Forums Kongregate

Kongregate on the iPad page 2

44 posts

Flag Post

Perhaps “google swifty”http://swiffy.googlelabs.com/ could work for some games?

Flag Post
Originally posted by berqv:

Perhaps “google swifty”http://swiffy.googlelabs.com/ could work for some games?

It looks cool at first glance, but is not really a viable option. It only supports games of up to 1 mb. Plus, they have to be for Flash 5 or earlier, which is practically ancient (2001). Flash games would have to regress 10+ years to work on that, and that is not somewhere consumers want to go.

Flag Post

Love kongregate play it every day and talk with my web buddies, recently got the escape app, was hoping to able to chat but failed, I don’t get why they don’t allow adobe
near any of their products if we bought it and it’s technically ours.

Flag Post

Apple should really start supporting flash. Even the Kongregate Arcade app can’t work on Apple, it’s only for Android. Luckily, I have Android and not Apple.

Flag Post

but still will there ever be a way just to chat on iPad cause I send messages and,actually i put this comment on iPad but I can’t chat since it can’t load the actual game because of having to have adobe FlashPlayer which leads to not being able to sign in on chat!!! Please comment if you have any idea how to just chat with out playing any games on iPad!

Flag Post

You can run Flash Games on an iPad… you just have to do it in a rather abstract way. Basically, there are services out there which stream remote desktops. You hook that remote streaming to a machine with Flash, and it should (mind, you I’ve never tested it) work. Of course, most of those services cost some $$, but, from what I’ve heard, they aren’t too expensive. Or, does anybody know of a free one out there?

Flag Post

I would just like to point out that jobs does not hate adobe. In fact he tried to buy them twice before they even got big. He just knew that flash was going to be phased out because html5 was the future, so decided to try and help speed that up.

Flag Post

A Kongregate app for an iPad would totally want me to buy an iPad.

Flag Post

I think that they should just do everything you can do on a computer but play games. You can still talk to friends, enter chat rooms, edit profile, etc. etc. etc.

Flag Post

The chat object is very closely tied to games (for API) so chat won’t work on iDevices. I’m typing this on an iPod, all other aspects of the site work correctly.

Flag Post

Besides the fact that it’s not (easily) possible to do, it’s just not feasible. I can enter chat on my Android, but I would never think of trying to actually use it to chat unless I had a bluetooth-enabled keyboard handy, so I can imagine that on a apple product it would be a similar issue of being too difficult to properly see the chat and to type in it.

Flag Post

Is there like anyway cause you can’t download flash on a iPad can you?

Flag Post

You can, but it’s not supported.

Flag Post

All I want to do is just chat with my friends. I don’t care to play a game on my IPad…just chatting wont work..

Flag Post

Chat is a Flash object and iOS doesn’t support Flash.

It’s not elegant in the slightest and it’ll set you back $2.99, but you can use the Puffin browser for iOS. It buffers Flash on 3rd party servers and streams it to your device. It’s messy, but it works.

Flag Post

That’s a good idea, but, on tablets, not only the Ipad

Flag Post

The Puffin web browser supports flash and works on all iDevices as far as I know. PLaying games is laggy as hell though, the only thing I could properly play was Dolphin Olympics. But the whole site is perfectly accessible and the chat works too.

Flag Post

Is there any and i mean ANY games where no adobe is required so that i pad and pod users can chat????

Flag Post
Originally posted by EvilDeathpro:

Is there any and i mean ANY games where no adobe is required so that i pad and pod users can chat

There are some HTML5 games on the site. I think only three are badged, one is no-one has to die, and other is Game of Thrones Ascent.