Forums Kongregate

Badge Suggestions! page 302

7853 posts

Flag Post

Three very different kinds of platformers, and a fourth game that isn’t going to make me popular with a lot of people in here.

Ode to Pixel Days (current rating: 3.82) [NEEDS API]

Hans, Solo Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete the game.
[ ] Game complete (best so far: )

Fractured (current rating: 3.75) [NEEDS API]

Family Portrait Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the story.
[ ] Main story levels complete (best so far: )

noitcelfeR 2 (current rating: 3.54) [NEEDS API]

Cash4Goal Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Earn 60 coins across all levels.
[ ] 60 coins earned (best so far: )

OMG PAX Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete every level pack.
[ ] Beginner, Easy, Medium Packs complete (best so far: )
[ ] Hard, Expert Packs complete (best so far: )
[ ] Invisible, Small, Big Packs complete (best so far: )

The Last Stand: Dead Zone (current rating: 4.46)

Education Doesn’t End with the End of the World Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Complete the tutorial.
[ ] Tutorial complete (best so far: )

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Attract three other survivors to your compound.
[ ] Four survivors (best so far: )

Cleanliness is Next to Deadliness Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Clear all 35 junk piles from your compound.
[ ] 35 junk piles removed (best so far: )

Zone of the Enders Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Reach level 16.
[ ] Level 16 achieved (best so far: )

Flag Post

Forgive the double post, but it’s been a couple days, and I have a couple more suggestions.

Renegade Racing (current rating: 3.99)

Just Win, Baby Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Win a race.
[ ]First race won (best so far: )

Duodecimal System Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete the first 12 races.
[ ] 12 races complete (best so far: )

Great Scott! Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Unlock and purchase the TARDIS (which bares just a slight resemblance to a DeLorean).
[ ] TARDIS unlocked (best so far: )

The Colossus of Roads Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Finish every race in first place, and complete every mission.
[ ] All races complete (first place) (best so far: )
[ ] All missions complete (best so far: )

Code Fred: Survival Mode (current rating: 3.73) [NEEDS API]

Better Fred Than Dead Badge (easy/medium ~ 5/15 points)
Finish the game.
[ ] Fred saved (best so far: )

Flag Post

If a Great Scott badge is made, this video has to be referenced. :P

Flag Post

HunterStory -
Badge for reaching level 10
Badge for beating king slime with an s

Flag Post

I suggest giving badges to games that arent “MMO” (games that are single player grindfests with PVP) games that beg for money every minute.

Flag Post

One of Lou’s qualifier challenges in the current tournament turned out to be completing any or all of the Submachine games. As one of the biggest Submachine fans on Kong, I’m inspired to bring back these suggestions again. Someone really needs to get a hold of Mateusz Skutnik and encourage him to implement better API.

Submachine 1: the basement (current rating: 3.91) [NEEDS API]

To the Lighthouse Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game.
[ ] Game complete – either door is fine (best so far: )

Submachine 2: the lighthouse (current rating: 3.81)

A Light in the Attic Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game.

No Secret Left Behind Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Collect all 20 secrets, then complete the game.
[ ] 20 Secrets collected (best so far: )

Submachine 3: the loop (current rating: 3.66) [NEEDS API]

A Leaf of Faith Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game with the good ending.
[ ] Good ending achieved (best so far: )

“He Chose Poorly” Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game with the bad ending.
[ ] Bad ending achieved (best so far: )

Submachine 4: the Lab (current rating: 3.92)

Subnetworking Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete the game.

Encyclopedia Submechanica Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Collect every secret, and use them to unlock all the bonus material.
[ ] 21 Secrets used (best so far: )

Submachine 5: the root (current rating: 3.89)

Darkness of the Unknown Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Venture into the darkness.

The Commentary Tales Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Collect all 5 secrets, and use them to unlock the bonus material.
[ ] 5 Secrets used (best so far: )

Submachine 6: the edge (current rating: 3.83) [NEEDS API]

NetHack Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete the game.

Deus ex Submachina Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Access all the secret locations.
[ ] All 5 secrets accessed (best so far: )

Submachine 7: the Core (current rating 4.06) [NEEDS API]

Brokedown Palace Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Pass though the first gateway to reach the Winter Palace.
[ ] Winter Palace reached (best so far: )

Karma Construction Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete the game.

Sight into Insight Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Use all 5 Tokens in the Super Secret Bonus Area to view the bonus material.
[ ] 5 Tokens collected (best so far: )
[ ] Secret area found (best so far: )

Submachine 8: the Plan (current rating: 4.02)

Forest of Recursion Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Unlock the third button on the mysterious device and reach the third area.
[ ] Forest dimension reached (best so far: )

Schrodinger’s Catharsis Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete the game.

Spacetime Capsule Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Find all five secrets.
[ ] 5 secrets discovered (best so far: )

Flag Post

Enigmata: Stellar War

Universe Freedom (?) Badge: 30 points. Defeat Villalobos on any difficulty in …
OR: Achieve 15 perfects or higher in … (this implies defeating Villalobos).
Relevant stats: “Victor” achievement, or “Perfects”=15.

Ultimate Insanity Eliminator Badge: 60 points. Defeat Villalobos on Insane difficulty in …
Relevant stats: “Insane” achievement.

PS: sorry, can’t test with debug level from here, moreover I don’t have my save here (that doesn’t have impossible badge reqs fulfilled).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adrokila:

Cloudstone (Current Rating: 4.11) (Adventure RPG)

Challenge (optional) – Complete Mudfalls Island
Reward: Enchanted Cutlass

A Bejeweled Twist (optional) Badge (easy – 5 points)
Complete Island’s Edge on Sassafras Island. (best so far: )
[ ] Island’s Edge completed. Go get your awesome sword back!

Island Hopper Badge (easy – 5 points)
Reach Level 10. (best so far: )
[ ] Level 10 reached. This shouldn’t take very long.

Off To See The Narwhal Badge (medium – 15 points)
Complete Glaciella Island. (best so far: )
[ ] Glaciella Island completed. The boss of this Island is quite dangerous, but also quite simple.

Troublesome Tentacles Badge (hard – 30 points)
Defeat Octoboss Unleashed on Grotto Isles.
[ ] Octoboss Unleashed defeated. (best so far: ) There is a strategy to this fight, that mainly involves patience, summoning sacrifices and a lot of dodging. Even high levels have trouble with it. You’ll have a lot of fun. :P

Double Trouble Badge (hard – 30 points)
Defeat the Priest Trollgre and Chief Trollgre on Mondomesa Island.
[ ] Trollgres defeated. (best so far: ) The Fake Faerie Wings can help a lot for this fight.

This game was on the front page of Kong a while back, but people left because of the previously implemented Energy system. The game has been updated a lot since then, but our numbers are dropping, and we really need more people so that some features (that depend on the amount of players, like PvP) are made fair again. I’m putting this here because this game is really underrated, it’s an awesome game that not many people have heard of or have been turned away by the look of it, and I’d really hate to see it go. Even so, it has a rating above 4.1 stars.

About the game itself, yes, it does have an energy system, BUT, the energy system is only for PvP or boosts in the main game. It does have paying features, but it’s not the usual ‘P2Win in your face buy now’ sort of paying features, it’s just a little bonus to the game to support the developers (the early paying equipment can be outclassed by later free equipment). Not only that, but the game has multiple ways of allowing you to get the paying currency for free. With or without paying features, the game itself is still quite challenging (but not impossible) and fun to play, and that’s what many players (including myself) like about it. There is also no time limit to how long you can play, and you don’t have to wait for anything (except Level cooldowns)

The game has inspiration from other RPG’s in it with the gameplay and style (Diablo being the most noticeable), and also has various game/movie references as you go along. It even has a good sense of humor at times.

The badges would be a great help to the game and its community, and it might even be good for you if you decide to give it a shot when you’re bored. We are a friendly bunch, and will gladly accept new people to interact with.

Also, this player-made FAQ is a good thing to keep handy: Cloudstone FAQ

I agree, Cloudstone is a great game, it really got a lot better during the last months, plus it’s very free friendly. It deserves to be known by more people!

Flag Post

MediavalShark

Anti monarchy badge (easy ~ 5 points)
() Kill the royal family

Shark (K)night badge (medium~ 15 points)
() Score 3,5 mil points

Shark vs Dragon badge (medium ~ 15 points)
() Kill the big dragon

Flag Post

Not so much a badge suggestion as it is satisfying the OCD aliens in my brain, but I’d love to see Vector Stunts hard badge rounded down to an attainable amount while the game’s broken. The bug that’s broken the game has been closed so it doesn’t look like it’s going to get fixed any time soon.

I’d reccommend rounding it down to about 150,000 which is a pretty hard amount to get but not completely unreasonable. But that’s just me.

Flag Post

Well, depending on how OCD you are, you could temporarily downgrade your Flash player. From the bug page, it looks like the bug was introduced in 11.3, so you could download the 11.2 version here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.2.202.273_archive.zip

It’s a bit of a pain, but I remember doing this (going from 10 to 9) for the first two Mardeks before he rewrote them all, and it wasn’t too bad.

Flag Post

simian.interface (current rating 3.90) [NO API]

Primitive Thinking Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Finish the game
[ ] Game completed

Flag Post

^ 1/5 not “I Like To Thinking”

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4

Earned Respect

Easy ~ 5 points

Defeat Mighty Oak.

Stolen Crystal

Medium ~ 15 points

Enter Whitefall Town

Hoarder

Hard ~ 30 points

Open 160 chest

The well-known legend

Impossible ~ 60 points

-Defeat the final boss on Epic
-Defeat the glitch on any difficulty
-Get all 76 medals

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 [current rating: 4.68]

Zoology Studies Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Scan 5 unique foes with the scan bot
[ ] 5 foes scanned — Find Matt, then use the scan bot in battles from the Summon tab.

Carrying Stuff to Random NPCs Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Complete 10 NPC quests
[ ] 10 quests completed — This can be a tad bit long, since you should have 12 quests unlocked at Whitefall Town. It’s not that bad, though!

Templar Exemplar Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Complete the game on any difficulty
[ ] Game completed — This can be done on any difficulty!

Division by Zero Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Glitch on any difficulty
[ ] The Glitch defeated — This can be done on any difficulty! Protip: The boss dodges or absorbs all elemental attacks. What is the only attack type left?

Flag Post

Fear Less! (Rating: 3.70)

Wannabe Track Star Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Run 100 meters
[ ] 100 meters ran (Best so far: )

Forest Frolicker Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Run 500 meters
[ ] 500 meters ran (Best so far: )

Think Happy Thoughts Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Nightmare
[ ] Nightmare defeated (To do this, you must collect all other in-game medals other than the Sunshine medal)

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (current rating: 4.69)

Timber! Challenge
Defeat Mighty Oak on any difficulty to earn an [item] in [game].
[ ] Mighty Oak defeated (any difficulty) (best so far: )

“If It Wasn’t For You Medalling Kids!” Badge (easy ~ 5 points)
Earn any 10 in-game medals.
[ ] 10 in-game medals earned (best so far: )

Anna the Explorer Badge (medium ~ 15 points)
Open 80 chests, scan 30 foes, and find 15 secrets.
[ ] 80 chests opened (best so far: )
[ ] 30 foes scanned (best so far: )
[ ] 15 secrets found (best so far: )

Glitches Get Stitches Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Defeat the Glitch.
[ ] The Glitch defeated (any difficulty) (best so far: )

Beyond Good and Evil Badge (hard ~ 30 points)
Finish the game, and save the world yet again.

Originally posted by Bluji:

Don’t steal my names, Bluji!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Bluji:

Don’t steal my names, Bluji!

You don’t own them :P

Fine, I just thought that’d fit here well. (no idea)

Flag Post

Beating Glitch isn’t that hard once you figure it out. I mean, the strategy basically boils down to:
1. Equip your non-Natz characters (I used Matt and Anna, but it really does not matter at all) with non-elemental weapons.
2. Make sure you have 10-20 coffees to free Natz up from reviving.
3. Spam Star Showers, they kill the sidekicks instantly so you only have to Rez one person a turn, and it will also damage the center guy.

And step 1 can pass in a pinch, although it makes it easier. It’s literally that simple, since all of the attacks auto-kill exactly one player and ignore death resistance.

Seriously, though, it took me like, 5 minutes to figure out, tops. I don’t think the game needs a hard badge beyond game completion, since godcat actually is a pretty decent challenge.

Flag Post

I sort of want the beat the game badge for EBF4 to be “Better than the Sun King”, but I’m not sure if that’s too much of a spoiler. (Alternatively, one of the inevitable Cat God versus Sun King 2 badges could be “Egyptian Battle Fantasy”.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I sort of want the beat the game badge for EBF4 to be “Better than the Sun King”, but I’m not sure if that’s too much of a spoiler. (Alternatively, one of the inevitable Cat God versus Sun King 2 badges could be “Egyptian Battle Fantasy”.)

I actually agree, this is a really cool idea to crossover badge names on two games released at about the same time that will most likely get badged at the same time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I did find it kinda amusing that two of the three “hot new games” are about cat gods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Beating Glitch isn’t that hard once you figure it out. I mean, the strategy basically boils down to:
1. Equip your non-Natz characters (I used Matt and Anna, but it really does not matter at all) with non-elemental weapons.
3. Spam Star Showers, they kill the sidekicks instantly so you only have to Rez one person a turn, and it will also damage the center guy.

And step 1 can pass in a pinch, although it makes it easier. It’s literally that simple, since all of the attacks auto-kill exactly one player and ignore death resistance.

Seriously, though, it took me like, 5 minutes to figure out, tops. I don’t think the game needs a hard badge beyond game completion, since godcat actually is a pretty decent challenge.

Beating the Glitch as a hard badge isn’t so much about difficulty as it is about game length. EBF4 is a long game, long enough that two hards are warranted. Beating the Glitch works as a good second hard because it is sufficiently far into the game to sync with hard badge length expectations, is optional (and thus won’t be auto-earned in conjunction with game completion), and requires at least some strategy, even if that strategy is pretty basic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Beating the Glitch as a hard badge isn’t so much about difficulty as it is about game length. EBF4 is a long game, long enough that two hards are warranted. Beating the Glitch works as a good second hard because it is sufficiently far into the game to sync with hard badge length expectations, is optional (and thus won’t be auto-earned in conjunction with game completion), and requires at least some strategy, even if that strategy is pretty basic.

True, EBF4 took the longest of any flash RPG I’ve played except Mardek 3 (although there’s no comparison there, my “first time out explore everything” run of EBF took less time than my speedrun of Mardek). I just wish there was a tougher target for it besides Gotcat – like the secret boss in EBF3 apparently was (although I’m mostly going on word of mouth on this one, since I could never get a high enough score on the last minigame to get all 60 medals needed to access it.

Flag Post

Cyclomaniacs Epic could definitely use a few badges. The API seems rather limited right now, either that or it’s hidden, but I’m sure the devs will have no problems adding in necessary stats.

Hells Bells Badge (Easy ~ 5 points)
Unlock your first bell.

STARt Your Engines! Badge (Medium ~ 15 points)
Collect 200 stars across levels

Tour de Epic Badge (Hard ~ 30 points)
Complete all level challenges.

Maybe a second medium for game completion, if there is a part of the game that is considered “the end”. I’m unsure as if there is, I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe something linked to the in game achievements. I’ll probably edit this later with another suggestion.