Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 302

7875 posts

Flag Post

Not so much a badge suggestion as it is satisfying the OCD aliens in my brain, but I’d love to see Vector Stunts hard badge rounded down to an attainable amount while the game’s broken. The bug that’s broken the game has been closed so it doesn’t look like it’s going to get fixed any time soon.

I’d reccommend rounding it down to about 150,000 which is a pretty hard amount to get but not completely unreasonable. But that’s just me.

Flag Post

Well, depending on how OCD you are, you could temporarily downgrade your Flash player. From the bug page, it looks like the bug was introduced in 11.3, so you could download the 11.2 version here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.2.202.273_archive.zip

It’s a bit of a pain, but I remember doing this (going from 10 to 9) for the first two Mardeks before he rewrote them all, and it wasn’t too bad.

Flag Post

simian.interface (current rating 3.90) [NO API]

Primitive Thinking Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game
[ ] Game completed

Flag Post

^ 1/5 not “I Like To Thinking”

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Earned Respect

Easy ~ 5 points

Defeat Mighty Oak.

Stolen Crystal

Medium ~ 15 points

Enter Whitefall Town

Hoarder

Hard ~ 30 points

Open 160 chest

The well-known legend

Impossible ~ 60 points

-Defeat the final boss on Epic
-Defeat the glitch on any difficulty
-Get all 76 medals

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 [current rating: 4.68]

Zoology Studies Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Scan 5 unique foes with the scan bot
[ ] 5 foes scanned — Find Matt, then use the scan bot in battles from the Summon tab.

Carrying Stuff to Random NPCs Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete 10 NPC quests
[ ] 10 quests completed — This can be a tad bit long, since you should have 12 quests unlocked at Whitefall Town. It’s not that bad, though!

Templar Exemplar Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete the game on any difficulty
[ ] Game completed — This can be done on any difficulty!

Division by Zero Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Glitch on any difficulty
[ ] The Glitch defeated — This can be done on any difficulty! Protip: The boss dodges or absorbs all elemental attacks. What is the only attack type left?

Flag Post

Fear Less! (Rating: 3.70)

Wannabe Track Star Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Run 100 meters
[ ] 100 meters ran (Best so far: )

Forest Frolicker Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Run 500 meters
[ ] 500 meters ran (Best so far: )

Think Happy Thoughts Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Nightmare
[ ] Nightmare defeated (To do this, you must collect all other in-game medals other than the Sunshine medal)

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (current rating: 4.69)

Timber! Challenge
Defeat Mighty Oak on any difficulty to earn an [item] in [game].
[ ] Mighty Oak defeated (any difficulty) (best so far: )

“If It Wasn’t For You Medalling Kids!” Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Earn any 10 in-game medals.
[ ] 10 in-game medals earned (best so far: )

Anna the Explorer Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Open 80 chests, scan 30 foes, and find 15 secrets.
[ ] 80 chests opened (best so far: )
[ ] 30 foes scanned (best so far: )
[ ] 15 secrets found (best so far: )

Glitches Get Stitches Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Glitch.
[ ] The Glitch defeated (any difficulty) (best so far: )

Beyond Good and Evil Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Finish the game, and save the world yet again.
[ ] Game complete (best so far: )

Originally posted by Bluji:

Don’t steal my names, Bluji!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

Don’t steal my names, Bluji!

You don’t own them :P

Fine, I just thought that’d fit here well. (no idea)

Flag Post

Beating Glitch isn’t that hard once you figure it out. I mean, the strategy basically boils down to:
1. Equip your non-Natz characters (I used Matt and Anna, but it really does not matter at all) with non-elemental weapons.
2. Make sure you have 10-20 coffees to free Natz up from reviving.
3. Spam Star Showers, they kill the sidekicks instantly so you only have to Rez one person a turn, and it will also damage the center guy.

And step 1 can pass in a pinch, although it makes it easier. It’s literally that simple, since all of the attacks auto-kill exactly one player and ignore death resistance.

Seriously, though, it took me like, 5 minutes to figure out, tops. I don’t think the game needs a hard badge beyond game completion, since godcat actually is a pretty decent challenge.

Flag Post

I sort of want the beat the game badge for EBF4 to be “Better than the Sun King”, but I’m not sure if that’s too much of a spoiler. (Alternatively, one of the inevitable Cat God versus Sun King 2 badges could be “Egyptian Battle Fantasy”.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I sort of want the beat the game badge for EBF4 to be “Better than the Sun King”, but I’m not sure if that’s too much of a spoiler. (Alternatively, one of the inevitable Cat God versus Sun King 2 badges could be “Egyptian Battle Fantasy”.)

I actually agree, this is a really cool idea to crossover badge names on two games released at about the same time that will most likely get badged at the same time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I did find it kinda amusing that two of the three “hot new games” are about cat gods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Beating Glitch isn’t that hard once you figure it out. I mean, the strategy basically boils down to:
1. Equip your non-Natz characters (I used Matt and Anna, but it really does not matter at all) with non-elemental weapons.
3. Spam Star Showers, they kill the sidekicks instantly so you only have to Rez one person a turn, and it will also damage the center guy.

And step 1 can pass in a pinch, although it makes it easier. It’s literally that simple, since all of the attacks auto-kill exactly one player and ignore death resistance.

Seriously, though, it took me like, 5 minutes to figure out, tops. I don’t think the game needs a hard badge beyond game completion, since godcat actually is a pretty decent challenge.

Beating the Glitch as a hard badge isn’t so much about difficulty as it is about game length. EBF4 is a long game, long enough that two hards are warranted. Beating the Glitch works as a good second hard because it is sufficiently far into the game to sync with hard badge length expectations, is optional (and thus won’t be auto-earned in conjunction with game completion), and requires at least some strategy, even if that strategy is pretty basic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Beating the Glitch as a hard badge isn’t so much about difficulty as it is about game length. EBF4 is a long game, long enough that two hards are warranted. Beating the Glitch works as a good second hard because it is sufficiently far into the game to sync with hard badge length expectations, is optional (and thus won’t be auto-earned in conjunction with game completion), and requires at least some strategy, even if that strategy is pretty basic.

True, EBF4 took the longest of any flash RPG I’ve played except Mardek 3 (although there’s no comparison there, my “first time out explore everything” run of EBF took less time than my speedrun of Mardek). I just wish there was a tougher target for it besides Gotcat – like the secret boss in EBF3 apparently was (although I’m mostly going on word of mouth on this one, since I could never get a high enough score on the last minigame to get all 60 medals needed to access it.

Flag Post

Cyclomaniacs Epic could definitely use a few badges. The API seems rather limited right now, either that or it’s hidden, but I’m sure the devs will have no problems adding in necessary stats.

Hells Bells Badge (Easy ~ 5 points)
Unlock your first bell.

STARt Your Engines! Badge (Medium ~ 15 points)
Collect 200 stars across levels

Tour de Epic Badge (Hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all level challenges.

Maybe a second medium for game completion, if there is a part of the game that is considered “the end”. I’m unsure as if there is, I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe something linked to the in game achievements. I’ll probably edit this later with another suggestion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyNameIsNothing:

Maybe a second medium for game completion, if there is a part of the game that is considered “the end”. I’m unsure as if there is, I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe something linked to the in game achievements. I’ll probably edit this later with another suggestion.

Getting first in the all Haddock race called Pillars of Mars (which unlocks Haddock mode) is essentially game completion. In any case, there should be a badge for unlocking Haddock Mode, and by itself that badge would be a hard badge.

Flag Post

The only thing I’d ask is that none of the badges have anything to do with sneaky starts….they seem to be nigh impossible to do in this episode. I’ve now got all the awards, except for the sneaky start ones, and I’ve managed to do a sneaky start twice.

Flag Post

Sneaky starts are easy once you figure it out. Press up after the clapper begins the upward rise, yet before it reaches the top.

Flag Post

I needed to see in the in game hints for how to do sneaky starts consistently (and also for how to rick roll).

Flag Post

Thanks. That helped a lot. Except for now I feel like a fool.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyNameIsNothing:

Cyclomaniacs Epic could definitely use a few badges. The API seems rather limited right now, either that or it’s hidden, but I’m sure the devs will have no problems adding in necessary stats.

Hells Bells Badge (Easy ~ 5 points)
Unlock your first bell.

STARt Your Engines! Badge (Medium ~ 15 points)
Collect 200 stars across levels

Tour de Epic Badge (Hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all level challenges.

There is a final level. You get a cut scene after it.

I have done everything except some of the achievements for winning x race with y racer and z bike, but I think these are good badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

I have done everything except some of the achievements for winning x race with y racer and z bike, but I think these are good badges.

If you click on those achievements in the achievement screen (and you have everything necessary unlocked), it will automatically start the appropriate race/racer/bike combo. (You might already know this, but since only one of those races is actually hard to win, I figured the difficulty was might be remembering the appropriate combo.)

Flag Post

Give Up [no visible API]

Laser Taster Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Survive the first 20 floors and face your first laser
[ ] Floor 21 reached

Never Gonna Give (You) Up Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Survive all 40 floors
[ ] Game completed — This is harder than your average medium.

And then an irritating hard for either low deaths or time if one is necessary.

Flag Post

Give Up [no visible API]

I think that completing the game is definitely a hard badge.