Forums Kongregate

More metagames

7 posts

Flag Post

I was just wondering; are there any plans in place of making more Metagames, when Kongai is out? Or semblances of plans, or of the possibilities of plans?

Its just that I think that there should be something of this sort; it would be a real shame if the cards could only be used in Kongai. After all there is so much more that you could do with this…

Flag Post

I think that would be a pretty awesome idea. I don’t really like card fighting games like Kongai…

Flag Post

We don’t have another metagame planned, but the idea has been floated around a bit to provide an API to developers that would allow games to be created that would check which cards the player has. Maybe we could even do this with achievements — imagine playing something like Monster Master multiplayer, where the cards you have in the game are the badges you have on the site.

But this is all just a dream for now, and even if we did do something like this, I doubt you’d see it live within the next year. Sorry. :(

Flag Post

Greg, are there any plans to fix the ‘Add’ and ‘Replace’ stat styles? (Replace only works once per page display, and both have issues with the daily/weekly/all-time roll-over).

Flag Post

@ Greg: Before you do that, make more mundane stats be accessible by the API; say Username and User level.

Note: What follows is a cool idea, which, quite probably, nobody will impliment (unfortunately), but it would be nice if it was read anyway.

I’ve thought about this a bit, and the metagame idea loans itself REALLY well to a Tactics Arena type game (whatever you call that). Basically, you could have each character have an attack, a range in which you can do this attack, damage, damage type, resistance, etc. (most of the things you have in Kongai). The card picking screen could actually be almost the same, and though you’d need movement sprites you already have quite a bit of the graphics. The way I see it, you move 1 piece a turn. Maybe they could have energy, and both moving and attacking use it. Maybe speed will be directly related to energy recovery rate. Maybe… actually, maybe this is a good place to cut this rant off.

Anyway, I see this as being a potentially usable idea, and it would be awesome if the staff actually considered it.

Flag Post

Lysis, we are working on the Add and Replace stats, as both are going to be used in Kongai. This is part of the high score optimization that is going on as we speak.

Flag Post

Thats good news, thanks Ben.