Forums Kongregate

Anyone else miss the "Argue!" game?

27 posts

Flag Post

It was pretty fun.

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

Kind of. Think I searched up that game several days ago.

Nostalgia.

Flag Post

I loved that game.
Needed a badge or two, though >:

Flag Post

The “argue” game? :o I like it already.
Let’s “argue” for it back, whatever happened to it.

Flag Post

Rather unsurprisingly, I loved that game. Miss it so much :(

Flag Post

They said that they took it offline and were working on a new and improved version of it.

Or at least, that is what they said two years ago.

Originally posted by cpasley:

Argue was extremely cheap, not microtransaction based and the first foray for us into what would be needed to support these games. Argue was an interesting concept, and one I still like; the new version will be coming out soon. It was my intention to do interesting, unique games, not just, if you’ll pardon the slight dig, DDR clones. I wanted to do something more, and I feel like these games have succeeded in that. I agree there is more we could do with these games, and there is more we will do. One thing that has been lacking from all of these games up until now is a willingness to keep banging away at them. If you read Inuition’s blog at all you can see how burned out they were on Dinowaurs. There was very little we could do with the game post-launch. They simply didn’t want anything more to do with it.

(That quote is from cpasley, almost two years ago. Cpasley was an admin in charge of the kongregate premium games when he posted that.)

Flag Post

I loved that game, I was playing it every day after I found it, I tried whispering the developer about what happened to it, and if it was anywhere else on the web. I’ve gotten no reply, and searching on google yielded no results. I REALLY wish this game was back. ;(

Flag Post

Why was it removed in the first place?
Because Kongregate couldn’t profit from it due to a lack of paid content?

Flag Post

We need it back, We need to take this up to members of kongregate in chat rooms, forums on the profile, we need to spread the word and make it living hell for the mods and admins to not have it on thw site, or so the plan goes but its hard to execute.

Flag Post

I really loved Argue. Bring it back plzplzplz.

Flag Post

I never played it.

It sounds like I missed out. :(

What was it about?

Flag Post

You occupy the bottom of the screen and the opponent is at the top, you send units out to capture land which allows you to create units faster. (The units can be different sizes) One of your units can be beaten much easier by a different kind of unit that the opponents sends out. Reason beats Passion for example, (if I remember correctly, anyway) the objective is to basically capture 80% of the board with your units before your opponent.

Flag Post

One of the most original and fun multiplayer games ever on this site. It’s a shame it got removed:(

Flag Post

Pretty much. You send units across the battlefailed to capture land, and they move in straight lines and bounce off walls. When two units of opposed players collide, they start decreasing in size, both of them – there are three kinds, one weak against other and good against the third one.

And you deploy them at different sizes.

So, rock-paper-scissors on a larger scale and with geography-based possible avoidance strategy.

And it’s called Argue because fights have topics and you either attack the point or defend it, and your units shout out your arguments in battle.

Kind of like Serious Discussion forums here, except for that Argue is actually winnable and not inane.

Flag Post

It was a great game, I remember it; very fun.

edit: Only played during beta, when half the users playing were mods/admins. (Users in chat)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

i didnt like it, it didnt matter at all what you typed. it could of just been nonsense and you still could of won.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

i didnt like it, it didnt matter at all what you typed. it could of just been nonsense and you still could of won.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tacket:
Originally posted by fdsasdf:

The game mechanics itself was pretty cool for a lot of people, and the comments were usually pretty funny albeit nonsensical.

Flag Post

We were just talking about Argue in chat the other day :(

Flag Post

I thought it was terrible,so it didn’t bother me much when it was removed.I doubt it will return now though.

Flag Post

Epic bump. Bring back Argue.

Flag Post

It was a great game, I remember it; very fun.

I still stand by this, and I still remember it :P