Forums Kongregate

New (Minor) Kongregate Version (CR 2010.04.28)

97 posts

Flag Post

Not a ton to report here, but that shouldn’t be too surprising considering that we did a huge update just a week ago. :)

We did a number of backend changes and tools for site administration, but there are a few user-facing tweaks and changes as well. I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

As always, please feel free to add comments, questions, and suggestions to this thread.

Flag Post

CR 2010.04.28

Developers:
- Fixed a bug with sponsored games in the Games For Your Site page not updating when new versions were uploaded.

Users:
- Fixed a bug that was showing a blank screen after some kred purchases.
- Links in chat now open a new window/tab so you don’t lose in-game progress.
- By popular request, we now sort user comments pages by newest first.
- We’ve made some tweaks to the social share links, including using a darker Facebook “Like” button.
- The Messages (X) link in the welcome box at the top will now automatically link to your private messages if you only have unread private messages and no unread shouts.
- Slight tweaks to the Prev/Next links at the bottom of the game and badge browsers to make them easier to see and use.
- Fixed some formatting oddities in IE7 for chat profiles.
- We now redirect the old /shouts and /whispers URLs for profile pages to go to the appropriate message center pages. There weren’t any links to these, but some people were still typing them by hand.
- Fixed a bug that was causing lightboxes (like login or kred purchases) to not function on iframe games (like Heroes of Gaia) in Opera. Now, for the love of all that is holy, please go download an actual functioning browser. ;)

Flag Post

Awesome! thanks for the “newest comments” :)
EDIT: There’s still just top comments :/

Flag Post

Newest Comments refers to the user’s page of comments, not on the game page. However, we’re investigating options for different arrangements on the game page too – obviously not out yet, but I’d imagine we’ll see something new next release.

Flag Post

Opera. Now, for the love of all that is holy, please go download an actual functioning browser. ;)

Hey, not cool.

Flag Post

You should either add a second(third in games with forum) tab or make it so the 3rd top rated comments are on the top of page one and above there, it’s the newest comments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

You should either add a second(third in games with forum) tab or make it so the 3rd top rated comments are on the top of page one and above there, it’s the newest comments.

I agree.

Flag Post

I unconditionally hate this update for no reason whatsoever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SavageWolf:

I have absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

Flag Post

Ah, cool. Bug fixes and such. I wondered what was up when my chat kept disconnecting. Haha.

Flag Post

‘View all comments’ links are broken.

Flag Post

Deleting comments on shouts isn’t working, it just shows the loading animation forever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nojkimserious:

Opera. Now, for the love of all that is holy, please go download an actual functioning browser. ;)

Hey, not cool.

Exactly, Opera is awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Babadingldoo:

Deleting comments on shouts isn’t working, it just shows the loading animation forever.

I got the same problem

Flag Post

Nice. Who cares if it’s minor, I really like reading these updates.

Flag Post

‘View all comments’ links are broken.

This should be fixed now, sorry about that.

Fix for this one coming up. They stem from the same thing – we re-organized some of our URLs and missed these.

Flag Post

Don’t use too much time on adding the “newest comments” to games please, I want it now D:

Flag Post

I’m another person who wants the “newest comments” list back, even if in addition to the old one. Just throwing my opinion in to make it seem more universal.

Flag Post

Are these in effect?, because if so, I’m not seeing the updates. Particularly in the comments.

Flag Post

The only one I see about comments is this one:

Originally posted by Phoenix00017:
- By popular request, we now sort user comments pages by newest first.

Which would be this page. Before the update, they were sorted by oldest.

Flag Post

This stuff is pretty nice. However, like many sites, there should be an “archive of updates.”

I’d just like to see Kong’s progress.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phoenix00017:

I’ve included the newest changelog below, though you can also view the full (non-incremental) one at any time here.

There is an “archive of updates”.

Flag Post

As do I.
But only because comments on the actual game still sorted by highest rated.
I am frankly quite sick of being told kreds are ruining this site. I get enough of it in chat as is.
Please hurry.
(AKA NO SLEEP UNTIL SOLUTION :P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by notverygood:

As do I.
But only because comments on the actual game still sorted by highest rated.
I am frankly quite sick of being told kreds are ruining this site. I get enough of it in chat as is.
Please hurry.
(AKA NO SLEEP UNTIL SOLUTION :P)

How about YOU get no sleep until you update blog with country stats? See how that feels? Phoenix/Greg/Jim/Emily/AC/Ac/Ducky and the rest aren’t robots. Well, except maybe greg. Yes, greg is definitely a robot.

Flag Post

lul, dood.
lrn2notalways4srs