Although does this mean it’ll be harder to get cards? because, the points were always the challenging ones, will the cards be expected to live up to that?

Flag Post

I HATE j00 PARTICLES!

Rofl,that took me 27 hours :P.

Anyway,yeah…I’ll miss them,for I’ve done every of their challenge…wait,that means I can rule the Achievements ASAP

Flag Post

I love points challenges, I just hope that there are enough acheivements that I don’t run out of them in the first month. Challenges are good because there’s always new things to play.

Flag Post

Challenges will continue, and achievements will be continually added.

Flag Post

I liked the points challenges because i liked having to do more for challenges to get more…but anyways i thought that the DTD point challenge one was the hardest out of all of them followed by the points challenge for gamma bros(which were the only ones i didnt get the points for i think…)

Flag Post

Particles was by far the hardest, for me at least. But the point challenges were never that frustrating because I never really felt a need for them, so if one gave me trouble or if I just didn’t like the game, I’d just skip it. The card ones are the only ones I really felt like I should do even if I didn’t really like a game, but luckily, they weren’t too hard.

Flag Post

Particles will have a place in my hate list for the remaining days of my life thanks to that challenge…

Oh, and greg, will there be any sort of a list so you can see which achievements you already did and which you didn’t? Or they will only be seen if you enter the game?

Flag Post

P.O.D. is actually the only one I didn’t finish (since I joined). I joined when this challenge was already up and hadn’t had much time, so I barely got the card.

This challenge (lightsprites) is also irritating, but I already got 11k (4k to go….)

<edit>ok, this challenge is done</edit>

Flag Post

I never really did any of them. :O

Flag Post

Managed to do all but Particles (9 seconds off) and RotaZione (left it since I couldn’t do particles) for the circles of death, and this week’s lightsprites (210 points off as said in other thread).

Generic defense was just within my ability to do first time since the style of game is rather common (generic?), kongregate vs newgrounds just took time. Luminara took a few tries to get used to it, but the zombie headshots was pretty straightforward. More bloons took a long time (though I had completed it beforehand). Credit to ninjakiwi for that game, I kept playing until I completed it without the card/points incentive). Four second mastery also took a few goes to get used to the games, but was easy after that. P.O.D. was very, very hard. Completed it on my third go or so, then the challenge was made easier.

Didn’t like the challenges that required you to do repetitive stuff over and over again but getting steadily harder (such as Particles and Light Sprites) since you needed to be playing for quite some time to get the required time/points. I guess I’d have disliked zombie headshots and generic defense too if I had just failed to reach the number of points.

Liked four second mastery and kongregate vs newgrounds, mainly because they’re fast paced. I guess its just my taste in games, I found these two had good replay value, and the ones I didn’t like had low replay value once finished, and having to try again and again was, well…

Why are points challenges being dropped? Just because points are available elsewhere? I don’t know about others, but I think it’d be nice to have that extra incentive to play a game for a few points. They’d be achievements in all but name I guess, but if they are time limited then they’d be special achievements

Flag Post

Awww, I liked the points challenges, because I don’t have any way to make flash, and the only way for me to get points without that, is to rate games. Plus with the points challenges, it makes a more challenging experince for me and others, P. S. I completed the two challenges that have been here for when I joined.

Flag Post

Oh, and greg, will there be any sort of a list so you can see which achievements you already did and which you didn’t? Or they will only be seen if you enter the game?

All of the above. The interface is really slick — props to Theresa, our design person.

Flag Post

Tuesday.

Flag Post

Late Tuesday for us in California, so Wednesday for anybody to the East of us…which is almost everybody.

Flag Post

Damn, why did they have to build England to the East of California… where’s the sense in that?

Flag Post

I got Decal, Wing, Mount and Light Weapon on my 2nd gacha lol.

Flag Post

Nicely done . I got wing , decal , mount and 2 light weapons , and full set rare costumes in 1 box O_O , is this a bug ? Please clarify .