Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 585

16550 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Breneric:

I’ve always thought that announcements in chat when a badge is earned would be quite fuelling to the gaming atmos , Theres too many people in such quiet rooms, maybe this will liven it up.

What a lot of people do is to copy the message that you receive when you earn a badge and post it in chat.

Flag Post

Kong coins!
There should be badges the give points, and some that give only kong coins.
1000~2000? kong coins = 1 point
100,000 = 1 kred
You should get em by getting badges at the kong coin to point ratio and getting badges that give only kong coins + you should get em just from being good at a game by playing it multiple times the better you do the more you get , and you should be able to buy stuff with kong coins, and buy kong coin items with kreds.
People should also be able to upload stuff on there and set what price too.
And 30% of the sales goes to creator, 30% to kong, 10% to advertisers and charity, 30% referral program (There should be that you get 30% OF YOUR REFEERRED PERSON’S Lifetime spending)
EDIT: Even if they buy stuff using kreds, theyll get paid in kong coins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

So, basically. A way to get free Kreds. What’s the point/benefit?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

a dinging sound for any PM’s Think about it, it would help mods if the get called when they aren’t looking for the chat, it could go even further and make it ding when someone says your name.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

a dinging sound for any PM’s Think about it, it would help mods if the get called when they aren’t looking for the chat, it could go even further and make it ding when someone says your name.

That sounds really abusable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

This and plus it would get annoying very quick.

Flag Post

If someone is abusing it, there’s nothing to stop you from muting them.

Maybe we could get a chat settings button to enable/disable it?

Flag Post

multi tag browsing
like if I want to browse just games with both “Platform” and “Puzzle” tag

Flag Post

HELLO!!! I have reported to you that I can not load my main yard and have not been able to do so as of a week now, and no one has been in contact with me to tell me what to do or what is being done. This is some crap. Once
again I am reporting a bug!!! What I have done is; Cleaned up History,Cookies,Cache,and a dick cleanup. The Inferno will load and plays just fine but, when I try to go back to my main yard I get the Oops somethings Broke… Well no S#!^… It has been for a week. Please do something !!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterlynn:

HELLO!!! I have reported to you that I can not load my main yard and have not been able to do so as of a week now, and no one has been in contact with me to tell me what to do or what is being done. This is some crap. Once
again I am reporting a bug!!! What I have done is; Cleaned up History,Cookies,Cache,and a dick cleanup. The Inferno will load and plays just fine but, when I try to go back to my main yard I get the Oops somethings Broke… Well no S#!^… It has been for a week. Please do something !!!!

Kongregate just hosts the games, they’re not responsible for maintaining them. Go to the Backyard Monster game page and click “Report a bug”. Fill out the form appropriately. If you don’t get a response or want to contact the developer, KIXEYE directly, you can send them a profile private message here.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

this, And the idea that i’m getting this from is actually IRC It’s not as annoying as it sounds, and i don’t really think it can be abused (it can also just ding on the first PM to get your attention)

Flag Post

I was wondering if we could improve the badges/achievements system.

I am currently on a badge acquiring mode and the way the searching for unearned badges are pretty limited. You select the pre-allowed filters, but then you are left with first, prev, 1-20, next, and last.

Could you add something that makes it 1-20, 21-40, 41-60 etc? It would make it a whole lot easier to skip games you do not have an interest in earning badges for more quickly instead of having to continually click the next button.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

this, And the idea that i’m getting this from is actually IRC It’s not as annoying as it sounds, and i don’t really think it can be abused (it can also just ding on the first PM to get your attention)

I’m a little late to the discussion right now, but there’s an add-on which will notify you when you receive a whisper, and it can be used in conjunction with another add-on to notify you whenever your name is said. PM Notifier is the main script, and Chat Line Highlighting is the secondary one for whenever your name is said. The alert will basically make a sound and cause the favicon to flash when you’re not focused on chat (so basically when playing a MMO or off-tab).

Personally, I love it, it’s not annoying at all, and since it only sounds when you otherwise wouldn’t be seeing the chat, someone sending you lots of messages wouldn’t make it go off.

Flag Post

could you add an option to not be in a chat room because the screen constantly moving but out of my main sight is bugging me so please make this an option

Flag Post
Originally posted by CameronO16:

could you add an option to not be in a chat room because the screen constantly moving but out of my main sight is bugging me so please make this an option

You could just switch to the game tab…. nothing moves on it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by CameronO16:

As well, if you don’t want to be in chat at all once you have the game loaded, open another game in a different tab and you’ll be disconnected from chat. You won’t get any badges or challenges awarded to you when chat’s disconnected, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AT1989:

I was wondering if we could improve the badges/achievements system.

I am currently on a badge acquiring mode and the way the searching for unearned badges are pretty limited. You select the pre-allowed filters, but then you are left with first, prev, 1-20, next, and last.

Could you add something that makes it 1-20, 21-40, 41-60 etc? It would make it a whole lot easier to skip games you do not have an interest in earning badges for more quickly instead of having to continually click the next button.

They had a system in the past that let you choose any page you wanted, but they had to change it because it was too hard on the servers.

Flag Post

Could you add a check box for shouts and other mail/messages that you’ve already read and a delete option …so we don’t have to click them one at a time. Now if they delete themselves after a period of time say 2 weeks or so that would be fine also. Sorry if this has been asked/suggested before, I wasn’t going to read over 500 pages of crap to check :)

Flag Post

How about Backgrounds available to accounts with and over level 25?
All the points have no real meaning right now, except for show.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cybertron114:

How about Backgrounds available to accounts with and over level 25?
All the points have no real meaning right now, except for show.

It’s a K+ feature. Points do have meaning, it’s a representation of how much you’ve earned.

Flag Post

I would love to see some way of locking chat to a certain game. I can think of two ways to do this:

1. By allowing you to lock the chat to the current game.
  2. By forcing you to connect to chat yourself when a new game starts.

I’m sure it’s happened to many of us; a great conversation gets hamstrung by a game switch, you miss out on some MMO game room chat happenings… I would have thought some way of locking chat would exist by now, especially after the major changes to chat some time ago.

Flag Post

there should be a friends in common sidebar

Flag Post

one idea that i have is to allow none kongregate plus user to allow them to store 3 games on your server at a time so they don’t have to store cookies on there computer and allow kongregate plus to store 6 games… because my brother keeps deleting cookies of the computer and its driving me crazy to replay the same game over and over and still not beating it