Forums Kongregate

unsensitive chat input

19 posts

Flag Post

I have windows vista (probably explains it) and when i chat during a game the input box becomes very unsensitive(i.e. as i type i have to wait half a sec between key presses to input, otherwize the text wont go in.

If anyone else is having this problem, id like to know, so post it with what your OS is.

Thanx,

Cloud_9ine a.k.a Demor

Flag Post

Needs moar RAM

Flag Post

nah this comp has 2 gig ram

*edit*wait i found a fix, it seems to react better if you click right on the line of the input box edit

Flag Post

wait false alarm still get unresponsive (right now im pasting frum note pad to put it in)

Flag Post

its not lag… when i type i need to wait half a sec between key presses or there is no input.

Flag Post

I have this identical problem and am also using Vista. It only occurs in the chat window…not here in the forums. And I frequently access Kongregate from my other computer (PowerPC running OSX) with no problems.

Flag Post

I use windows XP and some characters end up missing.

Flag Post

Browser version? Flash player version?

Flag Post

i doubt it, latest flash but i got vista browser

Flag Post

I use the latest IE and the latest Adobe Flash. I think theres something wrong with the scripting in the chat.

Flag Post

Are you running 64 or 32 bit Vista?

Flag Post

its premium soooooo… 32 bit

Flag Post

You can try installing the latest player beta and see if that helps.

If that doesnt work, you may or not not find a solution in this thread: adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=1243464
(sorry you have to cut and paste because the forums screw it up otherwise)

Flag Post

Will someone ever fix the board’s problems =\

Flag Post

Hmm strange my ram is totly low like 500 i think and it doesnt give me any probs

Flag Post

Hmm strange my ram is totly low like 500 i think and it doesnt give me any probs

Are you running Vista?

Flag Post

Nope XP

Flag Post

Well this issue seems to be a Vista issue, not a RAM issue.

Flag Post

I guess it is ive recently heard that Vista is full of bugs and nothing is really new exept layout i guess it has differnt Formating yey 100 posts