Forums Kongregate

Where are the mods? page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

if u get banned once u lost your chance fo being a mod.so if u wanna be a mod but got banned u lost your chance of being one.

Flag Post

That’s not entirely true Akamaru, but it is true in many cases. It’s always best not to be banned, but there are some moderators who had been banned for various things before switching to the life of modship!

Flag Post

we do need more mods, i was in a chatroom a few days ago, and a guy kept typing the f word. also we do need a new mod for the France chatroom. you should also make a special chatroom for mods that requires a password to talk about players, and possible people to ban. we really need lots more mods, and they should also be actually fairly active people.

Flag Post

I agree. There’s no point makeing someone who has got a good reputaion, friendly ect if there only on a day a week. You need to find people who are on constenly (Kongregate addiction)

Flag Post

It’s always best not to be banned, but there are some moderators who had been banned for various things before switching to the life of modship!

I banned myself before (an experiment) so yeah, it doesn’t really matter if you changed your behavior.

and they should also be actually fairly active people.

Problem is, we aren’t paid. We go on Kongregate once in a while to check the rooms and that’s about it.

You need to find people who are on constenly (Kongregate addiction)

That sentence reminded me of Make Love, not Warcraft:

Warcraft Exec #2: What kind of person would do this?

Warcraft Exec #1: Only one kind, whoever this person is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half! Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life.

There is a point… Why appoint someone we don’t really know and is not friendly? He or she will probably abuse moderator powers.

Flag Post

Picnic.

Flag Post

let’s just hope and pray that kongregate admins could keep on their daily basis at maximum,so more mods will be appointed for rooms in need..

Flag Post

Quick test -

The “modfriend” profile lists 7 pages of mods, so 140 mods give or take a few, and a few minutes ago there were only about 10 mods online. Is this the “connect rate” that Kongregate expects?

Flag Post

According to a shout left on Takumashii’s profile I have been playing everquest. This may or may not be true.

Flag Post

The “modfriend” profile lists 7 pages of mods, so 140 mods give or take a few, and a few minutes ago there were only about 10 mods online. Is this the “connect rate” that Kongregate expects?

Well, Kong doesn’t officially doesn’t ‘expect’ anything; unless you are a room owner, which varies it a little. Volunteers give as they please and Kongregate knows they cannot tell non-paid personnel how much to give and when to give it.

Flag Post

It does of course depend on time of day as well. There are 25 online right now, and I expect there will be more when people in the US get back from school/work.

Flag Post

I sent an email to @feedback.com about a month ago that listed all mods on the site and which forums they ran. Also listed that there was a huge issue in “some” chartrooms. I know its frustrating… wish I had better answers on how to resolve it. I know some chartrooms have 2-5 mods in them and others you’ll never see one. Is there a real need to continue to add more chatrooms? Maybe it’s silly question… I know more people would be in them but what’s limit now? 200 users per room or 400?

Flag Post

It’s frustrating even to greg, who is the community manager. Everyone wishes there was an easy solution.

Flag Post

To be honest, the only reason I can see leaving kong right now are the terrible chatrooms. Arcane coding is now filled with spam, repeated yo mamma jokes, and never-ending rp. This makes playing an unpleasant game (monster’s den for impossible) even worse.

Flag Post

There was another round of moderators appointed on Monday, so hopefully this will help. I was among them and am on quite often, for long periods of time and at odd hours. If there are any particular rooms that anyone feels need attention, I will attempt to assist in the matter. Just leave me a whisper with the room name, and I will start spending some time there. Also feel free to whisper me in chat if I’m online.