Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: CR 2010.03.03

17 posts

Flag Post

This recent update included a variety of bug fixes and tweaks. Nothing earth-shattering, though we did fix a bug that was interrupting stat submissions in some cases – we’re hoping that’ll help reduce the number of missed achievements. It would happen where the light would stay green and you’d be connected to chat, but stats just wouldn’t submit.

Other details, including how to get 15 points quickly and easily, are below.

In other new that I should probably be shot for pointing out…the Kongregate forum now has OVER 9000 TOPICS!

EDIT: Awww…I was scooped. Moving on…

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

Flag Post

CR 2010.03.03

Users:

- Fixed a bug that was sending credit card confirmation whispers in some cases for a failed transaction.

- On our backend, we’ve converted from SVN to Git. It won’t affect the site or anything, but I thought some of our programming users might be interested to know what development tools we use.

- Fixed a perhaps long-standing problem that caused the API to stop submitting stats in some cases – most often in high-CPU / high-RAM games. This was a major factor in the delay of giving badges to a certain protection-from-the-inflated-latex-attackers game that would eat up tons of RAM by about level 45… Please note, that’s not a promise of what the next badge is going to be, I was simply making an observation. We hope that it will help reduce missing achievement issues more generally as well, though only time will tell on that one.

- We’re now using CSS3 to generate rounded corners on some of our designs. This should help reduce the number of images we need to transfer for some browsers.

- The Edit Profile form now matches the style of the other account information form, and it now is included in the links just above the forms, making the whole experience more consistent aesthetically.

- Fixed a bug that has caused newly-created Fantastic Contraption: Prius Edition levels to not be able to be loaded. You should now be able to create new levels for the game, and I think we’re going to see if we can fix the problem for the existing unloadable levels, though I’m not making promises on those yet.

- Added a 15 point bonus for saying something about yourself (or about anything) in your profile. This is meant to encourage new users to get more involved with the community, but we’ll be awarding the 15 points automatically to everyone who has something in their About Me section during the day today. If you can’t wait, go ahead and just change something in your profile’s About Me section.

- Obscure bug fix: Tweaked a small issue that was causing badges to show through the game name autocompleter when used on someone’s profile page in IE8.

Flag Post

Why is it version “2010.03.03”, shouldn’t it be version “2010.03.04”?

Cool updates too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Why is it version “2010.03.04”, shouldn’t it be version “2010.03.04”?

o.O

In any case, it was technically released last night before midnight, so it was on the 3rd. You could certainly argue either way, but this is the convention I’ve been using, so I’m gonna stick with it. :)

Flag Post

- We’re now using CSS3 to generate rounded corners on some of our designs. This should help reduce the number of images we need to transfer for some browsers.

CSS3, Why have I not been told about that?

Also, there is a new checkbox in the upload game dialog…

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

CSS3, Why have I not been told about that?

Also, there is a new checkbox in the upload game dialog…

Just a blank check? Check it anyways! :D

Flag Post

YAY! Curved corners!

Flag Post

More delicious free points? nom

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post

No updates for developers?

Flag Post

Not this time, no.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Not this time, no.

Hiding something?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4-programming/topics/79241-optimized-for-mobile-devices

Flag Post

Aww, no OCD fix :(

Hmm, I have one! How about fixing the Monetize your games section on Chrome :)

Flag Post

Nope – not hiding anything. Just didn’t have a formal announcement. Adobe has announced a mobile version of Flash, though I don’t think any phones support it yet. But we’ll be ready when it does. :)

Flag Post

The N900 already has Flash 9 ;P But yeah, the other phones will get Flash when version 10.1 is released.
Any news on when some of the minor chat bugs will be fixed (i.e. KongBot sending two notifications when a user is offline and the disappearing “Set status: Away/Chat”-chat option)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

Nope – not hiding anything. Just didn’t have a formal announcement. Adobe has announced a mobile version of Flash, though I don’t think any phones support it yet. But we’ll be ready when it does. :)

Ooh,a mobile version of flash?Now they just need to come up with a working flash for the DSi so i can play kong anywhere :P

Flag Post

Yay for points for doing nothing :O