Forums Kongregate

The Tower - Qualifier - Closed (locked)

266 posts

Flag Post

As the dust settles from the previous battle for Kongregate supremacy, an ominous shape rises into the heavens, whispering of glory…

Welcome, one and all to…

Before being granted entrance to the tower to begin the long climb to the peak – where only the greatest may stand – you must first pass through the tower gates. Only the first hundred to qualify yourselves will be able to pass through the dust-shrouded pillars, so don’t dally; Time is short.

In order to qualify, you need only surpass a score of 17500 points in the Classic mode of “No Comment!”. Scoring higher will not improve your chances.

In order for your score to be counted, you need to post a screenshot of your score, which includes your name in the top right of the game panel, the game window, and the “High score” section of the highscores tab. The reporting issue has been fixed.

An example screenshot is shown below:

If fewer than 100 people have qualified after one week, the contest will proceed anyway, with however many competitors there are at the time.

Please Note: The freezing bug should no longer prevent scores from reporting – if it still happens more than once to you, try dying before killing the boss. The score should report with no issues.

Before you go, some things to note:
-This tournament will likely run for about a month and a half, it may take longer or shorter based on how smoothly things actually happen.
-Cheating will not be looked kindly upon, and if solid proof of such action is found, the violator will likely find themselves removed from the competition.
-If you think you have found proof of cheating OR a major glitch/bug/exploit, DO NOT say so in the thread. Let’s do our best to keep the thread a positive atmosphere! Instead, whisper me, with your proof, and I’ll look into it and get back to you.
-For advice on how to take and post a screenshot, refer to this handy guide.

And finally, the spreadsheet, which will keep track of everything involved in this contest!

Now, onwards to glory!

Flag Post

Awesome! :D

Flag Post

Interesting choice :P(btw ukos,switch the content of your posts,you have to delete the first post to lock the thread)

Flag Post

Isnt 17.5k a little high, it took me 10 minutes to get 105. How do you beat classic mode?

Flag Post

That should work.

Flag Post

Sorry, I’ve got 2 screenshots. First one of the game and the second one of the High Score.

By the way, here’s a tip: it’s all about combos, tabloids are useless. Just try to get the highest combo you can get (I got a 197 combo)

Flag Post

Game locked up the first time I finished the boss with the appropriate score.

Flag Post

Whew…I got distracted at exactly the right time!

Flag Post

Several tries so far, and all but two of them have gone unreported because it catches after the boss death. I’ll try a few more times but I’ve got things to do and such. This screenshot may change in the next few minutes, but who knows if it will suddenly decide to work.
EDIT: New screenshot. Old reported score was 20076. I had to refresh the page to get the highscore table to update, sorry.

Flag Post

You didnt have to post thescreenshot since it isnt enough to qualify…

Flag Post
Originally posted by BombCog:

Several tries so far, and all but two of them have gone unreported because it catches after the boss death.

Yeah, that’s where mine locked up, sounds like it is happening pretty frequently, I’d recommend refreshing before starting a new game for anyone still trying to get a score.

EDIT: The screenshot shows the frozen game with an appropriate score (20076), just doesn’t report to the kong highscores unfortunately.

Flag Post

I’ve updated the main post to account for this bug. Strange how I never encountered it, despite playing the game through dozens of times.

My advice is just to suicide before the boss, that way the score should report normally.

Flag Post

Flag Post

G-mail: hokage4354@gmail.com

I’ll be posting my screencap in a bit.

Flag Post

Alright.
Photobucket

Flag Post

How do you post a screenshot exactly…?

Flag Post

Everything you need to know should be here.

Flag Post

How are you lot so good at this? My best score is 2000…

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

How are you lot so good at this? My best score is 2000…

Stop spam shooting-

You get a bonus for each consecutive person you hit.

Flag Post

I USE combos…

Flag Post

wat is this

Flag Post

Flag Post

Aw, I missed the launch. Oh well, better late than never. To the spreadsheet! :o

Flag Post

Perfect score.

Flag Post

Missing once sucks, but it still got me above the qualifier. I won’t try again, I feel too frustrated in this game for some reason.