Forums Kongregate

Regarding Badges

8 posts

Flag Post

I’ve noticed that all my badges are sorted and desplayed by time of acquiring them.so the newer get in from of the older.
here is my consern.
I tend to get the badges in a game all in a row from easy to medium to hard to impossible,sometimes hard is gotten before the easy but that’s rare!
I recently got the impossible from guitar maniac 2 and checked other user’s profile to see how many had gotten it.
for some reason the badges are in that order medium-hard-impossible-easy.
HOW can someone acquire the impossible before the easy and how can someone beat the whole game in one go perfectly?it took me more than a week and I am pretty good at games.
So my guess is they used cheat engine or what’s it called.
I don’t like that.badges are meant to distinguish the best from the rest not the cheaters from the real players.I know kongregate can’t stop the game cheating but at least knowing that the badges are too suspisiously acquired maybe something could be done.
What’s your opinion about this?I hope I made my point clear,thanks!

Flag Post

sorry for the double post.I just came across an account who is a member since yesterday!!!since may 5 2008!!! and has only 3 posts and….3 impossible badges all scoring related….

Flag Post

When a person has completed a game (or got all perfects in SCGMD) before the badges for that game are released, the achievements will all be awarded at once, in a random order. Since SCGMD2 was a popular game even before it got badges, it’s likely this is what happened. Same deal with Sonny (this happened on my account if you want to look) and many others.

Flag Post

Yes, there are a very large number of profiles with this sort of thing. I believe I may have even created a topic about it in the past. The issue here is that most people don’t care, and often people make up stuff about glitches and highly inconvenient disconnections when they were going to get their badge. Of course, for SCGMD3, disconnections make no sense, as you would get the badges when you get back in, but that tends to be glossed over. My advice would be to just ignore it, or if you can find some impossible looking highscores from the suspected person, report them, since highscores are usually taken more seriously.

Edit: And what Unpro said is very possible (and sometimes even likely) too.

Flag Post

Some people just make another account, just so they can re-get some of the impossibles or ones they like… No idea why….

Oh, 100th Post YEAH!

:D

Flag Post

It also should be possible to copy the .sol files from completed versions on other websites to the kongregate folder so that people can get the rewards immediately. Except when there is a special kongregate only version of course.

Flag Post

every version is specail for kong when it comes to badge thing ;)

Flag Post

But the .sol files are not necessarily different. I meant like in portal where there is a version you can cheat and the kong badge version you can’t.