Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 285

7853 posts

Flag Post

You call it “making mistakes”, I call it “having to go back and waste another two hours fixing a solution that was perfectly valid, but isn’t the one the game was looking for”.

If you’re going to need it later on, then the game should only accept the one solution. Sure, you’re still going to make mistakes—and it’s far better for the game to tell you that your solution is wrong now than for you to discover that your solution is wrong 5 levels from now when you forget what you did to get that solution in the first place.

Flag Post
perfectly valid.

If it was perfectly valid, you wouldn’t have to go back.

Flag Post

You should get badges for forum posts.

Flag Post

If it was perfectly valid, you wouldn’t have to go back.

That’s crappy reasoning. I liked the game until a point where some level cranked out * in one of my solutions without it making sense at all. Someone told me it has to do with earlier levels. I scored an 8/10 on that one. It’s complete nonsense. Don’t first tell me “hey, you did a good job, go on to the next level” and later on tell me “you actually did a crappy job, but I didn’t tell you until now”. This just means there aren’t enough tests on the level.

I think the game is good, but it needs work. More tests to properly see everything is tested, or don’t make each solution go through each level again in later levels.

Flag Post

To get a perfect score on 13, I needed to change my 10 boxes/105 moves solution on level 8 to an 11 boxes/88 moves solution. Since the game doesn’t tell you what box combinations give what scores until you actually try them, it’s nonintuitive that such a change would still give a score of +10 for boxes on level 8.

Edit: I can make it a 10/88 on level 8 (also there is a 13/74, which is better for moves on level 13, but only +9 on boxes on level 8).

Flag Post

It has nothing to do with the score; you simply have to come up with a general solution for each level. As far as the game having some sort of test to see if your solution is a general solution, that is actually a lot more difficult than you may think. The Malevolence Engine was not added to Manufactoria until quite late, and afaik has to be configured for each individual level; there is no general solution to the problem of testing any solution to see if it is a general solution.

And as for having to go back and repeat levels, plenty of games allow you to “pass” a level even though you haven’t completed it optimally, and then effectively force you to go back and do it better so you can complete later levels. A recent example of this is Relic of War.

Also, I hate internet arguments, I’m done.

Flag Post

It’s easier than you think. There are only a few tests in each level, so if one later level requires something of a box which isn’t required in an earlier level, then that’s simply crappy developing. That same test must also be included in the earlier level. Any way, this can’t really be compared to Relic of War. There you know what things you have completed and which still need work. Here you are simply told “good work” and later on “it was actually crappy”.

Since you’re probably not going to reply, I’ll keep it short. The game needs to be more clear in “how well you did”. A score of 8 and 10 doesn’t seem like a “just passed”. And if there’s a requirement in a later level that you don’t have in an earlier level without specifically mentioning it, that’s just cruel.

Also, the level I referred to was 17. Yes, the one where you had to add only two additional boxes. The “is empty?” box gave me a * on the last test just because that last test wasn’t included in an earlier level (I think level 8).

Flag Post

Well, since Manufactoria may be my favorite game on Kongregate, I had to try Jahooma’s Logic Box with that kind of recommendation, so here are my thoughts:

- I definitely enjoyed it (having finished all the non-challenge levels), although it’s clearly just the beginning of something potentially much more complicated.
- Thok, it’s supposed to be the case that if you get +10 for steps on a box, using that box in future levels should be able to get you +10 for those levels as well. My solution for 8 was 14/105 and I still could get +10 on level 13 (with 2291 steps). (I do think it would be a good idea for the game to mention the thresholds for a perfect rating in boxes and steps, so you could tell if you had room to trade off one for the other.)
- As for the big argument here, I can see both sides. Lou is right that if you build your box to spec, then it should never create problems in future levels. But it is also a good idea that the tests catch major problems when you first build the box, rather than later. That said, I think the tests as they currently stand are pretty comprehensive — you’d have to go pretty far out of your way to build a box which passes the tests but not the general case. If you have a counterexample, I’d love to see it, and I suspect the developer would have no problem adding it in, since it looks like they’ve done so in the past.

Flag Post

you’d have to go pretty far out of your way to build a box which passes the tests but not the general case

I’ve made a solution for level 8 which caused one test to return a * in level 17. I got 8 and 10 for scores on level 8. This means the tests in level 8 were not adequate. Or score and results for later levels should not depend on boxes you made in earlier levels. Or allow anyone to pass any level with whatever amount and difficulty of tests they want while clearly explaining to them that the less they do in earlier levels the more it’s possible later levels won’t return their tests positively.

Flag Post

Getting back to BTD5:

Ninja Trials badge (easy: 5 pts)
Reach rank 6
[] Rank 6

Popping Power badge (medium: 15 pts)
Complete the first page of pre-unlocked tracks on any difficulty
[] Monkey Lane Completed
[] Park Path Completed
[] The Rink Completed
[] Snake River Completed
[] Bloon Circles Completed

Bloons For Bananas badge (hard: 30 pts)
Unlock the 4 expert tracks, then complete them on Hard difficulty.
[] Drag Strip completed (hard)
[] Clock Completed (hard)
[] Castle Completed (hard)
[] Death Valley compledted (hard)

Pop Star badge (imp: 60 pts)
Complete every single track on Hard.
[] All tracks completed (hard)

~

Dibbles: Pro Pack

Boom goes the dibble badge (easy: 5 pts)
Complete level 5
[] Level 5 completed

Professional King Saviour badge (hard: 30 pts)
Protect the king in every level
[] Game completed

Flag Post

Do we really need another set of Dibbles badges so soon? Sure, badge the game, but give it a few months rest first, please.

Flag Post

Is there a mistake on the Hard Epic War badge? It says:“Defeat Popo at the end of chapter 3”. But the actual description for the mission says:

“Barbatos has informed us in order to save this country he must destroy and claim it. While we don’t understand what this means we do understand what he intends to do. We can solve our own problems, like him for example.”

So it looks like he is Barbatos and “Popo” is just the name of the species Barbatos is.

Flag Post

I don’t care what the badges are, they just need to put badges on BTD 5

Flag Post

BTD5:

Popping Rookie (easy: 5 pts)
Reach rank 12
[] Rank 12 reached.

Just getting started… (easy: 5 pts)
Complete any level
[] Level Complete.

Daily Hero (Medium: 15 pts)
Complete 2 Daily Challenges.
[] 2 Daily Challenges Complete

Walk In the Park: (Medium 15 pts)
Complete 3 levels without losing any lives. (Any difficulty)
[] 3 levels completed with full lives

Too Hot To Handle: (hard: 30 points)
Complete the extreme difficulty track on any difficulty.
[] Extreme difficulty track defeated.

Poptastic: (hard: 30 points)
Pop 1,250,000 Balloons.
[] 1,250,000 Balloons popped

Flag Post

Double checks to see that I can’t save my game when I play Bloons TD 5. Yup, it’s still broken. Therefore no badges for now.

(I’m actually talking with the dev by email about fixing it, so hopefully that will be resolved soon.)

Flag Post

I got bored, so images.

Flag Post

Chromatic – Rainbow Dasher badge (hard – 30 points)
Collect 40 gold trophies.

Hexagon – Again! badge (hard – 30 points)
Survive for 184 seconds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fusha:

Survive for 184 seconds.

I’m missing the reference to 184…

Flag Post
Originally posted by JimmyCarlos:

Survive for 184 seconds.

I’m also missing the reference, but that badge name is so true, because whenever I see that game mentioned I just have to go back and play it again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Survive for 184 seconds.

I’m also missing the reference, but that badge name is so true, because whenever I see that game mentioned I just have to go back and play it again.

Even more subtle reference for a badge name title: “Leaves them cycling around again and again and again.”

If anyone gets that, you’ve got an amazing memory.

Flag Post

Of course I remember the second hint in your tourney. :D

edit: Was it actually a long time ago? Feels like yesterday.

Flag Post

Survive for 184 seconds.

That’s the developer’s high. I felt that was a good benchmark.

Flag Post

This is gonna just be a random set of recent games with API.

Knightmare Tower [current rating: under judgement]

3 (+ 47) Slices Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Slice 50 monsters dead
[ ] 50 monsters killed

To the Top of The Tower Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete all 40 quests, then defeat the boss at the top of the tower
[ ] Story mode completed

Climbing the Infinite Tower Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Reach 30,000 meters in Survival mode
[ ] 30,000 meters reached

ITEM CHALLENGE: POTION BREWER
Rescue three princesses to unlock the potion feature to obtain Ordinary Item X in Ordinary MMO Y!
[ ] Three princesses rescued

Color Link-a-Pix Light Vol 2 [current rating: 3.96]

Link to the Pic Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete all 10 puzzles
[ ] Level 1 completed

Flag Post

kingdom rush (hard or impossible) beat all levels on meduim without losing a life
(
dont have a name for the badge)

Flag Post

I’m disappointed with both hard badges on Bloons 5.