Forums Kongregate

Suggestions page 600

16512 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

We should have a forum reputation system implemented with a forum signature. So basically, the more rep you get, the more your signature grows.

Elaborate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VaultBoyz:
Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

We should have a forum reputation system implemented with a forum signature. So basically, the more rep you get, the more your signature grows.

Elaborate.

I think he means something like a system where you can thumbs-up posts, and the amount of thumbs-up you have affects the length of a signature you can have below your posts.

I’m not a huge fan of having signatures below posts, as it’d be breaking the flow of threads (I like being able to go from one post to the next without a break in between), and can be a little spammy (when a signature is longer than the post it accompanies, there’s something wrong). However, I’ve always advocated having something in the grey box to the left, since there’s often a lot of blank space there that could have something put into it (like this post, for example, there’s quite a bit of space there).

For a reputation system, again I’m not a fan, as it can be abused (alternate accounts and such), and generally isn’t that necessary (I’m a fan of having a simpler looking and functioning forums).

Flag Post

I don’t know if this is already available and I don’t know it, but a random game feature would be nice. I have often come here and been left flustered, like when you look at your fridge and you don’t feel like anything.

Flag Post

There’s this, but that’s about it.

Flag Post

Tag searcher. input tags that apply to a game you would like to play.( for example you want to play a specific game so in the search bar you put the specific tags belonging to that kind of game, such as space, action,, shooter, upgrades) That allows you to find more specific kinds of gamesthat belong to your taste.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kabloosh22:

Tag searcher. input tags that apply to a game you would like to play.( for example you want to play a specific game so in the search bar you put the specific tags belonging to that kind of game, such as space, action,, shooter, upgrades) That allows you to find more specific kinds of gamesthat belong to your taste.

You can sort of do that already, but it’s a little more manual. You can edit the url of a games page to get to such things as space games, action games, shooter games, and upgrades games, basically any tag that already exists on the site.

I’m not sure of a place on the site to just see them all, other than going to the “add and vote on tags” button below a game, but there was a list posted here with them all (courtesy of adv0catus).

Flag Post

When you flag a post, you are given the opportunity to explain your reason for flagging it. Please add this functionality to flagging games. There’s no guarantee that the administrator who checks flagged games knows what to look for, especially if the problem isn’t all over the comments (and we aren’t supposed to post accusations of theft in the comments). If there’s evidence that a game is stolen, I’d like to include it. If there is something really objectionable hidden in the game, I’d like to point out where to look. If a game has some sort of phishing scheme built in, I’d like to directly alert you without having to go through alternate points of contact.

Flag Post

TRIBES ASCEND looks like an amazing game but i am unable to play it on my current PC it would be awesome as a game on this website

Flag Post
Originally posted by rallenmaxzer:

TRIBES ASCEND looks like an amazing game but i am unable to play it on my current PC it would be awesome as a game on this website

Get the developer to upload it to Kongregate. :3

Flag Post

Or find a way to get it to work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NyanSheep:

Or find a way to get it to work.

You can only upload your own games. Uploading a stolen game is a huge no-no.

Flag Post

May have already been suggested, but… bookmarks. A kind of wishlist of games I want to play at some point. I don’t have a lot of time to play, and when I do have time I don’t want to waste it searching for that one game I saw last week and determined to play when I have time. Devs, this would also help you to better cater to our gaming tastes. Cha-ching?

Flag Post

You can use traditional browser bookmarks, or all you need to do is load up the game (even for a moment) and it’ll be added to your Recently Played which remembers the last 60 games you’ve played.

Remove “Kongregate News” from the COMMUNITY pop down menu. It hasn’t been updated since August and it being the 3rd item makes the section take up 2 lines instead of just 1.

[Edit: Actually since. “Arts & Sounds” will be gone soon, it’s not a big issue since it will drop to one line, anyways. So, new suggestion: use “Kongregate News” again.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Remove “Kongregate News” from the COMMUNITY pop down menu. It hasn’t been updated since August and it being the 3rd item makes the section take up 2 lines instead of just 1.

[Edit: Actually since. “Arts & Sounds” will be gone soon, it’s not a big issue since it will drop to one line, anyways. So, new suggestion: use “Kongregate News” again.]

You should replace it with FAQ or/and the Codes of Conduct, because they easier they are to access the better.

Flag Post

I don’t know if many have suggested this before, but how about a feature on leaderboards that can specify your own personal rank compared to the daily, weeekly, etc. leaderboards. If you are not in the top 100 of all time in a game, what about something that says “(username) rank 4,962 out of 10,384” or something like that. Like I said, If you’re not in the top 100, how else would you know what rank you are?

Flag Post

The friends tab shows your score, unless you’re not in the top 100 of your friends, as well

Flag Post

The friends tab shows your score, unless you’re not in the top 100 of your friends, as well

I don’t mean a leaderboard to see your score, I mean a Leaderboard to see how you’re dscore ranks against everybody as a sort of frame of reference.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarcoPolo9:

I don’t mean a leaderboard to see your score, I mean a Leaderboard to see how you’re dscore ranks against everybody as a sort of frame of reference.

That would probably take a lot a space to do.

Flag Post

I suggest to put a store with real products on the site.And the products could be purchased with points taken from games,game uploading,ratings etc.But the total points will still be displayed at every user profile.

Flag Post

So I noticed when I go to “Change chat rooms”, and I saw the “Favourites & Recent” rooms are combined, like this:

I’ll quote what I said earlier to someone;
“I don’t favourite that many rooms, and it is annoying to have my favorites and just recent rooms put in one and I cant tell what is what unless I go to every single room.”.

So I thought I’d suggest they could be made into separate categories?
And if people think it’d take up too much room, they can just use the arrow to minimize them like this;

-’Hanna.

Flag Post

Nobody care about my suggestion?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ratchet1999:

Nobody care about my suggestion?

I don’t like, it honestly. It’s a bad idea because of extremes. Either everything has to be ridiculously expensive and only a few people could afford to buy anything, or it’s too cheap and everyone floods the store and Kong losses a tonne of money. It’s also a bad idea to bump to like. :s You didn’t post that long ago and not every suggestion is going to be commented on (but it will be read).

Flag Post

Ok.I understand…Or Kong could put the prices in Kreds.This way more people will buy them.

Flag Post

Hey, wanted to add a suggestion.

A subscription similar to kong+, for a small monthly kred fee like 10-30, to make it worthwhile for kong too.
It would basicly ask you if you want to save the game progress (cookie or flashdata) on kong server too.

Regardless of game, if coding the API is possible to older games too, i am sure a zillion of us would use it.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure it’s a legal issue to not accept kreds for payment for things like that, which is why K+ doesn’t do it. But, yeah. A cloud storage system would be lovely, and has been suggested before. I imagine implementation is ridiculously challenging, though.