Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 292

7853 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Galdos/match-3-fantasy

impossible badge:
get 100 000 points

Don’t propose badges for your own games, especially if they have a rating below 2.5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Galdos/match-3-fantasy

impossible badge:
get 100 000 points

Your game has no API.

Flag Post

Legend of the Void 2 Current Rating: [4.40] Was hoping to wait until API was expanded, but I figure I might as well throw it out there now anyway.

Brawler badge Easy – 5 points
Deal 500 total points of damage.

Southbound badge Medium – 15 points
Begin the quest: Journey to the South (complete Thornwick Demonry)

Baker’s Dozen badge Medium – 15 points
Reach level 13.

World Takeover Attempt Null and Void badge Hard – 30 points
Defeat the Final Boss.

Flag Post

Legend of Pandora (Current Rating: 3.72)

I’m not really sure about actual requirements, because I haven’t played the game much and it seems that not a lot of people that gotten far, but it’s a really fun game. I thought something like this would work:

number of monster kills/total money – Easy
number of quests – Medium
beat the game – Medium/Hard

HUEBRIX (Current rating: 3.69)

Four Corners of the Earth (Easy – 5 points)
Complete Level 8
[ ] Level 8 completed

Life Line (Medium – 15 points)
Get the + block to finish Level 21
[ ] Level 21 completed

All The Colours (Medium – 15 points/Hard – 30 points)
Finish all 35 puzzles
[ ] Level 35 completed

Pheus and Mor (Current rating: 3.65)

[Insert name here] (Medium – 15 points)
Find all 8 keys and open all 16 levels.
[ ] 8 keys found (best so far: )
[ ] 16 levels opened (best so far: )

Pocket Monsters PVP (Current rating: 4.14)

Save the world in 80 days or less.
[ ] Game completed

Red Ball 4 (Vol. 1)

Let’s keep an eye on this one. It has decent API (levels completed and high score), and it has the rating (4.13), it just doesn’t have the views yet. It’s a notDoppler game though, so it should be badgeable.

Flag Post

Red Ball 4 (Vol. 1)

Let’s keep an eye on this one. It has decent API (levels completed and high score), and it has the rating (4.13), it just doesn’t have the views yet. It’s a notDoppler game though, so it should be badgeable.

i agree with this, i believe a medium for beating the game wouldn’t be too unreasonable

Flag Post

just beat red ball 4 and yeah medium at best

Flag Post

I think the following is best:

Easy – 5 points
Beat Level 3

Medium – 15 points
Beat Level 15

Medium – 15 points
Get 35,800 points

The 35,800 points thing is really weird. I had the game beat, all 15 levels with gold medals and all achievements and was missing 7,000 points. I was pretty sure that I had all the stars (would be a nice badge if the API supported it), and had killed all the enemies. But I did a complete re-playthrough and somehow made up the 7,000 missing points. I have no idea where they came from, and it makes me a bit uneasy to suggest it, but it’s still a good badge.

Flag Post

It’s a really quick game but those suggestions seem good.

When I beat the game I was at around 28k points, and I thought I got everything. But then I saw one level wasn’t gold for some reason, so I went back and did that, got the last 2 achievements, and now I have the 35800 score.

Flag Post

I thought the whole game was kind of meh. Too short, too easy, too many checkpoints.
No pain no gain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Pheus and Mor (Current rating: 3.65)

Find all 8 keys and open all 16 levels.
[ ] 8 keys found (best so far: )
[ ] 16 levels opened (best so far: )

How about calling it the Morpheus badge?

Flag Post

This is what popped into my head: Morpheus, Morpheus or Morpheus?

[Edit: Oh, I get it now…]

Flag Post

None of them, actually. It’s Morpheus (Caution, there is an NSFW picture there.)

But seriously, the reason for the name Morpheus badge is because the game is Pheus and Mor. Switch around the two names, et voila, Morpheus!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

None of them, actually. It’s Morpheus (Caution, there is an NSFW picture there.)

But seriously, the reason for the name Morpheus badge is because the game is Pheus and Mor. Switch around the two names, et voila, Morpheus!

ICwutUdidThar

Flag Post

Hordes and Lords Current Rating: [3.97]

Funding a Rebellion badge Easy – 5 points
500 coins collected

Squadron Check In badge Medium – 15 points
Acquire all 8 squads

Royal Ascension badge Medium – 15 points
Complete the Game

Survival doesn’t scale very well, so I don’t think a hard badge would be that great of an idea there, but I’d guess in the range of 1,000 would seem like the right difficulty for a hard badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

I think you’re confusing cause & effect. Also, that game is another meh platformer that doesn’t really deserve badges.

Flag Post

Pheus And Mor already got a challenge but no badges. That’s happened before – generally, if it doesn’t get a badge in a few days (implying there was just a little trouble implementing the badges) it means they have no plans to do so, for one reason or another.

Flag Post

Maybe it’s been suggested, but here’s some ideas for Karoshi Badges.

Note that all names are placeholders; if you DO put these badges in, you’re free to think of better names.

Karoshi: Suicide Salaryman (the first game)

Common Sense Violator (easy): Complete X levels (I recommend between 20 and 30)

Salvation Through Suicide (medium): Complete the game

Glutton For Punishment (medium): Go back for more (after the ending screen, walk right until you die)

Super Karoshi (the second game)

Last Salaryman of Vegeton (easy): Become Super Karoshi

Salaryman Savior (medium): Complete the game

Beyond the End (medium): Find the hidden level (after beating the final level, wait for “the end.” to appear and click the period)

…What. Just…What. (hard-impossible): “Beat” the hidden level (Tab + Enter seems to do the trick).

Forgone Survival (hard-impossible): Complete X levels in “Mugen Karoshi”/Endless mode (badge difficulty depends on number of levels required – maybe around 30-ish for hard and 50-ish for impossible?)

Flag Post

I think you’re confusing cause & effect. Also, that game is another meh platformer that doesn’t really deserve badges.

I am? Please elaborate.

Flag Post

I think a game “deserving” badges is pretty irrelevant, based on previous badged games. It does meet the criteria, so that’s good enough.

Flag Post

Karoshi: Suicide Salaryman doesn’t have API.

Super Karoshi’s API only tracks 1 thing, which is unlabelled and not obvious at first glance. So, really. Only 1 badge can come of it, pretty much. 2 is pushing it and the max.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure that rawismojo has mentioned that the dev for Karoshi doesn’t have the files any more to add API, and that he doesn’t want to give badges to Super Karoshi when there’s only the one stat.

Flag Post

Badge suggestions for Give Up, Robot, hoping the dev will add API.

Swinging Starter Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Complete the first level set
[] 10 levels complete

Don’t Give Up, Robot Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all 50 levels
[] 50 levels complete

Elevator to Hell Badge (impossible ~ 60 points)
Complete hard mode
[] 11 hard mode levels complete

I’m not sure about the imp’s difficulty, as I haven’t completed hard mode myself, but it seems pretty damn hard and certainly harder than Focus, Meatboy, Run 2, or Fold.

Flag Post

Speedruns need to die and burn in hell for forever.

Flag Post

If it’s for under 10 minutes, it’s much more about doing it without dying than going for speed, and is pretty lenient imo. Actually, now that I think about it, just completing hard mode would be a much better imp than completing normal mode in under X minutes (even though I loved speedrunning it for Wii’s tourney.)

Flag Post

This.

Speedruns for me take all the fun out of a game.