Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 289

7855 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ben_B:

I’m very happy they badged it too. Looks like the overall Kongregate community hates it though.

Avg: 3.25 of 3,108 ratings

Flag Post

And still falling rapidly, down from the 3.8+ rating it had before. (Avg: 3.21 of 3,326 ratings)
Just for fun, let’s calculate what people are rating it at the moment:

(3108*3.25 + (3326-3108)*x) / 3326 = 3.21
3108*3.25 + (3326-3108)*x = 3326*3.21
(3326-3108)*x = 3326*3.21 - 3108*3.25
x = (3326*3.21 - 3108*3.25) / (3326-3108) = 2.64

In the last 2 hours, it’s been rated an average of 2.64 (give or take around 0.15 from rounding errors.)

Flag Post

Now it’s at (Avg: 3.15 of 3,754 ratings) :/

I think many people are not getting past that initial hurdle of getting used to the game and getting over 20.

Flag Post

Must be all the epileptics playing Hexagon for the first time.

Flag Post

Jacksmith [current rating: 4.31]

Perfecting Your Craft Challenge
Fill a weapon’s star meter
[ ] Leveled Up Weapon

You Don’t Know JackSmith Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Reach Level 3
[ ] Rank

Return on Investment Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Collect 500 ore dropped by enemies
[ ] Ore Collected

Hollow Victory Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Travel to Wormwood Hollow
[ ] Reach Wormwood Hollow

Dudley Do Wrong Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Evil Wizard Dudley
[ ] Defeated Dudley

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Now it’s at (Avg: 3.15 of 3,754 ratings) :/

I think many people are not getting past that initial hurdle of getting used to the game and getting over 20.

I agree with this, and it actually leads me to an idea (that will never be implemented) that might solve a lot of the ratings woes on Kong. A game should need to be open for a short period—maybe three minutes—before it can be rated. This would help blunt spam-raters and fit-in-with-the-crowd raters, as well those who might rate a popular developer 5 after 30 seconds, or ragequit with a 1 in the first minute or two.

I realize this idea has probably been floated around before, and that there would likely be implementation issues and practical reasons not to do it, but the community seems to be increasingly divided regarding a number of games, and something should probably be done.

Anyway, the main reason I dropped by this thread was to provide a heads up for everyone: potential new impossible badge spotted! I started playing Rogue Soul (by the makers of last year’s The Soul Driver, which had a notoriously difficult hard badge) yesterday, and it seems getting 100% loot might be similar in style and difficulty to the Dino Run impossible. Note that I’m not ready to suggest actual badges for the game yet, and 100% loot might fall far short of impossible difficulty with further investigation. After I play a bit more, I’ll report back.

Also, Submachine still needs badges, etc., etc.

Flag Post

I think the Hexagon rating will bounce back. I remember when Colourshift (finally) got badges, the rating dropped in the first couple of days. Not by as much (no more than .05), but then Colourshift had a much bigger ‘cushion’: it already had 11,000 ratings when it got the badges. A week after getting badges it was back to its original rating of 3.89. So I think once more people actually get the hard badge, the rating will come back.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I think the Hexagon rating will bounce back. I remember when Colourshift (finally) got badges, the rating dropped in the first couple of days. Not by as much (no more than .05), but then Colourshift had a much bigger ‘cushion’: it already had 11,000 ratings when it got the badges. A week after getting badges it was back to its original rating of 3.89. So I think once more people actually get the hard badge, the rating will come back.

I was watching someone in my room rant about how much the game sucked and how much he hated it when he scored 56 seconds. He rated it at 1/5. On the try after that, he got 62 seconds, loved the game, and changed it to 5/5. Food for thought.

Flag Post

So, Rogue Soul is definitely a good candidate for a new impossible.

Rogue Soul (current rating: 3.77)

Making Bale Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Take a leap of faith into the hay to reach the second zone.
[ ] Second zone reached (best so far: )

Smooth Criminal Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Accrue a bounty of at least 3,000 soulons in a single run.
[ ] 3,000 bounty (best so far: )

Damascus Steal Badge (hard ~ 30 points) [INSUFFICIENT API]
Earn a medal in every challenge, including at least one platinum.
[ ] 5 medals earned (any metal) (best so far: )
[ ] 1 platinum medal earned – you’ll need to reach a bounty of at least 5,000 to unlock challenge mode (best so far: )

For the Soul Who Has Everything Badge (impossible ~ 60 points)
Unlock 100% of loot.
[ ] 100% loot unlocked (best so far: )

Also, Submachine badges. In case anyone had forgotten.

Flag Post

Surely that Imp should be “For the Soul Who Has Everything”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Surely that Imp should be “For the Soul Who Has Everything”

You’re right! Edited it.

Flag Post

That is a really fun game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

I was watching someone in my room rant about how much the game sucked and how much he hated it when he scored 56 seconds. He rated it at 1/5. On the try after that, he got 62 seconds, loved the game, and changed it to 5/5. Food for thought.

Its now 3.08

Flag Post
Originally posted by HULKSMASHEDU:
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

Its now 3.08

3.08 – 3.25 is probably a reasonable rating for it. It doesn’t really have anything that merits any score higher than 4. The only consideration is that hardcore gamers enjoy the challenge.

Though this does remind me of a complaint I made previously aboot supplying proper badges to games and how poorly chosen badges can affect a game’s rating. I think that if this game were given a 30 seconds medium (either in addition to or in lieu of the 60 seconds hard badge) then the game’s rating would not have declined so drastically.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

Though this does remind me of a complaint I made previously aboot supplying proper badges to games and how poorly chosen badges can affect a game’s rating. I think that if this game were given a 30 seconds medium (either in addition to or in lieu of the 60 seconds hard badge) then the game’s rating would not have declined so drastically.

Bullshit. The rating drop has nothing to do with whether or not there’s a medium. Evidence? Triangles, a far more annoying shape-themed survival game with a single hard badge that is far harder than the hexagon badge, has a rating of 3.52. So what is the difference? Triangles was released in ’07 and has not been seen on the front page of Kong in years. Hexagon has, through being badged, been exposed to a much higher number of retards. Sad but true.

Flag Post

No, Triangles’s hard is not “far harder” than Hexagon’s hard. At least for me. For me it is far easier, and not only because the design, the shape of the hexagon and the fuzzy colors (I don’t speak of the mechanism) kill the eyes.

Maybe I’m totally wrong, but I have the feeling that some happy few top players have too much influence on the definition of “easy”, “hard”, “good guys” and “epileptic, retarded guys”.

Flag Post

(Napoléon was epileptic. Lord Byron. Socrate. Jeanne d’Arc was epileptic. Dostoievski. Van Gogh. Flaubert was epileptic !)

Flag Post
Originally posted by kadare:

(Napoléon was epileptic. Lord Byron. Socrate. Jeanne d’Arc was epileptic. Dostoievski. Van Gogh. Flaubert was epileptic !)

Actually, I was making a joke when I said epileptics. I never added any qualifier to epileptics at all, let alone one of intelligence. My intention was to imply that an epileptic would have a problem playing the game (with the flashing screen) and thus be less likely to rate the game highly.

Nonsensical example: If you were allergic to bee stings and played a game that attracted bees, would you rate that game highly?

Flag Post
Hexagon has, through being badged, been exposed to a much higher number of retards. Sad but true.

Apparently the vast majority of Kongregate’s users does not agree with your enthusiam for Hexagon. There are multiple reasons to rate the game low (where low is around 3/5), and most of them do not make one a “retard”…

I always somewhat liked reading your posts and opinions, but that sentence was just, let’s say, “unnecessary”.

Oh, and although I got the hard badge with ease, I also rated the game only 3/5. Here I wrote why.

Should also not forget that 3/5 means “liked it” still. It’s not a bad/negativ rating.

Flag Post

Sorry I wasn’t clear: it’s not the actual rating the game has that bothers me—I had read your post at the time and agreed with it mostly, except for the bit where you say that a good game needs to have “levels, upgrade system, bonus system, game modes” to be enjoyable (can’t a game just be fun?)—what bothers me is the reason the majority of raters seem to have for giving a low (i.e. 1/5) rating….crap. I was going to link to the comments here, because a few days ago it was full of people crying about the controls being terrible (they’re not, and it really bugs me when people try to blame others for their own deficiencies, they should at least be honest about the reason they hate the game—which might be because of the visuals, might be because of the lack of content, might be because they’re terrible at it, but it is most certainly not because of terrible controls) but it seems that with the rating levelling out, there’s been an influx of rational people making sensible comments about the game. Oh well. I guess I lose this one.

Flag Post

The same reason that a majority of raters rate a game lower than it deserves is very likely the same reason that a majority of raters rate a game higher than it deserves. It really does go both ways. Most people aren’t qualified to rate games.

Bullshit. The rating drop has nothing to do with whether or not there’s a medium. Evidence? Triangles, a far more annoying shape-themed survival game with a single hard badge that is far harder than the hexagon badge, has a rating of 3.52. So what is the difference? Triangles was released in ’07 and has not been seen on the front page of Kong in years. Hexagon has, through being badged, been exposed to a much higher number of retards. Sad but true.

One piece of evidence does not a fact make. :) My counter-evidence to yours is very easy. Badges drew more people to the game. The game got down-rated. There’s one conclusion you can draw from that. The majority of users did not agree with the previous rating. This is probably because of 2 reasons: it’s no longer being played by either Tourney Players or people hunting for games to play, but instead is now thrust into the attention of the casual player; aaaand now add badges in the picture, which somewhat changes the goals of people who play the game. If many casual players can’t get the hard badges, they don’t feel as good, and may potentially rate a game lower. However, if you gave them a medium badge, and they could get it, then they may feel more satisfied by the experience and not rate the game as low.

Flag Post

This gem needs badges.

I would really like to see Towering Forever get the badges I feel it deserves. Such a good mesh of adventure and TD. It even has Kong API. I’d be interested to hear others’ opinions on this game. Even a single medium badge for completing the game would be awesome.

Flag Post

I would like 3 new badges that are available on Stealing the Diamond.
Easy 5 points
1.Epic Win: beat the game the epic way
2.Undetected: win the undetected way
3. Agressive Win: win the agressive way
Medium 10 points
1. Find the ??? medal

Flag Post

Stealing the Diamond has no API.

Flag Post

You know, I’ve decided that maybe people rated Hexagon low because they just didn’t like it. You’ll have to excuse me, for reason I have an overwhelming urge to listen to the Smiths right now.