Forums Kongregate

what did kongregate do on 5/5/08

32 posts

Flag Post

earler on kongregate it came up with upgrading it but i dont see that they’v done exept the fact that my pic dousnt come up.

Flag Post

your pic does come up apparently everythings faster and other things which i’m not sure on

Flag Post

We were switching from one group of hosted servers we didn’t own in California to a new group all to ourselves that we own in Chicago and this took a long time because we had to transfer our (quite large) database. We didn’t change any features on the site, but you should notice that pages load MUCH faster and that there is isn’t any chat lag.

We’ve been waiting to release new features until this transition is complete, so you should start seeing them over the next few weeks.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/8220

Flag Post

site runs more smoother ;)
gratz on new servers, now i get my badges immiediately not ater 1-2 minutes ;P

i wish new server=more chances on kongai beta for me if you plan to get new testers ^^

Flag Post

Dherthen69 as a level 12 you should get in pretty soon after I start the invites up again.

Flag Post

Coming from an Admin, that means invites will be MUCH lower :D

Flag Post

Much lower than normal > 0 :p

Flag Post

Staff needed a day off and got drunk, and decided to put the servers offline for a laugh.

Flag Post

?? Actually staff stayed up all night drinking coffee watching the database transfer. We just wish we were drunk. But tonight we celebrate that nothing too terrible happened.

Flag Post

Mwahhaha they haven’t discovered the bomb hidden inside kongregate what will blow it to smithereens 24 hours after transfer completion :P

Flag Post

Actually staff stayed up all night drinking coffee watching the database transfer.

Nerds…

Flag Post

Nerds FOR YOU! :-D

Flag Post

Yes, Thanks for making the site faster Emily, appreciate it. Although all I really do these days if look at peoples post…and not post.

Flag Post

Oh man, I see a HUGE difference in the load time, although I didn’t experience any difficulties, it was just reaaaallly laggy.

Flag Post

Emily, will level nines like me be getting in to soon?

Flag Post

Celebrated Cinco de Mayo!

i.e. stare at monitor 5 hours more than normal.

I think that us Americans only celebrate it so we can have a party in May…

Flag Post

Im lvl 16 so will I be getting an invite soon or will I be forgotten?

Flag Post

Is yllier someone who changed their name? Also, Pages load a billion times faster, thank you so much. I no longer need twent different tabs open at once.

Flag Post

Yes Henry, I used to be TehLegend. I’ve never really told anyone. I also changed my picture just to confuse people more.

Flag Post

When will the highscores work again?

Flag Post

The average load time for the front page went from 67 seconds to 2 seconds after the server change. I’m serious.

Flag Post

uh….it went under some major changes

Flag Post

Tasslehoff, not sure because we want to combine that with a few other changes. I hope in the next day or so.

Flag Post

You’re calling people nerds… on a forum for a games site? Sounds a bit nerdy to me…