Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 294

7853 posts

Flag Post

Lock-n-Roll may be too reliant on luck for a hard badge to be appropriate.
(It’s also old and not that highly rated.)

Perhaps an easy badge at 250 or 750 to tie in with the first or second joker acquisition would be good, with the medium badge at a more arbitrary level, probably 5,000 points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

Lock-n-Roll may be too reliant on luck for a hard badge to be appropriate.
(It’s also old and not that highly rated.)

Perhaps an easy badge at 250 or 750 to tie in with the first or second joker acquisition would be good, with the medium badge at a more arbitrary level, probably 5,000 points.

It’s not as luck based as you think.

Any horizontal, vertical, diagonal line is a match. Any square is a match. 4 corners are a match, and there are 4 ways to clear squares. It requires a fair amount of strategy because you have to think about matching in multiple different ways.

Of course there is luck, but I would put the luck element to fairly low, for a dice game anyway.

Flag Post

Someone make AdultSwim add API to their more recent games.

Give Up, Robot

Swinging Starter Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Complete the first level set
[] 10 levels complete

Don’t Give Up, Robot Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all 50 levels
[] 50 levels complete

Elevator to Hell Badge (impossible ~ 60 points)
Complete hard mode
[] 11 hard mode levels complete

House of Dead Ninjas

Monochrome Madness Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Reach the white zone at floor 45
[] Floor 45 reached

White Death Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Score 50,000 points
[] 50,000 points scored

I’m not sure about the House of Dead Ninjas hard. I kind of suck at the game, so I can’t really judge that very well.
EDIT: Would 75,000 be better? I got 95k last night, and the current hard seems kind of easy now.
EDIT EDIT: Never mind these suggestions. Now I’m thinking an easy for 10,000 and a hard for floor 250-300.

Cardboard Box Assembler

Fourth Dimension Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Complete the first bonus level
[] Bonus level complete

Disco Cube Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete Trip VII
[] Trip VII complete

Cardboard Continuity Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all 4 bonus levels
[] 4 bonus levels complete

Sorry, names are kind of crappy.

Flag Post

But you forgot Escape from Puppy Death Factory!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ratolibre1:

But you forgot Escape from Puppy Death Factory!

I have absolutely no idea what to do for the names, but an easy for a single puppy, medium for 10, and hard for all 31 + leaving the planet sounds good to me. Possibly cut out the medium. Maybe.

Flag Post

The last chapter of the Hood series is out now.

Hood Episode 4: Memories (current rating: 3.93)

Devil May Cry Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Bring the story to its end.
[ ] Game complete (best so far: )

There could also be a badge for finding all three hidden artifacts, but it doesn’t really seem necessary.

Flag Post

Papa’s Hot Doggeria (Current rating: 3.33 and rising)

Hot Diggity Dog Badge (easy – 5 points)
Unlock a second meat

Papa’s Badgeria Badge (medium/hard)
Earn XX badges

Please, don’t start bashing the idea of badging Hot Doggeria in this thread. This isn’t the place. I know someone will inevitably say something though. The rating is going to go up, and you know it. It is most likely going to get badges, and you know it. So please don’t moan about it here.

Flag Post

I agree with Maist’s badges, though I’d maybe add a second medium…

Three Strikes and Out! Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Get 3 silver customers
[ ] 3 silver customers gotten

Flag Post

Sounds great to me, you two! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Papa’s Hot Doggeria (Current rating: 3.33 and rising)

Hot Diggity Dog Badge (easy – 5 points)
Unlock a second meat

Papa’s Badgeria Badge (medium/hard)
Earn XX badges

Please, don’t start bashing the idea of badging Hot Doggeria in this thread. This isn’t the place. I know someone will inevitably say something though. The rating is going to go up, and you know it. It is most likely going to get badges, and you know it. So please don’t moan about it here.

moans about it here

Flag Post

Reply to badging Give Up, Robot, my second favorite game.

¹ – This badge is harder than the other mediums on Kogregate!

Given the Robot a Score / Fight the Oppression Badge (easy – 5 points)
Complete the first 10 levels.
[ ] 10 levels complete.

Reverse Psychology / Stubborn This Way Badge (medium¹ – 15 points)
Complete the Normal Mode.
[ ] Normal Mode complete.

Teleporting Memories Badge (impossible – 60 points)
Only a fool does the same thing twice expecting different results. Complete the Hard Mode.
[ ] Hard Mode complete – You’ve been told from the very beginning the cake was a lie.

EDIT: For Cardboard Box Assembler, I’d recommend the names Six Sided Sanity, This Side Up, Thinking Inside The Box, Intermetamorphosis, Double Walker Box, We Make Deliria, …

Flag Post

GUR’s badge difficulties I really don’t know what to say about; normal mode completion falls into that area between medium and hard, and hard mode falls into that area between hard and imp, but if normal mode is a hard then hard mode should be an imp… the easy’s easy to decide on though.

Flag Post

If 60 seconds of Hexagon’s worth an easy-hard combo, then I’m pretty sure 50 levels of Give Up Robot qualifies too—if not an easy-medium-hard. And I think an impossible for the hard level set would be OK, because when you first attempt it, it really does seem impossible (especially level 6. Fucking level 6).

All this is academic though because Adult Swim ain’t going to add api because laziness. And if they do, GregisMojo ain’t going to add badges because fearofannoyingineptgamerswhoexpecthardbadgestobelongbutnotactuallyhard. And let’s face it, IGWEHBTBLBNAH are the majority.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

it really does seem impossible (especially level 6. Fucking level 6).

Interesting… my first run level 7 took waaaaaay longer than level 6.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that last bit of the post, Give Up Robot at least has a fairly large amount of plays and ratings and a 3.86 or so.

EDIT @ Lou: Odd, a lot of people seem to have trouble with 6, but I’ve never had much trouble with it, just 3, 7, 8, and 11 really :P

Flag Post

Level 7 was a problem the second time I played hard mode. Level 6 was the problem the first time, which is when it’ll count.

And it’s called reverse psychology.

Flag Post

soccer balls 2

easy – 300 coins
medium- complete 36 levels

Flag Post

IGWEHBTBLBNAH

huhwhatnow?

Flag Post

Inept gamers who expect hard badges to be long but not actually hard.
Suppose I should post some badge suggestions
Gregmaniacs
Why this game no have badges?
Easy – earn 500 experience
Medium – unlock all the gregs (no stat)
Hard – get Greg to work in under 1:30 (2,700 frames) so he can make more badges.

Flag Post

Myosotis Chapter 2

Forget-me-Not Badge (Medium ~ 15 points)
Complete part 2 of your adventure.
[ ] Game completed.

This is a beautiful game series and well deserving of badges. If only the first had API.

Flag Post

Earn to Die 2012

(It would need the right API)

easy badge: Unlock the bus.

medium badge: Complete the campaign.

Flag Post

Drop Dead 3

It’s been ages since I’ve played this so someone will need to test for difficulty, I don’t remember it being very hard at all. I don’t have much time right now.

Badge for getting the brains(med), beating the game(med), and Free Play score hard badge for maybe…1million?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Inept gamers who expect hard badges to be long but not actually hard.
Suppose I should post some badge suggestions
Gregmaniacs
Why this game no have badges?
Easy – earn 500 experience
Medium – unlock all the gregs (no stat)
Hard – get Greg to work in under 1:30 (2,700 frames) so he can make more badges.

That’s one helluva hard badge.

Flag Post

Soccer Balls 2

Gold Stars for You Badge (Easy ~ 5 points)

Score 10,000 points

Go BALListic Badge (hard ~ 30 points)

Complete all 36 levels and collect: 30 gold stars, 8 trophies and 900 coins

Crap names, I know :P

Flag Post

the last dino

current rating 3.32

it tracks 2 stats, deaths and letters collected, sadly the letters collected stat looks to be broken but the deaths works just fine as long as you re-do the finally to submit them,

i have no idea on badge names and such likes, im always in awe of you lot who can do that, i just wanted to put this game p here and see what happens with it

Flag Post

3.32 is too low. I haven’t seen anything under 3.5 badged. I think the preference is >3.8