Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Cards

28 posts

Flag Post

Allo, I was just wondering. Since this community is about the users helping to provide games and stuff, could they also help out with the Kongregate CCG? Sometimes the most time consuming part of creating a game is the graphics.

If Kongregate offered points or something for the cards they choose, as well as the opportunity to have that card for drawing it, that may help out. Unless you’re already done with the CCG, I haven’t been following closely.

Flag Post

I think the cards are more of an “inner” thing. The users aren’t really needed until the actual game comes out when users can become involved. Not that they don’t need you or users as a whole, but they pretty much have it under control and already laid out. :)

Flag Post

I’m only thinking graphics wise, actually. I find when I make games, it’s the graphics that take the longest to get done.

Flag Post

The cards are being designed by the great David Sirlin so I think they are all set =P

Flag Post

And the graphics are being done by the great Udon!

Flag Post

How many cards have been released currently? Can I find a place that shows them all?

Flag Post

How many cards have been released currently? Can I find a place that shows them all?

There are 16 right now.

Flag Post

is there any possibility for people like me who discovered the card game just recently to gain the early released cards? like another challenge for each one?

tulip

Flag Post

right before the game is released you should redo all the challanges for the cards, so people can get a second chance

Flag Post

I too, wish there was a way to “catch up” with the cards, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how everything turns out, and see what surprises might come our way… ;)

Flag Post

im wif studios on that :)

Flag Post

ok

Flag Post

i was wondering…. i’ve been on holidays for a few weeks, so… will there be a way to get the cards i missed in my holidays with extra challenges, or something like that? i lost the four “red characters” and i my only artifact is the sacred candle ¬¬

Flag Post

There will be chances to make up challenges starting a little bit before the game is released, but some cards will likely remain rare.

Flag Post

I think it would be a much better idea to have some sort of “store” where people can buy the old cards. The idea of re-doing challenges is only a temporary solution.

Let’s say it happens. People will get the cards and everybody’s happy. Months later, new users will request that all of the challenges are redone again. Another few months later, another batch of new users will ask to redo the challenges. Repeat.

This is nothing but work and complaints from new users because they didn’t get on Kong earlier. I for one think that that is a very, very stupid reason. And there’s no reason to do any of them (including the second time) with a shop-like feature. And the shop is permanent, while the challenges are not (No, do NOT make challenges permanent please).

You’re either an OG that has the cards, or you need to buy them. Simple as that.

Flag Post

I also feel that the two alphas, at the very least, should not be re-released, or only in very special circumstances. (like, 10 year anniversary :) )

Flag Post

i say you make the challenges harder for the people who missed the challenges the first time, because it is their fault for not getting here sooner.

Flag Post

I think that of the store is good idea. And the Kong points could be the “money”, if not some kind of credits.
What about Kollars? Kredits? Keuros? ;)

Also, redoing challenges is not a good idea, because there will be a lot of “challenge time-lines” (the new, the old, the oldest…)

I also think, there should be more then 1 challenge per week. I get bored when i beat the challenge

Flag Post

You should be able to do an old challenge once every other week.

Flag Post

Don’t you need like 40 or 30 cards in order to duel? Because some people had a head start so that isn’t fair…. Is it? Also, if you do win a battle I hope you get like 5 points! >:)

Flag Post

I think it’s best if when the game will come out, you’ll have a week (one week for all the challanges) in which you could do all challenges that started BEFORE you signed in (that means you could not do a challenge which you had the opportunity to do but failed)

Flag Post

Don’t you need like 40 or 30 cards in order to duel?

No, just 3 or 10, depending on the game setting. The goal is for the cards to be pretty balanced, so having more will just give you more options in creating your deck rather than more absolute power.

Flag Post

How about, if you complete the challenge of the week, you then get a previous challenge you didn’t win. This could either be at random (but consistent for the remainder of the time), either per user or by regenerating a random order of previous challenges each week for all users.

That way, people who missed cards can’t gripe (as much), and have a better chance of being sucked in to trying to collect them. And people who have them all can still get a new card at the same rate, and can’t gripe about the time being filled up with repeats.
People who care about collecting the cards are likely to try and get each one after they start, and if they succeed early then currently there is dead time until the next one.

I say random rather than rotating order so that people won’t get stuck behind a challenge they can’t do or a card they don’t want for long periods.

Flag Post

Annoyingly, it seems like they are no longer giving out character cards, just rubbish bonus ones.

Flag Post

I got a better (maybe) idea (with room for modifications in square brackets).

Every week, there will be two [consecutive / simultaneous] challenges. One will be the normal challenge, the other one from [8 weeks / 12 weeks / a set time] ago. The challenge repeat will be [same / harder (unless it is beat the whole game xP)] difficulty.

This allows new users to start getting cards faster as to catch up, and after the replay time has passed, they could potentially have twice the cards than that with the one per week system.