Forums Kongregate

Exciting big time news! Kongregate's been acquired by GameStop! page 45 (locked)

1153 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheDavidCarney:

GameStop is a public company so the number will be released at some point, I believe.

Yayayay

Flag Post

I think kongregate made a good choice . i <3 you kongregate lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by TemplarKnight65:

I think kongregate made a good choice . i <3 you kongregate lol

A bit slow to the cake, aren’t you?

Flag Post

I hope you plan on rewarding your well seasoned beta users.. mabe a button?… No! An ID Card!…. oh i got it, a Kongregate white labeled memebers only jacket? Cleats? :/

I’m very happy for you all!

Kongratz!

Flag Post

Most of the people who work for Gamestop (or gamestop it’s self) are people who want money. they may have changes like, Five dollars to make an account. Or, Twenty dollars for 10,000 points. Or might come up with something to make you background for your account cooler. Ten dollars! Think about it. (I was joking about the first one.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 2640ICSx:

Most of the people who work for Gamestop (or gamestop it’s self) are people who want money. they may have changes like, Five dollars to make an account. Or, Twenty dollars for 10,000 points. Or might come up with something to make you background for your account cooler. Ten dollars! Think about it. (I was joking about the first one.)

Most people who work at any job are people who want money. That’s what employment is. You work, they give you money.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcZqXT222Ps

Flag Post
Seriously – Can we haz stufz?
ACTUALLY! We’re trying to hook you guys up with some rad stuff to reward the time and energy you put into Kongregate. The plan is to do this through GameStop’s PowerUp rewards program.

When is it?

Flag Post

The plan is to do this through GameStop’s PowerUp rewards program.

Yeah sure…. Game stop and free rewards.

Did anyone else notice the front page already looks like crap?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkroot:

I think it looks good.

Flag Post

You don’t get “free” rewards… you have to buy GS card and redeem it.

Flag Post

Are they going to Battle Toads on the site?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkroot:

It’s a temporary rollout between three different layouts.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/115309-hmm-yea-or-nea-new-featured-games

Flag Post

could have been worse, yahoo could have bought us, look what they did with geo-cities and “the all seeing eye”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_All-Seeing_Eye

Flag Post

Well, I’m having trouble resisting the urge to start screaming about evil companies taking over my internets. That’s mostly an impulse though. I’d just like to know more about what’s happening in specifics. Why did Gamestop buy (besides the “they like us” PR)? Is Gamestop going to clusterfuck the site with ads? Who owns stuff? Who’s pays for stuff?

Still, kongrats to you guys for having such dedication that a company like Gamestop wants to buy. Awesome job.

Flag Post

Thats awesome

Flag Post

GAMESTOP BETTER HAVE COOKIEZ

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Gamestop truly understands gaming. Glad to see more things will be added to the site, with more resources, and possibly a KONGREGATE COMMERCIAL? :3

Seriously, I want to spit out my cheerios one morning after seeing Greg do some sort of dance.

I don’t think cheerios would be enough. You might have to take a bite of a cupcake or something to get the full effect.

Flag Post

well, I`m a regular costumer in a nearby Gamestop Shop. So…no prob with that. XD

Flag Post

damn

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Hmm.. I guess we will see what happens.

Flag Post

another small business bytes the dust… glad the site will be better, but I can’t congratulate another win for cooperate America…. Boo I say..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_G:
Originally posted by dogchef:

another small business bytes the dust… glad the site will be better, but I can’t congratulate another win for cooperate America…. Boo I say..

Are all the mistakes intentional?

methinks not :/

Flag Post

awesome