Forums Kongregate

dual weekly challenge??

59 posts

Flag Post

i dig it. 2 fun, fairly simplistic games both getting carded and badges at the exact same time. ive been here since september and that’s a first for me!!

greg really is on his A game recently :]

Flag Post

I think this is the first one since last June.

Flag Post

It’s fun…

I easily finished the CCtB… I’m glad I mastered the game beforehand in NG.

Flag Post

Yeah it;s been a long time coming. These are better challenges becuase it opens you up to a lot. Thank you greg for giving me another challenge and something to waste my time on.

Flag Post

If I didn’t consider castle crashing an only barely 2/5 game (as in, a 1/5 game with ridiculous amount of polish) I’d really agree. Doeoe is nice though, far better than anything I expected to come out of the usually terrible ‘click on popups’ genre, great visualisation. I don’t expect to like every game that gets badged though and don’t mind badges for games I’m not into, as long as they’re not hard+ badges that rely on massive grind (pizza whatsitcalled) or hard+ badges that rely on total luck (rotazion, balance balls) or lots of points’ worth in badges that are basically nothing more than expansion packs to other already heavily badged games (scgmd3, fancy pants). the beard game is an exception… I won’t usually rate a game if I’m not into the genre but I do normally enjoy platformers, however in this case I just think it’s an honestly terrible game, however pretty, and far worse than anything else that’s been badged recently.

Flag Post

Wow…those were easy badges.
I got all of the castle crashers ones on my first run through and the doeoe ones only took me 1 try for the easier ones and about 5 for the hard ones.

Flag Post

Yup, easy, but fun badges. Kongregate used to do the 2 game challenge a lot in the past, but not recently. It’s probably due to the influx of lengthy games, as opposed to before, where there weren’t as many of those types of games, so more arcadey games were used.

Flag Post

Lol, pretty fun XD.
i liked it.

Flag Post

Ah, how this brings back memories.

Let me think about the last time I regularly did multi-game challenges… Achievements didn’t exist, I hardly dealt with game sponsorships, and the site was so small that keeping every room somewhat moderated was still feasible. This was a simpler time, back when hassling developers on Newgrounds to also upload their games onto Kongregate was still one of my primary job responsibilities.

Multi-game challenges mainly existed because achievements did not, and I felt more obligated to try to keep people as occupied as much as I could during the week. This is also why challenges used to be harder. If there were a few games I wanted to put into a challenge, I’d just do them all into one multi-game challenge. Now, though, I’ll instead put achievements in one, and a challenge/achievements in the other.

Honestly, the only reason there’s a multi-game challenge this week is because both of the games are so damn short. Even the tasks are short. You can easily get this week’s card in a fraction of the time it took to get the card in Sonny. The challenge in Doeo is little more than forcing players to give hard mode a couple of tries before giving up, as I know many are simply unable to do it. I almost made the hard Castle Crashing badge “beat the game without getting hit once,” which I tested, and it’s really not that hard — it’s just a little frustrating. I acknowledge that the current hard badge isn’t that hard either, but if you’re able to get it, you’ve mastered the game about as much as I think is reasonable to ask anyone to master it.

It’s technically possible to do multi-game badges, too. I’ve thought about it a few times, but always decided against it. It seems unnecessarily confusing, and it’s not much less work than just making two separate badges for each game. It might be fun to have one if there’s a really good theme, but I’ve never had any great ideas. I came close to making a single badge for completing the entire “Understanding Games” series, though. Even at a mere 5 points each, they’re some of the fastest badges/easiest points on the site.

Flag Post

like i said in the badge recomendations thing, not dieing would be a medium badge. i think that you should cut down on some of the badges you have been giving away, or at least the point values on some of them, not all the badges you’ve made lately are particularly hard, except the doeo one, which i keep getting stuck on level 3, but its only the first night after the badge came out, so i’ll probally get it by the end of the week. a multi-game badge would be good if a series of games were created by the same person, even though they were different in gameplay, but similar in theme…kinda like if the guy who made Red actually finished all the games that were supposedly in the works… and you made a “rainbow” badge for mastering all of them.

Flag Post

I think this is the first one since last June.

No way. I swear I remember seeing a few and I joined in August :D

Remember the Balance Balls & something else one? Yeah, that one was around August I think.

Flag Post

I like the double challenges Greg, you should make more. And maybe make them harder too. Cause as it stands, there is nothing challenging about any of the challenges, and pretty much anyone can do it.

Flag Post

I agree. The double chalenge was very fun, with 2 great short games. But it was very easy. On the doeo one, since you can do as many games as you want, it’s not hard at all. (it should have been 300 in 1 game :P) I

Flag Post

Ah, how this brings back memories.

Ah, this brings back memories of the petition of points challenges. Still trying to find a way to get rid of me, Greg?

Never :D.

But seriously, these Multi-Game Challenges are awesome. Heck, maybe you guys can bring back the Circles of Death challenge just to kill everyone >:D.

Flag Post

Heck, maybe you guys can bring back the Circles of Death challenge just to kill everyone

I think that the first to get killed would be Greg. First case of death by e-mobbing.

Flag Post

Hey Greg,
any chance Doeo will get the featured game spot? Like, for the other half of the week?
:)

Flag Post

Agreed. Doeo should have the featured game spot. Its alot better than Castle Crashing “The beard” anyway. well probably.

Flag Post

Ah man, i swear im the only person on kong that finds castle crashing utterly impossible! You all make me feel inadequate :p

Flag Post

You want tips? I can give you some

Flag Post

Hey Greg, any chance Doeo will get the featured game spot? Like, for the other half of the week? :)

Hmmm, maybe if you provide a good featured image! The Castle Crashing one took me a while. The width should be twice the height, with a minimum height of 141 pixels (it can be much bigger, but it’ll just get shrunk down).

Flag Post

i like the duel challenge it introduces me to 2 games instead of 1

Flag Post

> maybe if you provide a good featured image!

Doneo.

Flag Post

It’s on.

Flag Post

wow, good pics but y havent u got 1 of da king?

Flag Post

I was going to do the 2nd one (My hand was on where it spawned so…, and, The ones at the bottem are plain, and used in badges.

So, I like, Mine, and your first and 2nd :)