Forums Kongregate

Ads and Revenue system

18 posts

Flag Post

I added this game yesterday:
http://kongregate.com/games/LetsDesign/get-in-goal
and I have not seen it appear on my revenue system or show any plays or revenue.
Is there a problem? Is this system set up yet?

Flag Post

It may take few days to update the status. :-)

Flag Post

LetsDesign: we tend to lag behind in updating revenue numbers by several days as it is a manual, not automatic system right now. Blame Greg.

Flag Post

As is the case with almost everything in the world, it is indeed my fault. I’ll update it now, though!

Flag Post

Darn you, Greg ;)

Flag Post

Thank you, as I’m keen to add another game.

Flag Post

I am still not seeing an update on the ad revenue system. Will you take a look at it for me. Thanks.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t get too excited about the ad revenue anyway. It’s really just a small supplement to any other money you make from sponsorships, winning contests, running your own personal site with ads, etc.

Flag Post

facelesscoward is correct, though hopefully this will change as the site continues to grow.

Flag Post

<so does this mean it does not work currently? Is there no ad revenue? When should I expect the stats to show?

I know it might not be much, but all these little amounts add up and I like to know what I am been sold is what I am actually getting.

Flag Post

will the stats show up? Or is this system down?

Flag Post

Be patient. You wont receive a check for a little while yet anyway.

Flag Post

Manual Labor. Ugh! Go make an automatic system so developers get to see their “salary” faster!

Flag Post

it is true though. Why have a system that allows you to see yesterdays stats when the system does not update yesterdays stats. either the system should be updated to say that the stats do not update until a week afterwards or the system is brought more up to date with technology and shows real time stats.

Flag Post

Sadly, they aren’t robots…

Flag Post

I know, but it is a long time to wait, surely a technological solution can be found to make this better.?.

Flag Post

It’s not important. The wait may be slightly inconvenient, but it’s nothing to write home about. You don’t get money right after you upload a game, it takes a while, and the update does as well. And as for the last comment, yes. A solution can be found. And as has been said, it’s being worked on.

Flag Post

We want it to be automatic — I more than anyone! And yes, it is a bit silly that it defaults to displaying yesterday’s revenue when “yesterday” at any given point in time is likely not updated yet.

Unfortunately, the interface to add new revenue has been broken for a few days now, so it’ll need to be fixed before revenue can be updated. No data has been lost, though, and we’ll try to get it up as soon as we can.