Forums Kongregate

Standard Kongregate Time?

9 posts

Flag Post

KillerQueen has already sent in a Feature Request about this, I’m just doing a forum post to help inform others.

Suggest a Timestamp be programed to appear at the top of each page, Java-based, perhaps, so that it would be always running instead of just showing the time when you refresh the page.

This would help members choose specific times to meet their friends online, it would also help with member-created game contests, as in we could say that it started at 15:00 Kongregate Time or whatever.

It should be a 24 hour clock, instead of 12 hour. The time zone would most likely be whatever time zone Greg is in.

Comments?

Flag Post

So it’d be Pacific Standard Time

Flag Post

I guess going with PST would be easier than convincing the proper authorities to make a new KST :)

Flag Post

I think this would be great. For example, instead of someone saying what time they will be on in their own time zone and possibly leaving others confused, there can just be one time, to simplify the matter.

Flag Post

this is a great idea, but you do a time zone in like the middle of the ocean where nobody lives like -2 gmt

Flag Post

You wouldnt want it Java based, most likely Flash or dynamic html.

Flag Post

The whole site is already built on AJAX, so may as well go with it and use it.

Just a small php script that gets the current kTime, synchronise it in the JS, and just count up from there. Synchronise it again every half hour if need be.

Flag Post

We can also use the Swatch Internet Time .

Flag Post

Lol, I was just about to post about that Antony_256, but I see you beat me to it. :p