Forums Kongregate

Better Kongregate for Opera

21 posts

Flag Post

Firefox users may know what Better Kongregate is. You may have heard of it, but you probably don’t know that you can have Better Kongregate functions on Opera.

1. What is Better Kongregate
Better Kongregate is addon for Firefox, created by putting together Greasemonkey scripts from www.userscripts.org

2. What does it do
Checkout Better Kongregate topic on Kongregate. New features of Better Kongregate as musicdemon (cheers!) is still adding scripts to it.

3. So… BK for Opera?
Well, Better Kongregate was only reason for me to use Firefox, and I have used it basically only for chatrooming on Kongregate. As it turns out, I didn’t have to. How? It’s really simple (at least for me). BK is based on Greasemonkey scripts. But did you know that Opera may use them? I didn’t. Not all of them, of course, but build-in User JavaScript engine may run them. It’s a bit more difficult then BK, but it works!

4. How to make it work?
4.1 First of all we must specify location for our scripts. Make a new folder where you want scripts to be located. For example: “c:\Program Files\Opera\jscripts”
4.2 Open Opera, and go to: “Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Content” and press “JavaScript Options”.
4.3 Here you will have “User JavaScript” field. Go on, press “Choose…” and point to your script folder from 4.1

5. Ok, nothing changed…
Now you have too add some scripts! I’ve packed some of them and added them to download.

Download my packed choice of userscripts

Download it, unpack it to your folder and restart Opera!

6. I want MOAR!
6.1 Go to: www.userscripts.org
6.2 Find some script
6.3 Download to script folder
6.4 Restart Opera

Flag Post

Cheers!

musicdemon – for making Better Kongregate
Ventero – for such a great work with scripting Kongregate
MrSpontaneous
Matthew Ammann
SwornPacifist
and any other Kongregate script writer from userscripts.org

Special thanks

PL Pulaski
PL Kościuszko

“Oh Saturn, come… devour me. Save in your Darkness I long to sleep. I’ll make my heart a sword of steel, I will not doubt, will never feel”

For Horiś :*

Flag Post

Does Opera have over 1% market share yet?

Flag Post

Actually, it’s currently sitting just over 2%.

Flag Post

Well I don’t use Opera, but nice job converting it…

Originally posted by Jabor:

Actually, it’s currently sitting just over 2%.

It’s almost caught up to Safari! :O

Flag Post

Or just upgrade to Opera 10.50 and install the latest version of my framework-script.
You’ll then be able to use all of my scripts without any changes (and yes, commands like /hl, /hluser etc. will save the settings, so no need to change the script’s source code just to highlight someone).

Flag Post

@Ventero – I had problems with /hl /hlcolor etc on Opera 10.50 with your framework-script. It was working ok, but it didn’t permanently save, so you had to use these commands every time you have reloaded page.

Flag Post

Probably because I updated the framework script this afternoon (european time :P) to include the local storage system in Opera, so it didn’t work before.

Flag Post

Nice work, add some more info about the scripts that i’ve never seen before

Flag Post

Thanks for this. Just started using opera and for some reason the game I was trying to play wouldn’t load until I used these scripts. Not sure which one did it but I don’t have a problem keeping them all.

Flag Post

At first I thought you meant the real opera. Lolol. The singing one xD

Flag Post

opera is the most customizable between firefox and chrome

chrome is the most lightweight and is the fastest

and firefox has add-ons and stuff

Flag Post
Originally posted by Umbreon_:

opera is the most customizable between firefox and chrome

chrome is the most lightweight and is the fastest

and firefox has add-ons and stuff

Ah, isnt that always the case. It’s time for one of my firearm quotes…. There’s always one gun that has a high rate of fire but has low firepower, and one that has a low rate of fire but is devastating.

Flag Post

Screw that. How about youtube magic and right-click profile viewer for chrome. That’s all I need baby.

Flag Post

when I do the /friendcolor command, it doesn’t let me send the message
actually, it does that with all color commands

…I am the biggest idiot of all time. I didn’t restart Opera

Flag Post

You can edit your posts to combine them into one. You can also delete your posts from the ‘edit post’ pop-up.

Flag Post

this should help out some Opera users out there, good work.

Flag Post

I honestly didn’t even know we had that add-on for Opera, fantastic though.
How many of you use Opera?

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I honestly didn’t even know we had that add-on for Opera, fantastic though.
How many of you use Opera?

Surprisingly enough, it is a great mobile browser. I have over 90% Data Savings (Using it right now). It is the only mobile app that I could fastly access OT on

Flag Post

Yes, the mobile version is fantastic. This is for the desktop version, though.

Flag Post

I’m more of a Chrome fan, don;’t really want to change.