Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 581 (locked)

16592 posts

Flag Post

I just bought K+ and I think it would be cool if we could see K+ users themes on the chat view. Because I don’t think many people go to profiles.. Also, why not a section to suggest new themes ?

-Rawr

Flag Post

There should be a favourites list showing the games when hovering over the “Games” Tab, instead of clicking “My Favourites” and loading the favourites page.

Flag Post

I know that Gamestop employees have their own forum, so I thought it’d be kind of neat if there was a K+ forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mika_:

I just bought K+ and I think it would be cool if we could see K+ users themes on the chat view. Because I don’t think many people go to profiles.. Also, why not a section to suggest new themes ?

-Rawr

Yeah, maybe a smaller version of your current theme, or a secondary theme for the chat view, could be really great for a lot of people. It’d be a reason to hold some more K+ design contests too.

Flag Post

Ability to remove people from your Fans list.
Ability to block people from adding you as a friend.

Flag Post

I would love to see a special symbol or tag which indicates if the game has achievements.

Flag Post

While browsing shared content, it’d be nice to have the content browser popup minimized instead of closing it, so it’s easier to kkep browsing and loading stuff.

Let’s say you’re browsing page 24, and it includes two elements that you want to take a look at. You click one, it loads it and closes the browser, then you have to navigate all the way to page 24 to load the other one, which is pretty annoying.

Flag Post

It should be possible to put every games in full screen like the fullscreen function on youtube. Is that possible, or do every game maker have to do that by them self??

-And remove people from your fan list that streetwisecoffe said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XO25:

It should be possible to put every games in full screen like the fullscreen function on youtube. Is that possible, or do every game maker have to do that by them self??

F11.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

F11.

That makes it so that your screen can show more, it doesn’t make the games themselves full screen. What he’s asking for is more like this. It should be possible with every game, or at least most of them. To find the numbers, just hover over the link below a game to favourite it, it will tell you what folders to look in within the chat.kongregate.com/gamez folder to get the .swf name (not sure if there are other ways to get it), and then just the name of the .swf after that. You will not be able to earn badges playing like this, but your data should be saved, so you could just load it up after like normal and get the badges retroactively (in most cases, some badges aren’t retroactive).

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

F11.

That makes it so that your screen can show more, it doesn’t make the games themselves full screen. What he’s asking for is more like this, I’m not sure if it’s possible with every game though.

Indeed. It’s a very easy alternative, though.

Flag Post

I have an idea that would somehow make the appearance of Kongregate better. +

I play World Of Warcraft, (WoW_ when I’m not here. This idea came straight from there forums.

Initially, what this idea is, is a cool way of making foruming a little bit more exciting for those who enjoy it, like me. The idea is to simple change the appearance to make it more lively.

An example is something Moderators and Administrators only have. I’ll provide a screen shot. (Text and name of person were scratched out because I felt it’s useless)

What this does is it provides a lite up border around the Mod/Admin picture as-well as there text. This is cool because it reinforces the importance of Mods and Admins, and at the same time, makes it more noticeable when they are talking, as some people don’t pay attention to the simple “A” or “M”.

The next Idea is similar to the previous one, although this one is directly for users that aren’t Moderators or Administrators. I’ll provide a screenshot below.

What this does is it provides a lit up border around the users picture as-well as a different color text available. This idea is not for every single user, it’s generally for users with special privileges.

Example of someone earning that would be the following:
-Over “x” Amount of posts.
-Level 65
-Purchases K+
-Etc

Keep in mind these ideas are only presented to the people that have done something extra. Normal users have the regular color text and border picture light, same as here.

Flag Post

Administrators, maybe. 99% of the time a moderator posts in the forums, it’s their own opinion, so that shouldn’t necessarily be highlighted. I don’t think it’s right or fair to highlight “regular” users that have either hit the level cap or purchased K+. Also, highlighting over “x” number of posts encourages spam, quantity =/= quality.

Flag Post

Mods should have Blue text in chat, admins green, k+ red.
Also, chat smileys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexFromRomania:

Mods should have Blue text in chat, admins green, k+ red.
Also, chat smileys.

If you want to see some different chat colours depending on who’s talking, you can use the Chat Line Highlighting add-on, you can set a custom colour for moderators/administrators (I believe both are classified under the same thing for this script), and one for friends too (Kong+ hasn’t been added to this script, and I’m not sure if it will be or not).

As for smileys, there’s no real need to have images be usable in chat, but you can still use emoticons.

Flag Post

Points for leaving comments?

Flag Post

That causes spam.

Flag Post

Now = Not summer.

So, there are professional sports. (YAY!)

But now there are so many spam threads advertising these matches. (BOO!)

So, I guess Kong should set a low requirement on posts before actually being allowed to make a thread?
This move would hopefully delay if not lessen the number of spamthreads.
Kong should also start PERMABANNING users or IP BAN (Legasp!) users for this reason only?

Comments?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I would be happy if added a feature that let you have the badge of the day if you already acquired it as soon as you log in

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

So…are these suggestions still kept up with by Kong Admin or has the novelty worn out? Regardless, I lie down my suggestion!
I think that we should…be able to…remove fav’d games directly from your favorite list. Load screens are bad for the environment, man!

Flag Post

I think that we should…be able to…remove fav’d games directly from your favorite list

You already can =/

Flag Post

Kongregate should implement a new feature – a “Play Later” button on the game’s pages or as a drop-down before selecting to play the game. That way if someone sees a game that they may be interested in, but they may be busy and not be able to play that game right now (because some people put work before play time). So, giving them the option to simply click a “Play Later” button, without having to Rate it or add it to Favorites, just so that you can play it later.

This “Play Later” button could also be used to improve the recommendations feature that is already implemented. Especially, if it’s an easy click that would show a pop-up box when you hover over it with your mouse. Also, if you choose to implement a “Play Later” button, then you should be able to clear that game from any recommendations, because it’s pointless to recommend a game that someone already has in their “Play Later” section of their profile.

Flag Post

I would love a activity log that you can enable,disable make public or private. It should show the games you played and how long, and which game you played the most and a list of how long you play all the games you tried