Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 579

16580 posts

Flag Post

Cloud saves!

Flash game saves are only a couple kb so it wouldn’t take up much memory right? If kong had some sort of API people could put in their games where it would back up users saves to kongregate servers that would be amazing. You would be able to access all your game saves just by logging into your account. You can pick up where you left off on any computer and keep your data if your HDD fails.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobbert4ever:

Cloud saves!

Flash game saves are only a couple kb so it wouldn’t take up much memory right? If kong had some sort of API people could put in their games where it would back up users saves to kongregate servers that would be amazing. You would be able to access all your game saves just by logging into your account. You can pick up where you left off on any computer and keep your data if your HDD fails.

I just looked at my chat.Kongregate.com folder, and the size it takes on my disk is apparently 21.4 MB. If that were to be taken as an average for every account created (roughly 8,600,000 as of this post) for necessary space, then that would require about 175 TB of storage. I’m not going to comment on the practicality of this, as the userbase is constantly increasing, and so are the number of games, so this amount will only increase over time (again, it’s not a case of me having more data than someone else per se, but rather is I need that much then everyone else should also have the same max amount, so my numbers are based off of that).

However, if it were a Kong+ feature, then that’d be something interesting, but then again, it would require the recoding of every game on the site for them to work with it, and that’s just not feasible. And you should backup your data anyways, so you shouldn’t have to be too worried about a crash.

EDIT:

Most accounts are abandoned or alts, and most of the rest are much less active then you.

Which is why I said that it’s not a case of me having more, but a case that everyone should be allotted the same amount, as it’s unfair to give any one user more space than another.

Flag Post

there is a realy fun game i like but its not on this sight so can u make a game called metalstorm:wingman its an app

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Cloud saves!

I just looked at my chat.Kongregate.com folder, and the size it takes on my disk is apparently 21.4 MB. If that were to be taken as an average for every account created (roughly 8,600,000 as of this post) for necessary space, then that would require about 175 TB of storage. I’m not going to comment on the practicality of this, as the userbase is constantly increasing, and so are the number of games, so this amount will only increase over time (again, it’s not a case of me having more data than someone else per se, but rather is I need that much then everyone else should also have the same max amount, so my numbers are based off of that).

However, if it were a Kong+ feature, then that’d be something interesting, but then again, it would require the recoding of every game on the site for them to work with it, and that’s just not feasible. And you should backup your data anyways, so you shouldn’t have to be too worried about a crash.

Most accounts are abandoned or alts, and most of the rest are much less active then you.

Flag Post

^It’s a hard drive with attention deficit disorder.

Flag Post

We should change the title on the homepage to Gregregate, just for one day. August 3.
Come on, it’s it here, but Kongregate time still has 2 more hours!

Flag Post
Originally posted by finkidz5:

Would it be possible to have locked threads automatically moved to the second page? In OT for example, threads are often locked due to the nature of the forum, and the first page, at times, is cluttered with these threads.

Probably not, the threads are sorted in order of which was posted in recently

Flag Post

I can’t edit or delete my game comments? What a downer. Please, make editing and deleting possible. It sucks when I post a comment and notice some wrong typing and realize I can’t delete that comment…

Flag Post
Originally posted by oppositio1:

I can’t edit or delete my game comments? What a downer. Please, make editing and deleting possible. It sucks when I post a comment and notice some wrong typing and realize I can’t delete that comment…

You can delete them here but you can not edit them.

Flag Post

I think there should be a “random game” button. A lot of sites have one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlondieBluu:

I think there should be a “random game” button. A lot of sites have one.

There’s a badge generator, that takes you to a random game with a badge

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

lets put krallen on backyard monsters

Flag Post
Originally posted by charleygirl:

lets put krallen on backyard monsters

Kong doesn’t do changes on games, you’ll have to contact the dev of Backyard Monsters if you want something done on the game.

Flag Post

Charleygirl, it would be best posting that here.

Flag Post

I wish the “recommended badges” would remember when I close one of its recommendations for a new one. I get it, you all want me to play Sonny and Gemcraft Labyrinth, but I’m bored of those games and want to have other badges. I’m not really sure how the recommendations are determined but I think they could use adjustment!
Everything else is great :D

Flag Post

My suggestion… more suggestions!!! XD!!!

Flag Post

i Would like to suggest IP bans, as banning someone so they wouldn’t be able to make another account, and just go do what they were just banned for. I’ve seen many cases where some moderators have a tough time having to ban account after account because of trolls constantly making more accounts for purposes like trolling. this could help to prevent those kinds of situations and have the chat go back to a normal conversation as it was before.

Flag Post

Properly been suggested…

But when moving chat rooms (i play dream world and get whispered a lot) i loose all my chat info… and if someone Just whispers me while im moving it annoys me ,

Flag Post
Originally posted by 32114:

i Would like to suggest IP bans, as banning someone so they wouldn’t be able to make another account, and just go do what they were just banned for. I’ve seen many cases where some moderators have a tough time having to ban account after account because of trolls constantly making more accounts for purposes like trolling. this could help to prevent those kinds of situations and have the chat go back to a normal conversation as it was before.

It’s been stated multiple times before that there will never be IP bans, for multiple reasons. First off, multiple people can be using the same IP address, so if you ban an IP because of one person then multiple people might suffer from it (like colleges and universities). Also, people can change their IP address rather easily if they know what they’re doing, so it could actually end up not doing anything to stop someone from creating accounts.

Flag Post

They already have 15 minute IP bans, don’t they?

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

They already have 15 minute IP bans, don’t they?

There’s a fifteen minute period of time after an account has been permanently banned in which no new accounts can be created under that IP address, but accounts that are already created can still be accessed, as far as I know. So basically if there are ten people who are on the same IP address at a university and one gets permanently banned, they along with anyone else will not be able to create a new account for fifteen minutes, but the other nine who already had accounts will still be able to access their accounts and the site as they normally would.

Flag Post

What would be really useful and also easy to implement: a filter on game ratings, so you could find all the latest games above 3 or 3.5 stars or something. Would save me from having to look through all the crap games not worth playing, when looking for a new good game.