Forums Kongregate

The Kongregate King (Winner announced!) (locked)

2257 posts

Flag Post

Index

Unlike other tournaments, I think I'll just make this into one thread, and here I'll be linking to the posts showing what the round is, what mode it is, etc.
  1. Qualifier: Particles
  2. Round 1: Panic
  3. Round 2: Turkey Fling
  4. Round 3: Dodge
  5. Round 4: Epic Coaster
  6. Round 5: This Is Why You're Fat: In Sixty Seconds
  7. Round 6: Doeo
  8. Round 7: Kimono Kim
  9. Round 8: Epic Combo!
  10. Quarterfinal: Scribble!
  11. Semifinal: In3structoTank!
  12. Finals: Balance Balls 2
  13. Finals: Solipskier
  14. Finals: The Line Game: Orange Edition

Flag Post

What “the Kongregate King” is

The Kongregate King is a Kongregate competition hosted by me and with help from Jacob, Payton, Selly, Wii and VG.

Kongregate competitions are tournaments in which players wanting to participate post a screenshot of a score of the game (in the Qualifier round it’ll be any score higher than the score shown will get to the next round, in the other rounds, if your score is too low, you cannot get to the following round).

In each round, if you’d like to get to the next one, you’ll have to post a good enough score. You can know if your score is bad or good by checking if you’re in the “Red Zone” (which are the players whose names are highlighted in red in the spredsheet as they can’t get through to the next round), you can see if you are in it, by checking out the spreadsheet.

No hacking is allowed. Don’t fool us, we’ll know if you have hacked the game or edited the screenshot. If you spot someone with a modified score, do not say it publicly, whisper me and we’ll look in to it.

Screenshots must have your green plug on the top right of the chat proving you’re signed in and the highscores tab under the Today tab, so that we can see the screenshot is from today. In the screenshot, we must see your scores tab with your score and your score in the game must be matching.

At the end of the tournament, the winner will be unofficially claimed as “the Kongregate King”.

Flag Post

Spreadsheet

We made a spreadsheet in which we’ll update the current score, link to the games and show who has qualified for the next round. To see the spreadsheet, simply go to http://bit.ly/TheKongregateKing.

Flag Post

How to take a screenshot

If you’d like to participate, you must take a screenshot of your score in the game and then post it in this thread. If you’d like to know how to take a screenshot, click here.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Feel free to just copy-paste my first round post and change the names btw.

Flag Post

Oh, if you want to know what game it is, it’s Particles. I’m guessing a 100 score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EddieOwen:

I don’t understand, what are we meant to discuss?

The competition guideline will be written by Jaume very soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EddieOwen:

I don’t understand, what are we meant to discuss?

It’s a competition. Basically, to enter, get a score of x (likely about 100) in the game Particles. Jaume just accidentally created the topic before he had the text though.

Flag Post

Minor nitpick.

No hacking is allowed. Don’t fool us, we’ll know if you have hacked the game or editted the screenshot.

It’s edited, not editted. Anyway, yes, we have magic powahz to detect hacks.

Flag Post

Well I just scored 200 on the nose, I have a screenie, just waiting for Jaume to make it official.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Well I just scored 200 on the nose, I have a screenie, just waiting for Jaume to make it official.

You may as well post it now, be FIRST!

Also, Jaume, maybe you should add a link to that image capturing tool.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

You may as well post it now, be FIRST!

Also, Jaume, maybe you should add a link to that image capturing tool.

Yeah, I just wanna make sure I’ve done it right, I took a screenie of the today tab… so… FIRST!

Flag Post

I would have a better score, but I’m lagging right now. Need to restart Fire Fox.

Flag Post

VG, you probably should have screenied the high scores tab. Even though your score is in mine and Samster’s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:

I would have a better score, but I’m lagging right now. Need to restart Fire Fox.

You need to do it again anyways:

Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Screenshots must have your green plug on the top right of the chat proving you’re signed in and the highscores tab under the Today tab, so that we can see the screenshot is from today. In the screenshot, we must see your scores tab with your score and your score in the game must be matching.

Flag Post

Knew I forgot something! I really needed to restart Fire Fox before, so that may be why I missed doing that. Anyway, I’ll most likely post more screenies due to better scores.

Flag Post

If the scores even matter in the quals. It hasn’t been specified yet.

Flag Post

Managed to do a lot better now that the lag is gone. This isn’t my personal best, but it’s been quite a while since I got this high. My personal best is 255 seconds.

Flag Post

Okay, all the scores have been added to the spreadsheet.

Flag Post

Qualifier

The Qualifier round officially starts now (screenshots before it officially started do count)!

In this round, to qualify for the Kongregate King, simply manage to get a score of 100 or over in Particles.

Example screenshot:

So, good luck to all! Any amount of players can participate in the Qualifier round, so feel free to try your best and post your score here!

This round will end at 8:00 p.m. (UTC+12) on 9 September 2010.

Flag Post

Slight editting of my screenie, not done with any deceit in mind though ;)

Flag Post