Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: CR 2011.06.21

40 posts

Flag Post

Another release and more changes for the site. So with our last release we let you link your Facebook account to your Kongregate account; now once your accounts are linked, you can find your Facebook friends on Kongregate.

Important Note: If your accounts are already linked, you’ll have to unlink and relink them in order to take advantage of the friend-finding feature. You can unlink by going to your account page and then clicking “remove connection”. After that, you should be free to re-link.

There is also a change on our homepage: The news section is back! And for developers, we’ve made some changes to our API that you can see here.

Beyond that, we have also included some bug and security fixes. Check out all the details in the changelog below or here.

Flag Post

Developers:
- Devs can now send in-game shouts
- Devs can now resize the enclosing game container

Users:
- Users can now locate Facebook friends with Kongregate accounts, as long as they’ve linked their Kongregate account to Facebook
- We got rid of the “Stop goofing around” error message from the feedback form!
- We now display character counts on our feedback forms
- We’ve restored News Posts to the front page
- Confirmation message is sent with successful Kreds purchases

Flag Post

Nice update :"D

Flag Post

I agree, another solid update. Nice work.

Flag Post

what would an in-game shout be?

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

I’m a little worried my facebook friends will see my level and call me a loser. Kong is something I hide XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by burrito:

I’m a little worried my facebook friends will see my level and call me a loser. Kong is something I hide XD

Haha me too man, I dont think it does so automatically.

Flag Post
Originally posted by burrito:

Haha me too man, I dont think it does so automatically.

How does one use this super new feature, dearest braves.

Flag Post

If you made a game, it lets you reply to people’s comments now :D Without the whole @X

Flag Post

For the feature “Users can now locate Facebook friends with Kongregate accounts, as long as they’ve linked their Kongregate account to Facebook”, we’re starting by suggesting Facebook friends to add as your Kongregate friends when you first link your Kong & Facebook accounts.

In the future (ie. really soon) we’ll be adding this as a feature for Kong users who have already linked their Kong & Facebook accounts, but right now it only appears as part of the “link your Facebook account to your Kongregate account” process.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

If you made a game, it lets you reply to people’s comments now :D Without the whole @X

That feature is actually not quite finished yet – it accidentally got released prematurely. We’re removing it now, but it will be finished and back in for the next release. Sorry about that!

Flag Post

What’s it mean by games and shouts?

Flag Post

Nice.
Stalking’s been made considerably easier.
CocoaPuff310 will LOVE this update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joe1017:

Developers:
- Devs can now send in-game shouts
- Devs can now resize the enclosing game container

Is this what I think it is? So we can now play the games at the frame sizes that they were originally meant to be instead of weirdly shrinked down?
Terrific.

Flag Post

What’s it mean by games and shouts?

The “in-game shout” feature means that if you complete an in-game achievement, devs can include an option to send word of that achievement to your shout box. It’s a bit like bragging about an achievement on Facebook or Twitter, and it’s strictly optional.

You’ll only be able to stalk those people who are already your friends on Facebook, which means they’ll probably expect you to be stalking them, or they wouldn’t have accepted your friend request. ;)

Flag Post

That’s really awesome. That’s probably as close as we devs will get to making our own badges. But what do you mean “strictly optional”? You mean the players decide if they want it?

EDIT: Nm, I get it.

Flag Post

Ah, good.
Since almost my entire facebook friends list consists of people from Kongregate anyway, I guess I don’t have to worry.

Flag Post

Mwahahahaha

Flag Post

You mean the players decide if they want it?

Yep!

Flag Post

So, let’s say my friend irl is Bob. Bob links his account to Facebook. I don’t. Bob searches for friends on Facebook. I’m his friend on Facebook. Can he find me?

Flag Post

Well… now that I think about it, what’s the point really? If it’s too brag about something they did in the game, other players who didn’t do that something can go to someone’s shouts that did, and copy the message onto their own shouts.

Flag Post

I’m glad to see the news is back on the first page!

Flag Post
Originally posted by oceanix:

So, let’s say my friend irl is Bob. Bob links his account to Facebook. I don’t. Bob searches for friends on Facebook. I’m his friend on Facebook. Can he find me?

Nope! Bob can only find you if you are linked as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

Ha, maybe I’ll try it out and see which of my friends secretly are on Kongregate :3 Besides the ones I brought here :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

Sweet. Thanks.